Motherwell Fc Tv Discussion Thread

postiejim

Dave, How many packets of cigarettes do you buy that won't open? How many pints of beer do you buy that stop you drinking them when you want to? I'm only saying that people spending money have every right to knock something when it's not perfect.

Point well made Ian. Whatever the cost of a subscription, the product should work.

Dave, How many packets of cigarettes do you buy that won't open? How many pints of beer do you buy that stop you drinking them when you want to? I'm only saying that people spending money have every right to knock something when it's not perfect.

it works fine though.

the problem is at their end, this is the equivalent of buying a pint then spilling it before you get back to the table.

Tried numerous times had a few e-mails suggesting what the problem could be, I tried, but have given up.

£1.99 down the swanee.

It'll be more than that if you give up -- doesn't the subscription renew automatically every month unless you (manage to) cancel it?

Good morning folks,

We are really sorry to hear some if you have had some issues with our new subscription service.

Our digital media partners, Perform, handle any problems however, we will push it at this end to make sure all problems are ironed out and people can enjoy the product how it was intended.

So, if you are having any issues with MFC TV, please send the following to tv@motherwellfc.co.uk and we will follow up on your behalf.

Name:

Username:

Detail of any issues:

Thanks again,

• Like 1

I'd be very surprised if it wasn't a bit of both (at least once they start charging full price)... would be an awful lot of effort for virtually no benefit if all the money was going straight to the Perform Group. Although even then, it could certainly be that MFC need a certain number of subscribers to break even, which would be another good incentive to get yourselves signed up now :)

I see that users of the official site that don't want skinned out of more money for utter crap, now get a 2 line summary of a story and a link to the tv crap.

Stroke of genius, that. Stopped using it, even BBC have the news quicker, and (identity crisis apart) are better written, by actual journalists.

Which story? The top 2 stories have about as much verbiage as the pre-TV days. Or are you just on another fishing expedition?

Motherwell have today re-signed 29-year old former midfielder Stephen Hughes on a short-term contract.

Hughes, a former Scotland International, was previously at Fir Park during the Mark McGhee era at the club, playing over 70 times in Claret and Amber.

He left in the summer of 2009 to join Norwich City and although he enjoyed back-to-back promotions with the Canaries, his second season was dogged by injuries.

He joined up with the squad last month in an attempt to get fit but his performances in training and during bounce games have convinced ‘Well boss Stuart McCall to sign him up, initially until 3rd January 2012.

The team are doing really well just now so the challenge is there for me and the other boys in the fringes to push them, keep them on their toes, and try and win a spot in the starting eleven.”

Motherwell-born Hughes began his career with Rangers and has also had spells with Leicester City and Milton Keynes Dons.

Speaking exclusively to MFC TV, Hughes said, “I am delighted; the manager was good enough to let me come in and train with the boys and it is great for me to get something sorted even though it is short-term.

“The team are doing really well just now so the challenge is there for me and the other boys in the fringes to push them, keep them on their toes, and try and win a spot in the starting eleven.”

And more than 2 lines on the reserve game:

Home / News / TV: Reserves win seven-goal thriller

TV: Reserves win seven-goal thriller

Tuesday, November 15, 2011

TV: Reserves win seven-goal thriller

Motherwell Reserves came from behind to beat St Mirren 4-3 at Dalziel Park this afternoon.

Saints took the lead early on when Jon McShane swivelled to rifle home a twenty-yard shot low into the far corner. The visitors doubled their advantage shortly after, David Barron’s low effort deflecting off Jonathan Page and into the net.

However, Motherwell hit back midway through the half; Gary Smith sprung the offside trap, latching on to a lovely Jamie Pollock pass over the top of the defence, before drilling home from close range.

The Steelmen drew level when the attacking trailist, one of three playing for ‘Well, got on the end of a terrific Jordan Halsman cross from the right to bullet home a header from about eight yards out. Incredibly, within sixty seconds, Motherwell got their noses in front and what a sublime goal it was.

It was created by Ross Forbes, the midfielder dinking an exquisite sixty-yard ball over the top of the Saints’ backline into the path of Stuart Carswell. The youngster cut inside his marker before lashing an unstoppable drive into the top left hand corner, leaving Graeme Smith absolutely helpless.

In an enthralling first-half, St Mirren, shocked at throwing away a two goal advantage, managed to get themselves level before the break and again it came from another wicked deflection. Barron and Nigel Hasselbaink combined just inside the area before eventually cutting the ball back for Joe McKee. The on-loan Burnley midfielder had taken up a good position and he was rewarded when his low shot spun off the unlucky Page and into the net.

The second half was less eventful in terms of goals, yielding just one, which would prove the winner for ‘Well. Ross Forbes released substitute Adam Cummins down the right flank and his tantalising cross to the far post was gobbled up by Gary Smith who rose above Barron to head past Smith.

Motherwell: Trialist, Halsman, Page, Trialist, McKinnon, Forbes, Pollock, Hughes, Carswell, Trialist, Smith

Subs: Howarth, Lawless, Cummins

I missed the reserves game report on the BBC site. Can you post the link?

• Like 1

Michael Higdon was left frustrated as his opening goal counted for nothing after Celtic came back to claim a 2-1 win.

Youth supremo Gordon Young is looking forward to locking horns with local rivals Hamilton Accies in tomorrow's Youth Cup clash.

It's very easy to pick out examples to prove your point, weeyin.

yes.gif

And make sure you go click that little '-' button on the right there.

What I would say folks is that we are still finding our feet with a lot of it - it's only been four or five weeks since we launched.

There are some excellent features planned in the weeks ahead - the Motherwell Podcast for example - that should hopefully entertain. The focus from the start has always been to give you access that the BBC and STV can't and we're working towards that.

Our priority in recent days has been to try and iron out some of the issues people are having watching it which we are doing in partnership with Perform.

Thanks for all the feedback though (positive and negative) - as I've said, it will get better and better as time goes on.

Cheers,

not sure if appropriate at this time, but longer term any chance it could be moved away from being flash based

I suppose it a positive criticism in a way, as I'm only concerned that I'm missing out on stuff, due to volume of content :thumbup: , but as I cannot access it whilst on the move , I'm missing out on much of the value

Hi Brazilian,

We will be working with Perform over the next few months on mobile apps that will allow you to watch and listen to content on your mobile phone, tablets etc. Given a lot of these are made by Apple and, as such (hopefully changing soon), not compatible with flash, then hopefully we will be accommodate more.

From a technical point of view, flash helps keep down things like bandwidth which it is now the preferred method of our digital media partner.

Cheers

There are some excellent features planned in the weeks ahead - the Motherwell Podcast for example - that should hopefully entertain.

Will we be able to download the podcasts? That's one gripe I've always had with the Wishaw Press Motherwell podcast. Being able to listen to it whilst on the move would be nice.

If not straight away David, then certainly in the near future... That's the plan anyway.

Perform are having some server issues today so might be some intermittent problems. Don't panic, they are working on it.

Still trying to work through some of the issues some people are having with their log-ins too. Sorted one or two, few others left.

As always, thanks for patience...