Recent Press Interviews

Steve Diggle

This isn't a pop at anybody at the club.

However.

I'm sick fed up reading about How Stuart McCall will feel playing Rangers (semi final) - How he will feel about returning to Ibrox (today). What Tom Hateley remembers about hanging about Ibrox with his da' (all the time). What Steve Jones rememembers about being in the same squad as Magic Buggerer many moons ago (today's press)

Surely there should come a time when we politely refuse to cover the question and say "We're here to talk about Motherwell so I'd rather we not cover that in the interview, thanks"

In fact personally I'd prefer we told them to "Fuck off, what the fuck relevance does that question have to MFC?". But then I appreciate that I'm bitter, twisted and partizan.

However.

I'm sick fed up reading about How Stuart McCall will feel playing Rangers (semi final) - How he will feel about returning to Ibrox (today). What Tom Hateley remembers about hanging about Ibrox with his da' (all the time). What Steve Jones rememembers about being in the same squad as Magic Buggerer many moons ago (today's press)

Surely there should come a time when we politely refuse to cover the question and say "We're here to talk about Motherwell so I'd rather we not cover that in the interview, thanks"

In fact personally I'd prefer we told them to "Fuck off, what the fuck relevance does that question have to MFC?". But then I appreciate that I'm bitter, twisted and partizan.

:P:O

However.

And correct. :P

Lazy journalism at it's best. Really would be refreshing to hear a journo ask something about Motherwell and not have to give a Rangers slant every time we go there. Or for Motherwell to tell them to get tae unless you want to ask us something actually currently relevant and not past.

I realise that there will be more questions asked and topics covered in these interviews (well you do hope don't you).

But we should realise the way these c***s work and we shouldn't give them material to put in that relates to Rangers (or anyone else for that matter) by politely declining to answer said question and giving full enthusiastic answers to any 'well related questions.

A wee bit of a rethinking our position required methinks

However.

Spot on I'm fed up with the media hacks having to change the subject to the Old Firm at every opportunity

However.

Spot On.

If anybody had the misfortune of listening to Clyde 1 yesterday, you would have been holding back the spew.

+1

Glad to see I'm not the only one who's getting every so slightly peeved by this then.

Holy fuck McCall's not even been here two months yet and I'd go so far as to say he's actually WORSE than Mark McGhee was for bumping his gums about the other half of Glasgow. At least McGhee compensated for it by being a decent manager though.

However.

Spot on Steve, it really pisses me off, and when we play Celtic it's always Randy being interviewed because he's from Ireland,

Before the semi final there was an interview with McCall and McCoist having breakfest and talking about the old days at Rangers, and thats it!

It really pisses me off that they chuck in any old firm reference just to sell the paper

I don't think anyone can be surprised about the questioning of McCall about his Ibrox days ahead of;

a) the first time he faced them as a manager

and

b) his first return to Ibrox as a manager

You don't need to be particularly media savvy to know that this is a 'hook'.

The Tom Hately thing has been done to death though.

The fact is that there isn't a great deal of media stories surrounding the Motherwell team just now. The introduction of McCall and subsequent two matches against Rangers meant that it was a no-brainer for the media regarding the Motherwell feature for these games. It probably resulted in more coverage for the team anyway.

Hopefully someone will be playing well enough in the near future to warrant a nice positive new feature.

I don't think anyone can be surprised about the questioning of McCall about his Ibrox days ahead of;

a) the first time he faced them as a manager

and

b) his first return to Ibrox as a manager

You don't need to be particularly media savvy to know that this is a 'hook'.

The Tom Hately thing has been done to death though.

The fact is that there isn't a great deal of media stories surrounding the Motherwell team just now. The introduction of McCall and subsequent two matches against Rangers meant that it was a no-brainer for the media regarding the Motherwell feature for these games. It probably resulted in more coverage for the team anyway.

Hopefully someone will be playing well enough in the near future to warrant a nice positive new feature.

The thing that confuses me is that why has the whole Jennings betting thing never been mentioned? of course im glad it doesnt but if it was either of the OF we would still never hear the end of it

The thing that confuses me is that why has the whole Jennings betting thing never been mentioned? of course im glad it doesnt but if it was either of the OF we would still never hear the end of it

I think there must be no substance in the 'rumours'

Either that or there is some kind of order in place preventing the media discussing it

I think there must be no substance in the 'rumours'

Either that or there is some kind of order in place preventing the media discussing it

Or there's nothing new to report until the investigation is complete, which it wasn't the last time I heard anything about it.