Most Shameful Display Ever

garymfc

Remember that question and let's see how many times its brought up over the coming season!!

I'm thinking more of boardroom decisions and financial stratagies.

I've always thought good leadership and planning worked better than just throwing money at something, with recent managers proving the case.

Is S.M. the man for the job? Lets ask the question, who picked him and what was the reasoning?

Has the squad enough depth or quality, who made that decision?

Players have off days and managers sometimes get tactics wrong....

IMO there's bigger questions in the background needing asked!

It would be nice to hear some information on that front but unfortunately it's all gone quiet in that department lately!!!!!

who picked him? it seems fairly obvious and the reason he got it is because he's enthusiastic and willing to work with the resources we have (which is the same reason gannon and brown got it).

is he the man for the job? we need to give him a chance to bring in players in the summer, then a judgement can be made.

as for the squad, we've extremely thin just now but in a way we've been victims of our own success. clubs down south can triple the wages of guys like o'brien, hughes, coke, reynolds and it's very difficult for us to replace with the same quality. succesive managers have chosen to bring in loan signings rather than invest the money we do have in permament players, this is going to come to a head in the summer when it's likely that the only outfield players older than 22 at the club will be craggs, lasley and hammell. this summer is huge for us.

the financial results come out next week. we'll have a better idea where we stand then.

Brown left the club as things were gonna go down hill after January and they have, they were right...

they left because they felt they couldn't do anymore at motherwell because they were at the best position they could be and were gonna go down hill.. at Aberdeen they were taking over a team that could only do better and they are doing better.. Craig and Archie made the right choice and their reasoning was correct.

Motherwell will be in a relegation battle this season and it is no fault of McCalls, the team is thread bare and McCall wasn't given the money to change that

Aberdeen well I could see a top 6 place for them, maybe even clinching 4th or 5th place... and that I would hate to see

Brown left the club as things were gonna go down hill after January and they have, they were right...

they left because they felt they couldn't do anymore at motherwell because they were at the best position they could be and were gonna go down hill.. at Aberdeen they were taking over a team that could only do better and they are doing better.. Craig and Archie made the right choice and their reasoning was correct.

Motherwell will be in a relegation battle this season and it is no fault of McCalls, the team is thread bare and McCall wasn't given the money to change that

Aberdeen well I could see a top 6 place for them, maybe even clinching 4th or 5th place... and that I would hate to see

No way will we be in a serious relegation scrap. No way will Aberdeen finish 4th.

I thought you were a bit of an eejit, thank you for confirming it. :(

who picked him? it seems fairly obvious and the reason he got it is because he's enthusiastic and willing to work with the resources we have (which is the same reason gannon and brown got it).

i agree with most of what you are saying - if we flourish and do well, we dont have the money to keep a team together, players will always be attracted to more money (even Las and Hammell -who are MFC stalwarts now)

for what we are, we always seem to do well

but McCall is working under far more contraints and restrictions then either of the two mentioned above

i also agree that this summer is huge for us - but at the same time, i certainly do not see an influx of players - so all those who love the transfer gossip - i think will be disappointed

No, they didn't. :D

Agreed, they left cos they got a big hoose and a massive great wage rise.

:lol:

Hope auld Craig and Archie settle in well to the big hoose Milne built them. Pity they didn't read the fine print of their contracts (they don't bother with them anyhow) to realise they've been placed in a nursing home for incontinent, pissy panted auld floppers.

Anyway, credit to McCall and the team for chamfering a new one up Brown's Box.