Aberdeen Vs Motherwell Discussion Thread

David

Sweet, very sweet. Look forward to hearing from the folk who made the trip up to shittodrie.

Ok Craigie, take a sheep, grease it up, turn it sideways, and stick it straight in yer colostomy bag ya auld c**t.

Currently enjoying watching Souness getting tore into Gattuso while I wait on the goals.

• Replies 422
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How many times did broony say "I'm not making excuses" right after he made an excuse?

He also said they were unlucky that the serial killer lookalike got sent off, but later said that when hartley retaliated it was obvious he was going to get sent off.

Auld man is losing it.

Glad I wasnt the only one thinking that. He looked under a bit of pressure and was stammering and getting a bit confused. Wasnt his usual wee self.... aww the shame.

Two decent goals. The glancing header from Franny was excellent, and Murph did really well to stay on his feet and hold whoever-that-was off to get the finish in.

It looks like McCall isn't scared to change the system or use his subs (something you wouldn't see from Brown or McGhee), and it seems that Forbes did well in a 3-man midfield, something a few people on here were calling out for.

Hopefully we can use this to go on a wee run.

The inclusion of Forbes in a formation that suits him was the key. Ran the game and was our playmaker, which is something we haven't had. Jeffers and Murphy playing off of Sutton worked brilliantly too. Was impressed with Jeffers tonight on his first start and I just hope he had ran out of steam. Aberdeen offered the square root of fuck all, one team in it and the right team won.

Credit where credit's due, McCall has decided the wingers haven't been working, we looked a lot more balanced and played the game at our pace. Hutch and Hateley put in cracking perfomances too. In saying this, I did think our changes killed the game a bit, although they looked forced rather than by choice.

Great win and we will rarely be as comfortable as that at Pittodrie.

Mon the Well!

:blink:;);)

what the f*ck has everyone been moaning about? B-)

Awesome performance from some of the team, and pretty good from the rest!

absolutely terrible start, usual shambles defending and a lot of shoulder shrugging in the support almost like we expected it.

but thereafter, we showed eveything thats been getting cried out for

Fight , determination, passing the ball :nod: , teamwork, FIGHT! :ph34r: tactics even got a look in!

Ross Forbes had a fantastic game, like a new player in that role, showing some world class passing ability and a new found aggression, that dare I say it , might actually need to be tamed slightly as he was right up for it!!

Hutchinson, I firmly believe would run straight through a brick wall for his team mates, Immense!

and if Franny Jeffers continues on what he showed tonight before they started to target him, he will be a sensation for us, seemed to inspire Murph back into his stride as well

plenty of glimpses of our well known weaknesses, but if they play as a team like they did tonight in the future is would be difficult to believe anyone could criticise with any venom

just back in. superb. our first come from behind win since the 25th of october 2008!

great performances from everyone. as others have said forbes was a new man, by far his best performance in a well shirt. hateley had his best game in a long time as well, he was holding things together at the end. it was great to see how much it meant at the end of the game, theres not many things better in football than a hardy band of away fans and players celebrating a victory over their old judas manager on a freezing cold tuesday night in february.

for all the mumping and moaning on here we have a good set of players with a superb attitude. we wanted it more than aberdeen tonight and you could see it right through the team. i really hope there will be a few people feeling like diddies in a couple of months as a strong end to the season is well within our reach. there's been a lot of shite posted recently about mccall, jeffers and even some thinking craigan's injury was a good thing. the team have done us proud in europe and the league cup and we're doing well in the league and the scottish. it's time for some support.

Probably the easiest money McCall will ever collect. All the players had to do was look at who was on the home bench to give them all the motivation they needed. McCall done his job in picking the right team for the day but wouldnt think he had to hard a job motivating the players for this one. Keep that motivation & now a bit of confidence & we should be giving the Accies their long over due pumping.

So Blackman has lost interest, gets subbed maybe thinks this wisnae a good idea after all sticking wi broon...ye had a better future at Fir Park.....

think he packed it in a few weeks before he left us to be honest, going by the comments on here at the time anyway. he got what he wanted already anyhow - a new contract at Blackburn - so some of the motivation/desire/willingness has maybe left him. The Duke he aint.

our first come from behind win since the 25th of october 2008!

Bloody hell! That's an incredible stat!

First of all, enormous credit to the players and management for showing the ability to bounce back from the Ibrox debacle and show the desire, fight and character to get the win and silence their critics, of whom I have been one, although of course, like everyone else through nothing other than concern and frustation. I doubted the players would have it in them to be honest and I'm delighted to be proved wrong.

In fact, initially the win and the 3 points seemed to trump the fact that is really was/is the sweetest win we've had in a very long time.

I'd even go as far as to say that the justice and relief I feel at last nights result almost restores my faith in humanity!

It is of course the Motherwell way to then go out and lose to Accies! But hopefully the players and everyone in general will have gained a huge boost from this result and can carry it forwrad.

Tremendous result last night and a great response from the players by all account. well done to the guys who managed up to witness it as well. Uplifting probably disnae come close to what you experienced.

Delighted for Forbes - Absolutely fuckin delighted. It's the old 'boo boy target away from home' syndrome innit? No pressure from the wife beaters and a chance to get yer sleeves rolled up and show what you can do. Delighted.

Would I play him on Sat? - Dunno - the wife beaters are a real concern. Mibbez stick with a couple of away games before letting him loose at FP.

Pleased for Jeffers too - Hope he can relax and enjoy his fitba - a wee Indian Summer would be just brilliant for him.

Pleased for the players - shat on by the auld pretenders - Craig "We answered a call from Motherwell to help oot" Broon. What ye never got paid handsomely for the job you done ya auld c**t?

Pleased for McCall - well done sir. More of the same.