Dundee Utd V Well - Sc Qf

weesacs

started a new thread, to make this one more visible to club officials

another Sunday trip to Dundee, with another terrible 115 KO

the club benefit financially from TV revenue so I would like to see the club do all they can to encourage folk to go

both teams have to agree admission prices - so what do we think is acceptable? Another £15 - just like Dundee and Stranraer? £5 or £8 for concessions?

SMc touched on it in his email after the Stranraer game - it isnt cheap to travel, petrol prices are rocketing

I'll give the club the benefit of the doubt in that there wasnt much time between the Stranraer/Stenny game, and thats why they never attempted to put on some buses. Although I did hear through the grapevine that they contacted a bus company and were told that supporters had already booked it themselves.

So with over a month until this game is due to be played.............get it sorted early and let people know the cost involved, offer an incentive and encourage folk to travel and support the team.

There are already folk on other thread saying that they wont be going - so you need to try your best and change their minds. Offer free buses, offer "reasonable" priced tickets.

(£15 for Dundee, £15 for Stranraer, £15 for Hampden - people travelled in reasonable numbers)

We have 3 games scheduled for March - ALL AWAY from home

Show the fans that you care what we think - we want to support our club - but its financially very difficult

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree with most of what you're saying.

However this season I have found myself deciding to miss out away televised games more than ever before.

Especially with it being on a Sunday @ 1.30, it's a bit restricting to making a day of it and I doubt there will be much difference in atmosphere in JD's than at the game.

I could be persauded but I doubt it to be honest and I would imagine there are a fair few in the same mindset.

I'm sure the clubs will get together and sort out reasonable admission prices out for this 1, I'm going but when you weigh up the costs involved you do sometimes question your own sanity particularly when it is on TV - would I be better off just watching it in the pub and spend £20/30 on beer or even cheaper still buy a £10 carry-out and watch it in the comfort of your own home vs the £20 admission, your supporters bus/train fare AND your bevvy money!!

As I said, I'm sure the clubs will sort out something on the admission prices for the fans although I dont think we should expect the club to run supporters buses on our behalf.

Sparra - i totally agree with you

I've never been one for going to JDs or the Electric, but maybe someone from the club should miss the game and go to these pubs and see how many folk are in there, giving their hard earned cash to the boozer rather than to the Well

I've already spoke to Jay to see what his plans are - and he will be doing the same as you. How many others will be the same? How many folk will just sit in the house and watch it?

How many folk might think - hey its going to cost me £50 (and the rest) to go to Tannadice, but I'd rather keep my money and save it for a trip to the Emirates two weeks later???

I didn't realise that this game had been moved to the Sunday at 1:15pm kick off until I read this thread. Well I guess that's the decision made for me about whether I'll be going or not then. That's me missed all 3 Scottish Cup games this year which I can't believe has happened to be honest. Feel a bit guilty, but away games just cost too much at the moment.

Maybe he has something else that he does on a Sunday??

Maybe a Sunday is the only day his Mrs will let him near her,

Work, playing football, c**t of a hangover from a planned Saturday night out, church or chapel, or a million other reasons!!

Those that run Football better realise quick that the constant tinkering with when we play our football matches is going to drive more fans away from teh game altogether.

Sunday fitba sucks. Period. 1:15pm kick offs are even worse. For the record, for the first time in about 15 years away games last season and this season have been at a premium due to money (or lack of value for) and I'm just too damn busy to justify the time it takes to undertake such a journey.

Complete boycott of an away game is something i feel should be done to show we are unhappy with inflated prices,rising travel costs and stupid kick off times and days. I totally understand where most folk are coming from as i myself have missed away games i would never have missed in previous years down to the reasons i gave. However i dont think this is the game to do it. A win for the 'well will see us with another trip to Hampden surely the lads deserve our support for that.

I think what I was getting at earlier in the thread is when the game is on the TV I don't feel like I am missing the game.

When it comes to spending £20 on a non-televised game or £20 on a game on the television I find myself choosing the non-televised game.

There obviously will be exceptions such as the semi-final there, European ties etc but it's become a case of being happy just to see the game.

That's not taking into the account all the extra costs which make the days where I could go to every game a thing of the past.

keep the discussion going! and those who choose not to go to, tell us why

I would like someone from the club to see as many disgruntled fans as possible on this thread

its not "having a go" - its making them realise that times are tough - financially. We have 3 away games that month

After talking to one of my mates, he said that someone from the club may reply - but we'll get a standard reply, saying they know its tough, and we understand, but your support means the world to us and TV money is important to the club

I get all that........but surely the people paying at the gate are important? Surely we give you more money than TV does??

£82,000 if your game gets on the tv from Sky.

Or 4100 £20 pay at the gate punters.

You work that one out.

ok ok.......you got me, but I sold myself short

what i was meaning was that for a club like Motherwell, surely the paying public pay more per season, that what we recieve from Sky - therefore, surely we are more important

or, if that one isnt clear either

if Motherwell could only recieve payment from one source, either fans OR tv - who gives them more money?

I understand all the points raised- but the thought of Motherwell in a quarter final and me not being attendance is a bit much for me still. Had the game been a league game, it would have been a no brainer, I would have kept the twenty something quid for an away game I wouldn't be able to see every kick live.

This has the potential to be the most important game of our season, Europe looks out the window, relegation seems highly unlikely, mid table mediocrity seems to be where the league campaign is destined for. So if there is one game we should all be eager to attend between now and the end of the season it should be this one.

ok ok.......you got me, but I sold myself short

what i was meaning was that for a club like Motherwell, surely the paying public pay more per season, that what we recieve from Sky - therefore, surely we are more important

or, if that one isnt clear either

if Motherwell could only recieve payment from one source, either fans OR tv - who gives them more money?

Motherwell's revenue is made up of 1/3 TV and 2/3 other sources.