Motherwell Fc Tv Discussion Thread

postiejim

Or, of course, they could enlist the help of a sponsor.

By that do you mean a few more ads in the program for cash convertors in exchange for a free hd knocked off by a smack head?

If we were to do full delayed coverage rather having to employ people to do commentory, could the club not allow fans to submit 2 minute recordings of them doing it and the best could get to do a games commentory in exchange for a ticket to the match, signed ball

and a name-check in the program?

By that do you mean a few more ads in the program for cash convertors in exchange for a free hd knocked off by a smack head?

Or by an ISP giving us some free bandwidth etc.

If we were to do full delayed coverage rather having to employ people to do commentory, could the club not allow fans to submit 2 minute recordings of them doing it and the best could get to do a games commentory in exchange for a ticket to the match, signed ball and a name-check in the program?

I don't really need to hear 90mins of Forbes is shite, Humphrey canny cross a ball. I'd settle for just the live stream.

I'd settle for just the live stream.

Maybe it just me but when watching football on the net, say a live stream, I'm not a fan of having to watch it on mute because the audio is in spanish or another language. Even if the patter is shite I like something there, doesn't seem right without it.

• Like 1

The more observant may have noticed the Stuart McCall interview on the fishal site had a MFC TV logo in the background .......

'Flow also tweeted this morning that he'd "been in work since 6.30am trying to fix an IT issue"... my immediate thought was "maybe we won't be seeing the launch of Motherwell TV today after all, then..."

http://twitter.com/#!/Alan_Burrows

• 3 weeks later...

If that was all they were doing, that would be true. However, if they were going to use the footage to replay on delay, show highlights etc. to UK based subscribers that would be available to everyone, then streaming it first wouldn't be such an overhead.

We wouldn't need full production values, commentators, action replays and the like.

Still might not be viable, but it's amazing what you can do with a cheapo HD Camera and a decent internet connection these days.

Or, of course, they could enlist the help of a sponsor.

You really don't have a clue, do you? Hosting 2 hours of HD quality video online for not much of an over-head? Added to the fact that there are almost certainly licencing complications and finally, 'A cheapo HD Camera'? Aye, thats right, just bash it together and stick it on the internet, its often a place where there is minimal criticism about quality.

You really don't have a clue, do you? Hosting 2 hours of HD quality video online for not much of an over-head? Added to the fact that there are almost certainly licencing complications and finally, 'A cheapo HD Camera'? Aye, thats right, just bash it together and stick it on the internet, its often a place where there is minimal criticism about quality.

If you knew where I worked you would realise I do have a clue.

However, putting your ill informed criticism to one side, the fact that many other clubs already offer a version of such a service proves it is completely feasible (including the managing of the licensing rights).

3 or 4 years ago a company (scottishfootball.co.uk I think it was) offered live SPL games on the internet. That was just one camera coverage and the quality even back then was excellent. Technology has moved on since those days, so there is no reason to think it can't be implemented by the club. That particular company even hired commentators, but to be honest, I don't see any need for that.

• Like 1

Funnily enough, I don't know where you work, I can only imagine its somewhere dead important.

I'm not saying it isn't possible, but I am saying that just grabbing a video camera, getting some footage and getting it online for the sake of it is far and away the worst way possible of doing it.

Maybe the club is just ensuring that everything is put together properly and actually works before they pap it out? The last I heard was that Flow was setting this up with a pretty minimal (if anything at all) budget.

I think we will beat Rangers first before we will see MFCtv :whistling:

You could dress eleven random blokes in blue tee shirts and they would still beat us. So I’m afraid Motherwell TV has a long way to go before lift off. In fact Clyde should nip down to JJB and buy some Rangers replica kit, that way the cup game would be in the bag. ph34r.gif