Motherwell Fc Tv Discussion Thread

postiejim

Flash is old technology. Did they not say a year or two ago it was done? Website owners just haven't bothered their arse?

To be fair, one problem for the website guys is that most other video streaming technologies don't support DRM in a cross-platform fashion. Which, like it or not, a lot of content providers (and certainly all the UK TV channels) still want to foist upon us.

Ah well. Have emailed Alison to see if she can sort it out her end, sounds like there are probably a few of us in the same boat.

I found that it was easier dealing with MFCtv hosts direct the have a helpdesk email type thing that they respond to relatively quickly

just lay it down that your code was for 12months free access and if they check your details theyll see you've only received Xmonths

I found that it was easier dealing with MFCtv hosts direct the have a helpdesk email type thing that they respond to relatively quickly

just lay it down that your code was for 12months free access and if they check your details theyll see you've only received Xmonths

I emailed them first. They did respond quickly, but told me my code was supposed to expire on 22nd February, even though I'd pointed out that it shouldn't have done as far as I was aware. Didn't seem much point arguing the toss with them after that until I knew exactly what I was supposed to have got.

Will never work on iPad I'm afraid, never has been and never will be a version of Flash for iPad/iPhone. (Android is going the same way, no Flash on new Android phones/tablets now either.)

I use an app called Photon which allows me to watch MFCTV on my iPad and iPhone... to be fair, I've never listened to commentary that way but there is a way to get the Flash required.

I use an app called Photon which allows me to watch MFCTV on my iPad and iPhone... to be fair, I've never listened to commentary that way but there is a way to get the Flash required.

Yeah, those kind of apps work for some things, but tend to fall down if you want to watch geo-restricted content like iPlayer because they work by streaming the video in a different format from a server in (usually) some other country.

I emailed them first. They did respond quickly, but told me my code was supposed to expire on 22nd February, even though I'd pointed out that it shouldn't have done as far as I was aware. Didn't seem much point arguing the toss with them after that until I knew exactly what I was supposed to have got.

Just received an email from Alison to say the 'Well Society MFC TV membership is only supposed to last 12 months. That doesn't explain why it's expired two months early, but if true, also makes a mockery of the only actual tangible benefit for us overseas members (especially those of us who didn't join at the lowest level).

Yeah, those kind of apps work for some things, but tend to fall down if you want to watch geo-restricted content like iPlayer because they work by streaming the video in a different format from a server in (usually) some other country.

If you want to watch iPlayer on an Apple I can recommend the Tunnel Bear service. Has a free trial and works great for iPlayer on my iPod touch.

Just received an email from Alison to say the 'Well Society MFC TV membership is only supposed to last 12 months. That doesn't explain why it's expired two months early, but if true, also makes a mockery of the only actual tangible benefit for us overseas members (especially those of us who didn't join at the lowest level).

Reply back saying you'll take the extra two months in place of the DVD which never materialised.

If you want to watch iPlayer on an Apple I can recommend the Tunnel Bear service. Has a free trial and works great for iPlayer on my iPod touch.

Ta. I'm actually using NetShade on both my Mac and my iPad for that sort of thing at the moment (offers UK, US and various other proxies, or VPN if you pay a bit extra), which is doing the job quite nicely too.

Afternoon folks,

Interesting to read many of the comments and feedback. Disappointed a lot of it is negative but, at the same time, it's good to know what people are thinking so we can try and improve the product. Together with the guys who contribute, we will try and pick the bones out and make improvements.

On a separate note, if you are having any issues with the site, email me at press 'at' motherwellfc.co.uk and I'll take it up with Perform. If your access is via the 'Well Society, then 'CC' wellsociety 'at' motherwellfc.co.uk to keep everything right.

Incidentally, the lack of movement on the 'flash' issue has been a frustration of mine too. The good news is a number of Scottish clubs who use the platform are pushing hard for developmental change with Perform and the hope is will be supported by Apple / Smartphone / Tablet products soon.

We know things aren't perfect, as someone mentioned earlier, we are working within a very, very tight budget but try to produce as good a level of coverage as possible.

We are always looking to improve. In terms of a club media subscription product, we are just over a year old and compared to others, still in our infancy and developmental stage. A lot of what we do is good, some other things not so good. You can be assured though that people are working extremely hard each and every day to bring you the best possible product with the resources we have at our disposal.

Personally, i am relatively pleased with the progress the club is making on this side of things but acknowledge there is a lot more still to do.

Cheers,

Flow

• Like 4

I got the same reply and suppect everyone else who got the same code will have the same problem

I got the same reply and suppect everyone else who got the same code will have the same problem

Alison got back to me last night again, she spoke to the MFC TV providers and my subscription has been reinstated until April 22nd. I suspect that'll just have fixed it for me rather than for everyone, but she said she's happy to sort out anyone else who's had the same problem if you contact her.

Same story as Numpty. Also confirmation from providers confirming access to be reinstated following discussions with Alison. Old Promo Code could be used only once so they are working on getting that sorted out so I can log in again. Say they will get back to me when it's sorted.

Alison was extremely helpful with this and to be honest it was only when she got involved that Customer Services changed their stance. Until that point I was being given the runaround.

Finally managed to get signed back in to MFC TV.

They also agreed to extend my free access until 25 April to make up for time locked out . Suggest anybody who was locked out should ask for extra days to make up time lost. It can clearly be done.

• 4 months later...

I suspect I know the answer to this, but I don't suppose overseas fans are getting streams of live games yet?

Not that I’m aware of, I watched the live stream of Celtic TV’s coverage of last nights game against Elfsborg and it looked pretty good. Something similar (although on a smaller scale) would be great for these games.

Not that I’m aware of, I watched the live stream of Celtic TV’s coverage of last nights game against Elfsborg and it looked pretty good. Something similar (although on a smaller scale) would be great for these games.

That was being streamed from the Celtic TV coverage. Something unfortunately that MFC TV hasn't yet managed.

Will keep an eye out for any possibilities this afternoon.

As a relative local in Bargeddieshire, where MFC TV comes into its own for me is for coverage of things like the recent pre-season campaign.

Not so many moons ago our trip to Cowdenbeath for example would have attacted something like this in the tabloids at the end of a three page spread of Gers in Germany or some such...

Goals from McHugh(2), Thomas, Lasley and Moore helped a Motherwell XI to a 5-0 win over Cowdenbeath

To be able to see goals and highlights from a game like that these days is excellent. Even for the likes of the Newcastle and Forest games, where you might have been able to catch the goals on SSN, getting extended highlights is great.

I do think it would be nice to see the retunr of the quirky wee features they had at the start - like the "Ask Higgy" feature or the "Bucket Challenge" where you go a wee behind the scenes insight but appreciate that the more areas the social media side covers the less time they have to devote to each area of it.