We're In Line For A Uefa Place Just Now........

mfcsuperwell

Believe it or not......

UEFA have just published their mid-season Fair Play table, and Scotland is in line for an extra UEFA Cup slot next season

http://www.uefa.com/multimediafiles/downlo...72_download.pdf

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/stats/fairpla...mp;&cc=5739

Need to drop Quinn if were going to win it, in saying that its 2009.....

• Replies 617
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Tbh i dont agree with Euro places given away for reasons like this much rather see a triumph at Hampden , also like to see a change in the clubs attitude if they were to qualify for Europe again kind of rankles with me when i go in the club shop and see the club still attempting to coin it from ONE tie. IT IS EMBARASSING!

Oh don't get me wrong it isn't my preferred route but its not us who write the rules and if we turn out to be beneficiaries then I'm not so proud that I would say no to a UEFA place through Fair Play.

Don't really see what the problem is with the club shop mind you though. Clearly there was a large appetite for merchandise to mark the occasion at the time but with many lines, not all of it is going to sell out. Surely better the shop make what they can from the leftover stock rather than fire it in the bin, no?

So you could potentially have all the top six in Europe.

4 gain entry automatically via league position, 5th place gains entry if 2 of the top four play in the cup final and then sixth gains entry via fair play :lol:

Edit: Could domestic referees not almost guarantee this by not dishing out cards :lol: , or is it more complex than that (didnt read whole article)

4 gain entry automatically via league position, 5th place gains entry if 2 of the top four play in the cup final and then sixth gains entry via fair play :(

The Fair Play entry does not go to the team next in the league but the next available team in our own fair play table for the SPL that hasnt qualified by any other means. Therefore, we could finish in the bottom six or even be relegated but if we are top of the Fair Play league for the SPL and Scotland gets the extra spot then we still go into Europe.

So Malcolm must never get another start, Quinn needs to start anger management classes asap and someone needs to have a word with Lasley!!!

4 gain entry automatically via league position, 5th place gains entry if 2 of the top four play in the cup final and then sixth gains entry via fair play :(

Edit: Could domestic referees not almost guarantee this by not dishing out cards :( , or is it more complex than that (didnt read whole article)

maybe that's why the ref was so lenient with the Falkirk players on sat :(

Been trying to understand the rules on this one and understand it that the top 3 countries in this years UEFA fair play award all are certain of an additional slot in the new Europa league. But, and this is where the confusion starts, only matches in UFEA competitions actually count and as Scotland have no teams left in Europe and our Internationals are in a FIFA competition - how can we score any more points???

Been trying to understand the rules on this one and understand it that the top 3 countries in this years UEFA fair play award all are certain of an additional slot in the new Europa league. But, and this is where the confusion starts, only matches in UFEA competitions actually count and as Scotland have no teams left in Europe and our Internationals are in a FIFA competition - how can we score any more points???

We can't score any more points but I'm sure other countries teams can still lose points. Not sure how it's calculated but I think it's an some kind of average (per game?) rather than a total point system.

The Fair Play assessments are made by the official UEFA delegates on criteria such as positive play, respect of the opponent, respect of the referee, behaviour of the crowd and of the team officials as well as cautions and dismissals.

I reckon the performance of every one of the 'Well fans in Nancy gained enough bonus points to ensure scotland in the running for this extra spot. It's only fair that it goes to Motherwell!! :(

but we haven't played over 25 matches in uefa competitions this season...

If we did secure European footie this way, would we not enter at the first qualifier? At least that way surely we'd have a few games against overseas opponents, which wouldn't be a bad thing if they were half as good as the Nancy trip!

Is the Intertitty cup still going? Nobody fancy a crack at that - you can sometimes land a few glamour games.

• 2 months later...

Well, if we are still in with a shout, no bookings today. Saint Mirren were lucky to just have two...bookings that is. One could well have been a straight red.

Where do I start.

The team today were very poor, now I will say that I was confused with MMG team selection as shocking.

Now I don't deem to be a football manager but the way he set out today has to be questioned, Quinn at left back (who can use his left foot apart from standing on) and Hammell at left mid (who look like a headless chicken most of the game.

I know a lot on here love Jim O'Brien but the guy can cross a football, he trains even weekday and plays on a Saturday so I sure he knows how to beat the 1st man with a cross.

MMG seems to thinks Paul Quinn is our Pele, well wake up MMG you got it wrong today and it has cost the club big time, in the final 1/3 of the park we had nothing to offer.

MMG says that his team wouldn't bottle is and Paul Quinn's words this week say the say, well I have one thing to say YOU BOTTLED IT............

I have lots more to say but can't be arsed

Where do I start.

The team today were very poor, now I will say that I was confused with MMG team selection as shocking.

Now I don't deem to be a football manager but the way he set out today has to be questioned, Quinn at left back (who can use his left foot apart from standing on) and Hammell at left mid (who look like a headless chicken most of the game.

I know a lot on here love Jim O'Brien but the guy can cross a football, he trains even weekday and plays on a Saturday so I sure he knows how to beat the 1st man with a cross.

MMG seems to thinks Paul Quinn is our Pele, well wake up MMG you got it wrong today and it has cost the club big time, in the final 1/3 of the park we had nothing to offer.

MMG says that his team wouldn't bottle is and Paul Quinn's words this week say the say, well I have one thing to say YOU BOTTLED IT............

I have lots more to say but can't be arsed

I assume you mean CAN'T or CAN NOT cause if you meant can then ur post makes no sense whatsoever!! :rolleyes::P:lol: