Aberdeen Vs Motherwell Discussion Thread

David

well, here we go again. for loads of reasons we need/must win at pitoddrie, league position, ex-management to get revenge on, pride i could go on!!!! it,s a pity most folk cannot manage due to distance & travelling time so i hope the hardy soles who manage to make the trip cheer our lads on, hassle the old codgers & come home with smiles on thier faces. i relly really want the 3 points to come back to lanarkshire. MON THE ,WELL

• Replies 422
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dont have far to go, which is usually a good thing, but nae looking forward to it. Can see a few days of abuse from my buddies after this game.

But i'll be there anyway, and hopefully we can get at least a point out of it. More worried about Maguire, Vernon and a returning Aluko ripping through us, as opposed to Blackman.

2-0 Sheep ;)

If anyone is up early enough for afternoon beers in the town, gie us a shout and i'll come join in as im aff work

Like many, fear the worse. A draw would be a best result we can realistically hope for I think, but it all depends on what team turns up. The one we saw at Dens and at Hampden, or the one that let Rangers walk all over us?!

It's sod's law that Blackman will score, just hope McCall can get the boys fired right up to put one over the two auld pricks!

I'd happily settle for an 11th place finish in the league right now for maximum points from our games against Aberdeen to get it right up them! Actually hate Aberdeen more than any other team in Scotland just now!!

Was sort of hoping that the game would be put back a week.

Purely selfish reason though. I am in Newcastle this week and Aberdeen next week. Even tried to get the swapped around bu no go.

Some part of me says that it might be for the best though given recent performances. Here's hoping they lads turn it around and win 2-0. It'd be nice to see Blackman get subbed because he can't cope with Crags and Hutch. ;);)

Was sort of hoping that the game would be put back a week.

Purely selfish reason though. I am in Newcastle this week and Aberdeen next week. Even tried to get the swapped around bu no go.

Some part of me says that it might be for the best though given recent performances. Here's hoping they lads turn it around and win 2-0. It'd be nice to see Blackman get subbed because he can't cope with Crags and Hutch. ;);)

Now you've said that im sure Blackman will get a hat-trick

Due to being too punch drunk with how shite we are right now, I now only see this game as another game rather than the getitrightroundthelyingauldwanksbrownandknox that it would've been previously.

If we were to face a team on a run as wretched as ours then I would be extremely apprehensive we were going to be the team to break their losing sequence. When the shoes on the other foot however, I can only see insult being added to injury.

After an absolutely humiliating capitulation on Saturday, I think we are owed a massive response from the Motherwell players tomorrow night. It remains to be seen if we will get it though.

i dont quite think we'll be in a relegation battle only for the fact that accies are worse than us though our current form is relegation material i think we picked up enough points before brown left to keep us away from the bottom.i can see us finishing 3rd bottom which will have a effect on next seasons budget as for the aberdeen game i think a draw is the best we'll get

Awwww i cant wait for Auld judas broon's interview!

"Me and Archie hold Motherwell in such high regards, they have a fantastic group of players and John has worked wonders as a chairman"

"Stuart is a great man, when he played for me for Scotland he always gave everything and he's a tough player which he has installed into a great Motherwell team"

;)

Awwww i cant wait for Auld judas broon's interview!

"Me and Archie hold Motherwell in such high regards, they have a fantastic group of players and John has worked wonders as a chairman"

"Stuart is a great man, when he played for me for Scotland he always gave everything and he's a tough player which he has installed into a great Motherwell team"

:lol:

:lol: Yip that's pretty much what you'd expect him to come out with.

i think we'll see a performance tomorrow. if nothing else you know that las and jenno will be up for it and hopefully most of the rest of them will feel they have a point or two to prove.

there's too much fuss being made about the result on saturday. if rangers had took their foot off the gas in the final half hour no one would have mentioned anything, instead you had jelavic desperate for a hat trick and healy gagging for a goal.

Up until 10am this morning, I was up for making the trip tonight, but then got flash backs to the horrendous midweek game at Tannadice not so long ago, n also Saturdays still fresh in the memory :lol: So the thought of heading up, in a potentially bitterly cold night, not getting back down the road til after midnight, with poss another dire performance/end result, rapidly lost its appeal.

Do actually fancy us to get something though :lol: Big incentives for both teams, could see a 1-1 draw.

Safe travelling to all heading up. Hopefully be coming back to Lanarkshire with a smile on yer coupons!!

BBC see suggests Hammell and Saunders could both be back. Hopefully also no ill affects from sundays games to Craigan and Lasley will see us with a slightly healthier squad to pick from.

I would like to see same XI that started again h**s in cup game if possible. Slightly cautious approach to begin but hopefully get a foothold in game and go on to get something. Provided we put in a decent showing not be to upset if we lose, but be nice to steal a win and get round those auld gits and give us reason to look forward to the weekends game somewhat!