Motherwell Fc Tv Discussion Thread

postiejim

This can't be posted in too many threads....

Graham Barnstaple makes me wish i'd quit my job just so I could get to the game and have an alternative to listening to him. You don't like officials...we get it. You don't think fouls these days are actually fouls...we get it. You like to patronise anything that isn't Motherwell...we get it.

Just tell us what's happening, we're not interested in what you think about it because right or wrong it makes it impossible for anyone who doesn't agree with you to make it to the end of the commentary. If it's free...do what you like. If we're being charged for it, just provide the service we're paying for and describe what's happening, instead of alienating the people who think your opinions on the game/sport are nonsense.

It's one of the reasons I don't always listen. Can't stand the guy. Even the other guy sometimes sounds embarrassed with the things he says or makes his groans

Been complaining about Barnstaple for months, but it seems to have become worse recently. Been switching the commentary off in the early stages he has become so unbearable. I like Kris Jack, and enjoyed his commentaries before he joined MFC TV, but his efforts are being destroyed.

And as if the content wasn't bad enough, the decibel level is even worse. When you are wired up to a mic, screaming into it is not recommended.

• Like 1

been lucky to get to most of the games recently

but todays commentary was pretty woeful even Flow got lost about what I'd expect their goal to be

all I want is someone to paint a picture of what is happening on the park, where the players are positioned, where the play is , is it on the left? on the right? what half is it in?

Game must have been horrid today, but it was worth switching off the commentary as quite simply I had no idea at any time where the play was and hardly ever knew who had the ball, so in effect all I was listening to was two fans complaining about refs and reporting mistakes.

sure bemoan a bad decision if it happens but rememember that most folk listening in are trying to picture whats going on.

right now Twitter paints a more imaginative picture than the live commentary does

And this is the guy that heads up the ''well society?

Indeed. Kind of glad I haven't signed up yet as im not sure my views on club matters can be adequately represented just by using the words "Ucchhhhtt" "Pffffffffttt" "Urrrrghhh" and "Arrrgghhhawwwjeeees".

Or the insightful thoughts that "if that's what passes for a finger buffet these days Alan, then I don't even know what a finger buffet is anymore."

1st time listening today, was just glad to be able to hear live commentary tbh.

Did think there was an element of bias towards us but that's to be expected.

Will give it a few more listens before making judgement on the guys providing the coverage.

My only gripe is I use a tablet at home (personal laptop is dead) & I have never been able to access MFC TV on it, put in my logon details but never allows me in.

Have logged on today using my work laptop without any problems.

Can you only access on the device you originally logged on to it on?

Anyone else's 'Well Society MFC TV subscription expire yesterday without warning, or just mine? Only got the code in April so hasn't even lasted 12 months :wallbash:

Exact same thing happened to me. Couldn't get the live commentary today as it was wanting me to subscribe even although I only joined in April of last year!!!

A lot of the criticisms above are sadly justified. Haven't logged in for a wee while now to be honest but when I did use it and on the rare occasion I did listen to a match commentary, I was not impressed at all.

Obviously, it is being run on a tiny (zero) budget but when people are paying for the service it does need to be better than it is.

Exact same thing happened to me. Couldn't get the live commentary today as it was wanting me to subscribe even although I only joined in April of last year!!!

Ah well. Have emailed Alison to see if she can sort it out her end, sounds like there are probably a few of us in the same boat.

A lot of the criticisms above are sadly justified. Haven't logged in for a wee while now to be honest but when I did use it and on the rare occasion I did listen to a match commentary, I was not impressed at all.

Obviously, it is being run on a tiny (zero) budget but when people are paying for the service it does need to be better than it is.

Indeed Finlay. I couldn't make the game on Tuesday there, so I tuned in to listen to the second half. It was incredibly painful to say the least. A bit like when yer dear old grampa, who's completely lost his marbles, starts shouting randomly at the telly.

If I may be so bold to ask the question, who exactly is this chap anyway and what makes him so prominent around the club, MFCtv and Well Society?

Possibly no more than someone willing to give up a lot of spare time. If someone is doing so much for nothing then it's difficult, from the inside, to be too critical. However, I'm pretty sure comments will have been noted, taken on board, and changes made in the future.

Wasn't Mark Benstead being touted as a commentator on MFCTV at one stage? Pretty certain he would have been expecting cash for the gig and that put an end to that idea. Would be good if you could get injured/suspended players etc. to co-commentate on a game. Bring some real insight to the games as well. Highly unlikely to happen mind you.

Club have always failed to utilise their biggest asset (the players) for outside/additional duties imo.

Indeed Finlay. I couldn't make the game on Tuesday there, so I tuned in to listen to the second half. It was incredibly painful to say the least. A bit like when yer dear old grampa, who's completely lost his marbles, starts shouting randomly at the telly.

If I may be so bold to ask the question, who exactly is this chap anyway and what makes him so prominent around the club, MFCtv and Well Society?

As much as I know Graham was a contributor to the GLF fanzine before eventually becoming editor for a period.

In common with many of the same, that saw him appear occasionally on the likes of Off the Ball and take on more official duties by getting involved with the programme which he would again later be editor.

From memory I might have recalled him mentioning covering games for papers in his articles though in what capacity and to what extent I''ve no idea.

Certainly as Finlay says he's contributed heavily to Motherwell written media for a number of years.

Does that qualify as sufficient for the commentary gig on MFC TV? I suppose that's for the listener to decide.

Personally I hate listening to first team games on the radio for many of the reasons listed. Heart attack inducing shrieks from commentators and the likes leading you to fear you've conceded only to discover it's a free-kick at the halfway line etc. Much prefer the combination of Twitter and Jeff if I can't be there so have never ventured near MFC TV on match day.

I must admit I have enjoyed the occasional reserve broadcast with the generally easygoing chat taking place but then that ofcourse is a different animal from a vital first team encounter.

Would be good if you could get injured/suspended players etc. to co-commentate on a game. Bring some real insight to the games as well. Highly unlikely to happen mind you.

To be fair, not sure I'd be a fan of that anyway. Current players would have to be far too mindful about what they said about all sorts of things.

1st time listening today, was just glad to be able to hear live commentary tbh.

Did think there was an element of bias towards us but that's to be expected.

Will give it a few more listens before making judgement on the guys providing the coverage.

My only gripe is I use a tablet at home (personal laptop is dead) & I have never been able to access MFC TV on it, put in my logon details but never allows me in.

Have logged on today using my work laptop without any problems.

Can you only access on the device you originally logged on to it on?

Mine works fine on my laptop and phone.On my ipad it lets me log in fine but doesn't let me watch anything because of the flash version

Mine works fine on my laptop and phone.On my ipad it lets me log in fine but doesn't let me watch anything because of the flash version

Will never work on iPad I'm afraid, never has been and never will be a version of Flash for iPad/iPhone. (Android is going the same way, no Flash on new Android phones/tablets now either.)

Flash is old technology. Did they not say a year or two ago it was done? Website owners just haven't bothered their arse?

It's certainly older technology and has it's own issues. However, like all technologies it will take it's own sweet time to disappear. The reason it's not supported by Apple products is because, ironically, it is proprietary technology that Steve Jobs had no control over.

There are, however, apps out there that will play flash.

Flash is old technology. Did they not say a year or two ago it was done? Website owners just haven't bothered their arse?

Last time I looked the BBC website still used flash (could be wrong though, don't know much about these things ) and it must be one of the biggest websites around.

Last time I looked the BBC website still used flash (could be wrong though, don't know much about these things ) and it must be one of the biggest websites around.

Good example ( althought maybe different side of the discussion than you intended) as they are moving away from it section by section, gradually getting to view more stuuf from the beeb on devices that dont support flash