Randy

fizoxy

Saw this in the manager's e-mail, which he sent to me personally:

I would like to pay tribute to Darren and his goalkeeping coach Stewart Kerr. Yesterday was his fourteenth clean sheet of the season; he is now only one behind John Ruddy’s total of fifteen for the whole of last season.

It doesn't seem that people have been creaming themselves as much over Randolph compared to Ruddy but fair play to the big man, and the defence in front of him of course!

i think its because randolph is just a solid goalkeeper that just gets the job done whereas ruddy was prone to the odd mistake or would make an amazing save, drawing more attention to himself( not that randy doesnt make amazing saves its just ruddy became well known in thespl with the save at united). all in all though id rather have big randolph in, he's solid and he's an absolute tank, meaning that i have no concerns when hes collecting crosses etc, and it was also hilarious when he ragdolled that wee bitch griffith at dundee B-)

He'll always be forever Claret & Amber - it just isn't our Claret & Amber ;)

I said it when Ruddy was here, what made him stand out was his ability to make a mistake, but instantly make up for it through quick reaction (his "triple" save against United comes to mind). Meanwhile Randy has just gone from game to game, doing what a keeper does without really bringing attention to himself and for that, got to thank Christian Dailly for bringing him to Brown's attention...

It doesn't seem that people have been creaming themselves as much over Randolph compared to Ruddy but fair play to the big man, and the defence in front of him of course!

Some acts are harder to follow than others. Randolph followed Ruddy, Ruddy followed Graeme Smith.

Guys in front of him have done very well indeed too. For all the abuse Craggs gets on here we've managed all them cleam sheets with him in the middle....

Totally agree, its not just Randy that should get the plaudits but the defense as a whole.