Rangers Vs Motherwell Discussion Thread

David

fucking brutal sitting watching that i wasny expecting anything fae the game but losing by 6 is no good enough.i didny want mccall as manager and ive seen nothing to change my mind i think the guys a diddy.the only good thing about the day was my mate giving a tim a kicking after he gave us the old h**s without the busfare patter :blush:

• Replies 274
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Always like the auld bellshill bus positivity Andy.

Unfortunately you have more chance of pulling a hare from yer arse as getting anything at Ibrox.

It was always bad enough getting points with a full squad, but with injuries and lack of quality and depth, I fear a pumpin' from a poor Rangers team.

Fingers crossed today on something positive but I wouldn't hold yer breath.

Brown and Knox £UCKED off, because they had a better offer and knew they couldn't built on or sustain the level required for 3rd spot. I still believe they would have delivered top 6.

D.W. stated that he is the man making decisions these days. Typical bean-counter. He'll do his job balancing the books and give himself a pat on the back for it. The downside is a total dismantling of a team in both quality and depth. Any decent player we're left with, will be banging on the managers door or phoning their agents for a speedy move.

S.M. and K.B. raised a few eyebrows to a number of fans - probably not the right men for the job at this time and especially under these circumstances.

Another bad move IMO.

There is a realistic tipping point, between spending way beyond your means and cutting back too deep and harming your business/team.

Unfortunately, we've done the later and will suffer the consequences.

Hard time ahead IMO.

And before the moaning starts, I've watched better and worse teams in my time and have feck all expectations.

Motherwell play at Ibrox and I was expected at Barrfields (by a St Mirren fan that has already given up on his team!) and as Largs progress in the Cup maybe it's about time to continue supporting Largs when Motherwell are away.

But for the season ticket I would consider home matches as well.

I didn't say he was good enough for the Premiership. I said he would get in to some teams in the Premiership. He's better than any keeper on the Arsenal payroll for a start.

He's good enough to play for Premiership clubs yet at the same time he's not good enough for the Premiership? :P;)

I didn't say he was good enough for the Premiership. I said he would get in to some teams in the Premiership. He's better than any keeper on the Arsenal payroll for a start.

Ha! You have got to be kidding me on! Randolph is a solid keeper very consistent. But never good enough to be a Premiership keeper.

There is a realistic tipping point, between spending way beyond your means and cutting back too deep and harming your business/team.

Unfortunately, we've done the later and will suffer the consequences.

Yes this tipping point is absolutely critical. The club had better have got it right but it seems they've cut it very fine this time.

On the subject of Randolph I would not ne surprised if a Championship club swoops in for him in the summer. Imo, he has had a better season than Ruddy had last year.....and that is some praise. If Ruddy can hold down a place in the Championship then so can Randolph. He would be a major loss to our team.

He's good enough to play for Premiership clubs yet at the same time he's not good enough for the Premiership? :lol::blink:

There are some goalkeepers who are number 1 for premiership clubs just now who are just not good enough for the EPL. In my opinion Randolph is better than any keeper Arsenal have. If Fabianski can play in the premiership then so the fuck can Randolph. It is not that difficult to understand. He could also walk in to the Blackpool team at this precise moment in time :whistling: . He is better than any keeper on Wigan's books with the exception of Chris Kirkland who is injured all the time.

So before before you want to have another pop I am saying he is better than some current goalkeepers in the EPL, therefore he would get a place in the team. Simples.

As for the Championship he would replace most number 1s.

People need to go away and have a look at the team line ups and tailor there reaction accordingly.

Really what did you expect? And before the game McCall more or less admitted that even in a weakened team he was playing guys that were carrying injuries because he simply didn't have anyone else to replace them with.

Rangers have Vladimir Weiss, we have Chris Humphrey.. If that doesn't highlight the massive quality gap between the sides then nothing will.

Rangers started with 10 international players, we started with 1.

There back line included 4 internationals with huge experience in European club football and in the case of David Weir and Majid Bougherra playing in World Cup Finals. Our back line included 3 players that 2 months ago were playing reserve or U21 matches and Stevie Craigan who played with an injury picked up in mid week.

Quite simply we had next to no chance in this game, in fact the result was predictable.

It's funny that just a few weeks ago many people were saying they wanted to write off the season and give the kids a chance. Well that's what is happening, predictably we get humped and predictably a large proportion of the fans act as something disgraceful has happened. No, it's just what happens when kids play against international players.

I'd go back to the discussion about the direction of the club.

Of course we got humped because we had an inexperienced line up against Internationals I know we need to be realistic.

The Sectarian twins have all the fans (due to religion and glory hunting) and all the resources. they have the ball at their feet and their kicking fuck out it. Them in cahoots with SKY are where it's all at.

We have dire attendances and we can't be expecting wonders in bringing in players, managers and providing facilities.

However we've had ample opportunity to ensure that some of these 'inexperienced youngsters' were indeed NOT inexperienced youngsters at this point in time. Craig Brown had ample opportunity to blend these guys in to ensure that they aren't so inexperienced. It's a disgrace that if Page for instance is someone we genuinely fancy as a well player for the future that he hasn't been brought gradually into the team.

There is no excuse for these guys being as wet behind the ears as they were.

This day was always gonna come.

It's the fact that we haven't prepared for it and gave the guys more experience and developed them as players thats the disgrace - not yesterday's result

Things are a mess right now - we're exposed due to our lack of forward planning under Brown and a really poor transfer window.

I fear that our new board may be attempting to run the ship a fair bit tighter than Boyle. There may be no alternative. Although if you look at the old chicken and egg scenario - there might not be a ship to sail if we strangle the football side of the club. However if we divert more fund to the playing budget the ship might sink.

Absolutely excruciating to watch.

It was a very, very bad day. Need to get to Tuesday quickly and put this behind us.

Just saw the goals again. Interesting to see Weiss and Jelavic do the old badge loving bit after goals. Both been there five minutes but know full well that'll go down a treat.

Just saw the goals again. Interesting to see Weiss and Jelavic do the old badge loving bit after goals. Both been there five minutes but know full well that'll go down a treat.

Never understand why that winds folk up so much, to be honest... it's just something folk do when they score a goal, like jumping and running about with their arms in the air. If anyone was paying me that much I'd be quite happy to kiss their badge on a shirt from the minute I got in the door as well.

There are some goalkeepers who are number 1 for premiership clubs just now who are just not good enough for the EPL. In my opinion Randolph is better than any keeper Arsenal have. If Fabianski can play in the premiership then so the fuck can Randolph. It is not that difficult to understand. He could also walk in to the Blackpool team at this precise moment in time -_- . He is better than any keeper on Wigan's books with the exception of Chris Kirkland who is injured all the time.

So before before you want to have another pop I am saying he is better than some current goalkeepers in the EPL, therefore he would get a place in the team. Simples.

As for the Championship he would replace most number 1s.

May be your opinion but Randolph is not better than Sczesny, Almunia and Al Habsi. Maybe Kingson and Fabianski but you would face problems trying to convince people. Your absolutely bonkers if you think Randolph is better than these players 7-8 months after getting released by a very lowly Charlton Athletic.

May be your opinion but Randolph is not better than Sczesny, Almunia and Al Habsi. Maybe Kingson and Fabianski but you would face problems trying to convince people. Your absolutely bonkers if you think Randolph is better than these players 7-8 months after getting released by a very lowly Charlton Athletic.

I'm bonkers!

He is better than all them :nod:

Speroni (Palace), Smithies (Huddersfield), Camp (Forest), Kenny (QPR), Marshall (Cardiff), Lonergan (PNE), De Vries (Swansea), Westwood (Coventry) to name just a few briefly are as consistant if not better, with equally as much potential as Randolph - and all dont feature in the EPL.

Speroni (Palace), Smithies (Huddersfield), Camp (Forest), Kenny (QPR), Marshall (Cardiff), Lonergan (PNE), De Vries (Swansea), Westwood (Coventry) to name just a few briefly are as consistant if not better, with equally as much potential as Randolph - and all dont feature in the EPL.

I wouldn't disagree with that but in my opinion if I had a choice between Fabianski and Randolph it would be Randolph easily so using that logic I am saying Randolph could play in the EPL. Whether he would be good enough is not the point but there are plenty of players playing in that league that aren't good enough.