Club Vs Country

Well Up For It!

143 members have voted

1. 1. Who comes first....???

• Scotland
    • Motherwell
    • Other

No contest Motherwell very time and NO WAY would anything Scotland do make up for Motherwell suffering the drop i would like to know if ones who said that remember last time Motherwell were in the old 1st div and also how long it took not just to get back up but to CONSOLIDATE in the top league?

Wee bit too young to remember us being relegated but I do remember watching France 98 thinking to myself that next time we qualify, I'll be old enough to go. I think it is the sense of unfulfillment with Scotland that keeps me hooked.

While with Motherwell, nothing will ever beat May 91 for me.

Motherwell for me all the way!

Used to go to Scotland games a few years ago in my late teens and early twenties but kind of grew out it! Love watching my country but get really bored really easily with them and have done for years! Started when we started playing all the Anglo Scots. When you don't have 11 people belting out the National anthem, when only a handful are interested to play for there country when it matters, makes me less interested!

I would give my left and right testicle for Motherwell to win the league but tbh would only maybe give my left pinkie for Scotland to win the WC.

Cant decide. Very rarely miss scotland home and away games and same gos for Motherwell. Days out with motherwell like saturday down at Stranraer and away games esp in Europe are top drawer. With Scotland the thing I love is its like a stag do with a couple of thousand of your mates. Had so many good times and seen so many amazing places with both club and country I really could choose one.

That's coz yer a bawbag tho :lol:

:lol: Cheers mate.

In all honesty though, I love the hard time the Tartan Army gets on here from a few folk at times, most of it is a load of nonsense. If folk wearing kilts is your idea of a group of wankers regardless of who they actually are or how they behave, then fair enough. But I can say without question that I have come across a higher percentage of complete arseholes in the Motherwell support than I have the Scotland support.

Aye and Jay yir a part timer.

TA Elite can pick and choose their games pal. ;)

Cant decide. Very rarely miss scotland home and away games and same gos for Motherwell. Days out with motherwell like saturday down at Stranraer and away games esp in Europe are top drawer. With Scotland the thing I love is its like a stag do with a couple of thousand of your mates. Had so many good times and seen so many amazing places with both club and country I really could choose one.

.......and at the end of the day why should you need to? I've never had to pick one over the other for anything other than in a daft hypothetical question and hopefully never will.

Nae bother Jay :lol:

Don't get me wrong as I said earlier I have went to a good few games with Scotland and I'm one of the lucky ones who went to Euros in England when I was a young lad but as Stu says it's like a Stag weekend and the boozing side of things lost the novelty after a few trips and home games! After falling asleep at Celtic Park when we beat Austria 2-0 I realised that drinking heavily then going to the game doesn't really mean that much to me or basically I couldn't remember fuck all about the actual game.

Watching Motherwell win has been with me since I went to my first game at FP in the early 80's and will be there til I die. I love watching Scitland win but wouldn't go out my way to go to the games anymore.

Nae bother Jay :lol:

Don't get me wrong as I said earlier I have went to a good few games with Scotland and I'm one of the lucky ones who went to Euros in England when I was a young lad but as Stu says it's like a Stag weekend and the boozing side of things lost the novelty after a few trips and home games! After falling asleep at Celtic Park when we beat Austria 2-0 I realised that drinking heavily then going to the game doesn't really mean that much to me or basically I couldn't remember fuck all about the actual game.

Watching Motherwell win has been with me since I went to my first game at FP in the early 80's and will be there til I die. I love watching Scitland win but wouldn't go out my way to go to the games anymore.

Oh aye, fair enough, it's not a debate. I know 'Well fans who don't have the slightest interest in the national team and I know Scotland fans who don't have the slightest interest in club football, and then there's a load in between. No one has to justify why they favour one over the other, if they even do.

Motherwell all the way for me. Ive been to a few Scotland games in the past and enjoyed it but it doesn't come anywhere near my experience following the well. I think growing up with a side which had a huge pool of Old Firm players playing in the national side made me somewhat not intrested in Scotland.

I'll never forget at 11 years old, at my first ever Scotland game, seeing James McFadden score against Holland.

Then at 15, standing outside a Glasgow pub in the pishing rain with my mates, watching as Italy killed off our Euro 2008 dream.

I get just as much pleasure seeing Scotland score as i do Motherwell, but i think they're totally different experiences.

With Motherwell i feel like im part of something because we're such a wee club in the grand scheme of things, that when we do something incredible, it feels like the whole nation (and sometimes beyond) is watching us. With last day wins against Celtic, and 6-6 draws with Hibs amongst many others, its amazing to think that the spotlight is then on us, a wee team that struggles to get 4000 home fans through the gate. I fuckin love Motherwell. Im so glad my dad showed me the light.

With Scotland, i feel like im part of something much bigger. The spotlight is no longer on me and the people from my area. As some guys quite rightly put it, youngsters like me have not fully experienced the excitement a World Cup/Euro jaunt can bring (i was only 5 at WC 98) and competitive games are few and far between. I love the way i can love Old Firm players for a day then hate them again at the weekend! If you're pulling on the dark blue and giving it your all, i will support you, even if your name's Steven Naismith, Barry Ferguson or Scott Brown!

To sum up- I LOVE MOTHERWELL AND SCOTLAND! :lol:

With Motherwell i feel like im part of something because we're such a wee club in the grand scheme of things, that when we do something incredible, it feels like the whole nation (and sometimes beyond) is watching us. With last day wins against Celtic, and 6-6 draws with Hibs amongst many others, its amazing to think that the spotlight is then on us, a wee team that struggles to get 4000 home fans through the gate. I fuckin love Motherwell. Im so glad my dad showed me the light.

Scotland for me, but as someone else said why choose anyway?

I do like how WellDone summed it up about the spotlight on us in certain games. Living in Luton, its great going into work and loads of people coming up to me after the 6-6 game and such like and just thinking how nice it is that they all look out for the 'Well's results each week.

But, as has been mentioned, Scotland pulls all the country together and gives us a feelgood factor when we get good results.

It hasn't been said but if some people say Motherwell because of how Scotland aren't as good as we used to be, it does make me wonder if those people would also turn their backs on the 'Well if we went down to the 2nd or 3rd division and stayed there for a while. It does happen, I work with a Luton supporter who, as soon at they went into the Blue Square, he basically said 'F@ck 'em' and gave up his season ticket, even though they needed their fans more than ever

I remember queueing outside Hampden to buy tickets for a Scotland game a few years back and there was a Morton fan in front of me. And he was going to have to miss Morton v Thistle in the 2nd division which was a 2nd v 1st game at the time. I think it was the home game v Italy when we drew 1-1 and Miller scored and whilst I'm lucky and I don't have a decision to make as we have always been in the SPL or equivalent since I have watched football but I doubt I'd be missing any top of the table 'Well game for a Scotland match. But my support for both is like the wording on a stick of rock but if pushed would edge for the 'Well.

Motherwell every time.

As much as i like to see Scotland doing well and enjoy games at Hampden i find it difficult to support mediocre old firm players who are picked because of the club they play for and a host of English journeymen .

That pretty somes it up for me also!