We're In Line For A Uefa Place Just Now........

mfcsuperwell

• Replies 617
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I seen this "23rd" thing posted on firparkcorner.com

There is no way to know where Scotland are at the moment as Uefa only post a fairplay league table in January and then in May (after the end of april finish date)

We might be 1st - we might be 25th. All speculation until its on uefa.com

This is from Uefa site

Thats last years ya numpty :lol::D

The last one to be published is already upped here somewhere and Scotland are in 3rd place with Well the team in Scotland that would have got the spot if nothing changed.

On 30th April the final table will be released by UEFA and only then will we know for sure but there is still a chance as Aberdeen and Celtic are probably still ahead of us but if they have already qualified then the spot goes to the next team in the Fair play league who hasnt qualified by any other means.

Fingers crossed eh :rolleyes:

i thought it went to the next team in the league regardless of fair play for that team? Is the fair play league not about nations, not teams? Therefore all we're doing is helping the spl get another place, not ourselves?

Feel free to tell me i'm wrong lol

i thought it went to the next team in the league regardless of fair play for that team? Is the fair play league not about nations, not teams? Therefore all we're doing is helping the spl get another place, not ourselves?

Feel free to tell me i'm wrong lol

Its the highest non qualifying team through cup and league in the nations that are top of the league so therefore if Scotland the nation get a spot then it would be us at present. Ipswich got in the year they got relegated from the Premiership and ended up playing Inter Milan (and winning the 1st leg!) when they were at the fag end of the Championship.

Its the highest non qualifying team through cup and league in the nations that are top of the league so therefore if Scotland the nation get a spot then it would be us at present. Ipswich got in the year they got relegated from the Premiership and ended up playing Inter Milan (and winning the 1st leg!) when they were at the fag end of the Championship.
Almost. Ipswich beat Inter at Portman Road, but that was after they qualified from their EPL position. It was the following season they qualified through the Fair Play when they went out in the first round proper.

From BBC website BBC

The Scottish Premier League has split in two after the first 33 games, with all clubs playing five further matches against teams in their 'half'.

Motherwell's 2-0 defeat by St Mirren on 18 April destroyed their chances of claiming the final spot in the "top six", allowing Hibernian to join Celtic, Rangers, Hearts, Aberdeen and Dundee United.

The SPL champions will go straight into the Champions League group stages next season, with the runners-up facing two qualifying rounds. Title rivals Celtic and Rangers are guaranteed to fill those two places.

Teams finishing third and fourth will qualify for the Europa League, as will the Scottish Cup winners, while there are also three additional places awarded to the three national associations which finish highest in its Respect Fair Play league standings. Norway, Denmark and Scotland were the highest-ranked associations in late January.

Each qualifying association is then entitled to put forward the highest-placed club from its own fair play standings which has not already qualified for Europe.

INTERNET LINK: Norway lead Respect Fair Play rankings (26 January)

The SPL's bottom club will be relegated to Division One.

As I understand it, Aberdeen are ahead of us anyway and I don't see them finishing fourth so why are we even interested?? It's not going to happen people, so can we all just start planning for the next season in the SPL by giving the likes ofSaunders, Page, Muprhy, McHugh and Slane a chance for to prove they're good enough for next season by giving them the next 5 games. By playing them in every game, we can't be accused of favouring any of the teams in a relegation battle...

As I understand it, Aberdeen are ahead of us anyway and I don't see them finishing fourth so why are we even interested?? It's not going to happen people, so can we all just start planning for the next season in the SPL by giving the likes ofSaunders, Page, Muprhy, McHugh and Slane a chance for to prove they're good enough for next season by giving them the next 5 games. By playing them in every game, we can't be accused of favouring any of the teams in a relegation battle...

I only hope you will be eating those words come the end of the season. :(

Although with the last report being in January I think Klimpl's Yellow card spree will affect it a wee bit.

Going by this we are 10 yellows behind Aberdeen....

from the official SPL site

Yellows

Aberdeen 51

Celtic 42

Dundee Utd 60

Falkirk 60

Hamilton 55

Hearts 48

Hibernian 61

Inverness CT 52

Kilmarnock 83

Motherwell 41

Rangers 54

St Mirren 48

REDS

Hearts 7

Hamilton 6

Falkirk 5

St Mirren 4

Rangers 4

Aberdeen 3

Inverness CT 3

Motherwell 3

Kilmarnock 2

Hibernian 2

Celtic 2

Dundee Utd 2

No no no... Aberdeen are not ahead of us on fair play... Considine got sent off against us and that killed their hopes... how could you miss that :) . We are 2nd in the fair play league behind Celtic who we dont need to worry about. St Mirren are 3rd and are 1 red and 7 yellows behind us. Surely we cant amass that many in 5 games? As long as Scotland are in the top three... Its ours.

Here it is...

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/stats/fairpla...008&cc=5739

We were third in January and they only release the standings twice a year. Although as I seem to remember reading the fair play runs from 1st May one year to 30th April next year so anything we picked up at the end of last season will count whereas this season could aready have ended on that front? Could be wrong though. Assume we're not and if we get in that way its a wee brucie bonus.