Remember Football Before.......

Scarecrow

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Remember going to Hampden for the home internationals before Argentina 78,having a great view in the Smeltic end ,standing on cases of beer( Not mine was only 14) which quick disappeared along with my view !

Everybody seemed to have a bottle of Pomagne with corks and cider going everywhere :O

I remember sometimes standing behind the opponents goals on sunny days and changing ends at half time before the cage was put up - seem to remember that you could still do it at some games when the cage 1st went up.

Best memory doing that was the friendly against Liverpool (my english team) with Dalglish, Rush etc that team was different class!

Yes there was a gate at the top of stairs which was locked and opened if you wanted to swop. It used to be fun watching as the crowd shifted from one end to another at half-time.

And you also could change ends by going behind the stand. Was pretty treacherous as this was also used as an additional toilet. Used to be some "exchanges of views" with the rival fans behind the stand too. Funny seeing guys trying to punch and kick each other whilst slipping down the hill.

Course you don't, you weren't there. :evilgrin:

as browny points out you can do it now if you actually want to.

i'd rather get the chance to see everyone up close during a game. surely if people were changing end you'd get fans who had never been within 80 yards of our keeper? did you never feel the urge to see joe wark from 5-10 yards away rather than from behind the far goal?

i'd rather get the chance to see everyone up close during a game. surely if people were changing end you'd get fans who had never been within 80 yards of our keeper? did you never feel the urge to see joe wark from 5-10 yards away rather than from behind the far goal?

No need to - like God Joe Wark was all around :evilgrin:

Browny :lol:

Why do I bother? :lol::lol:

• 2 weeks later...

What always brings memories of fitba' in the past(fifties and possibly early sixties) is::

Jimmy Shand's Bluebell Polka

As soon as the final whistle went it was put on the tannoy, not just at Fir Park but at other stadiums as well.

Don't know why.

:senile:

What always brings memories of fitba' in the past(fifties and possibly early sixties) is::

Jimmy Shand's Bluebell Polka

As soon as the final whistle went it was put on the tannoy, not just at Fir Park but at other stadiums as well.

Don't know why.

:senile:

You mean this bloke :cry: