Dundee Utd V Well - Sc Qf

weesacs

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good stuff.

Fancy going to this.

Just depends on trains to see if I can get in Motherwell in time for a bus as they are a bit silly from my way on a Sunday.

Not too far away though so hopefully be ok.

Trains from Glasgow Central Low Level to Motherwell, Sunday 13th March are;

10.04, 10.23, 10.32 (Virgin Train from high level) and 10.50 (East Coasttrain from high level).

10.04 will go via Bellshill to Motherwell and will take 29 mins.

10.23 will go via Hamilton where you could get off at Airbles and take 32 mins.

East Coast and Virgin will take 15 mins to Motherwell.

Where are you travelling from?

Where are you travelling from?

Barrhead.

Trains don't start until about 9.30am on a Sunday I don'tthink.

Coming back they run through out the day but stop at 6 and there isn't another one until after 10pm.

It's the connections and gaps between trains which could hamper me depending on the times of the supporters busses.

To go straight to Dundee by train will be about £40, which I'm not paying.

Both clubs have given the game a chance of having a decent crowd so well done to them. Just need to really push it now in the local press and as Lobey D said some subsidised transport could help further. Expected them to go for £15 again but they been a little braver so I hope the fans reward the clubs by turning up and creating an atmosphere on both sides.

Barrhead.

Coming back they run through out the day but stop at 6 and there isn't another one until after 10pm.

It's the connections and gaps between trains which could hamper me depending on the times of the supporters busses.

Where have you been? There's now an hourly train service on Sundays throughout the day, bit of a bugger with buses though!

I had a really interesting chat with a friend of mine this eve who travels all round Europe taking in football matches. He uses it as a reason to travel round Europe. He is Scottish but does not have an affiliation to a Scottish side, has no axe to grind and no agenda. He was commenting on the fact that in other European countries it is abundantly clear that the matchday experience is moulded round the needs of the football fan and that as a fan you then feel part of an occasion. He used Germany as the perfect example.

In contrast he said that in Scotland it is clear that the experience of the fan has been given little or no consideration and that the difference is so pronounced that he his shocked every time he goes to a game in Scotland. Policing, Stewarding, Pricing, Facilities, transportation the whole shooting match.

When you see a Scottish Cup game scheduled for on 1.15pm in Dundee on a Sunday afternoon you can see where he is coming from. The fan is at the bottom of the food chain in this country.

Not having a go at Motherwell or Dundee Utd because in this instance the pricing is spot on, it is the scheduling which I guess would have been outwith the clubs control.

I've never been one for going to JDs or the Electric, but maybe someone from the club should miss the game and go to these pubs and see how many folk are in there, giving their hard earned cash to the boozer rather than to the Well

The club is well aware of this threat, I can assure you. It was discussed at the last AGM. Watching football in pubs is a huge threat to our game. Part of a far wider problem of course (pricing etc).

When you see a Scottish Cup game scheduled for on 1.15pmin Dundee on a Sunday afternoon you can see where he is coming from.

i don't understand this at all.

1. "in dundee" an unavoidable drawback of drawing dundee united away. it's slightly over an hours drive, plenty people do a longer commute every day.

2. 1.15. the dundee game was at the same time and there was no problem. if you want to get pished you'll be pished, if you want a pint you can get a pint. what's the difference between 1.15 and 3 on a sunday?

3. sunday, most leagues in europe split their fixtures over two days. we might lose some people who have to do other things but we'll probably pick up as many if not more people who are busy on a saturday.

Barrhead.

First train from Barrhead is 09.21, arriving Glasgow Central 09.36,

next one is 10.23 arriving 10.40.

Plenty of time to get the train to Motherwell

Return trains are hourly, 12 minutes past, last train 22.12.

Yes, its laudable that the clubs have decided to reduce the gate price but I think this is more in fear that live TV coverage will lead to nobody actually turning up and paying to watch the match - and believe me that day is getting ever and ever closer.

If this game had been on a Saturday with a 3pm KO I would be going but as its on a Sunday with a 1.15pm KO and its live on TV I won't be going.

IMO the SPL needs to tell the TV folk to gtf, stop live TV coverage all together and start working at getting the fans back into grounds again to watch games.