We're In Line For A Uefa Place Just Now........

mfcsuperwell

Guest 'Flow

Naw Gaag,

But getting 100 people to Moldova with a week's notice might be just as hard as trying to fit 2000 people to France (in fact, possibly even more difficult).

Preperation is the key / lesson learned :O

'Flow

• Replies 617
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Sure you guys know this but for those that don't, the draw for the 1st and 2nd round takes place on June 22nd - A full ten days before the first game... If we get into Europe then ten days isn't a whole lot of time to organise a potential trip to Kazakhstan / Faroe's / Armenia etc :D

Anyway, the Club are currently debating the best way to cope with fans demands for tickets/travel (particularly at short notice) at the moment to try and avoid the farce we seen last year (if we do indeed get in that is)....

'Flow

Not to count our chickens but good to know the club are looking ahead.

Whats the thoughts though? if we are to win it we have another 17 games on top of all the other games in a season surely we need a bigger squad :O

Naw Gaag,

But getting 100 people to Moldova with a week's notice might be just as hard as trying to fit 2000 people to France (in fact, possibly even more difficult).

Preperation is the key / lesson learned :O

'Flow

Aye good point!

So when do we find out if were in or not? After the games on Sunday?

I'm pretty sure I read that it would be Tusday or Wednesday next week before we would find out.

It would seem that it'll take until then for the SPL/SFA (or whoever it is) to decide who they want in europe and fudge the results in that direction.

I'd really love to know how that could possibly be the case. Simples today, back the team from start to finish, show the visitors the utmost respect, no bookings and attack from start to finish, and nae bugger on the pitch at the end of the game.

Match Delegate - Ally Dawson. He's been at Accies as Manager between 99 and 03, don't think we did anything to upset them then, though didn't he "assist" Brian McLair to his hat-trick in 1983? Delegate at Paisley is Alan Dick. Hopefully he's still on friendly terms with us at Fir Park..............

Apart from a mega deflating 90th minute winner from Taouil today the other score to look out for was Well 1 St Mirren 1 on bookings. Quinn's yellow was one of THE most pointless at the best of times but today was just unbelievable.

Sometimes, I think he has a wee wire loose in his nut <_>

Hopefully with the good behaviour by the well fans, lots of possession by the guys on the park and in general a healthy display (overall) disciplinary wise it should just be enough to see us get that Fair Play place.

Quinn's yellow was one of THE most pointless at the best of times but today was just unbelievable.

Sometimes, I think he has a wee wire loose in his nut <_<

Like I have said before a TOTAL liability in our team. What a complete idiot. If we miss out on Europe because of that he should be offered either the front door or a 453 week fine. His Choice.

Was seriously pissed off at Quinn today when he was booked. It was always coming, he and Taouill had been niggling away at each other for the entire match. The fact that Saint Mirren evened up the bookings means, I suspect, that whatever the position was at the start of today, it will still be that now.

For those criticising Paul Quinn, I say only this. At least he seemed bothered about the result. A bit of professional pride at stake, something others could learn. Was it an avoidable booking? Yes. Did he channel his aggression in the best way? Probably not. Do I wish more players had shown his spirit? Undoubtedly, even if it ended up costing us a European place.

The thing most people seem to be forgetting is that, there is every chance today was some supporter's first game. Do they not deserve to see the players trying? Would you come back if that had been your first game today? And the players earned the same for this week's work as they did for the first week of the season. Is it too much to ask the same commitment?

It has to be pointed out that we got ourselves into the potential European spot without being a bunch of pussies. Now it's in sight, suddenly it's no tackles allowed?? If we miss out on Europe, why not blame Klimpl (one a game) or Reynolds (I served a suspension I accrued so many cards)? I'll tell you why not, because they don't fit the bill. They're not among the usual scapegoats...

for me, it had nothing to do with his needless yellow. It was his general poor play that I think he displayed. he gave the ball away on a number of occasions and got caught napping, just like our other full back. Poor show from our defence in general today.

McLean didn't have the best of games and Craigan nearly got caught out big time, so for me it's not just about Paul Quinn, it was about the defence in general.

I just thought Quinn deserves criticism for a needless yellow. There's one thing in caring about what happens on the field of play, his just looked to me like he lost the rag in his personal battle with Taouill. Nothing to do with anythig other than that, or so it seemed. It was a stupid, pointless yellow card to concede and irrespective of who gained it, the fact remains it was stupid. I wouldn't have cared if it had been David Clarkson, Kilmpl or Quinn who was booked. It simply shouldn't have happened.

For those criticising Paul Quinn, I say only this. At least he seemed bothered about the result. A bit of professional pride at stake, something others could learn. Was it an avoidable booking? Yes. Did he channel his aggression in the best way? Probably not.

Totally agree Melvyn. Paul Quinn was far from being our worst player today and he, at least, showed some will to win. Looking back over the season its our left flank thats cost us most goals, time after time after time. If opposition managers can see it why can't we?

The defence must be rejigged for next season as we've lost far too many cheap goals. That should be our number one aim. We also need a left sided midfielder who can defend.

I just thought Quinn deserves criticism for a needless yellow. There's one thing in caring about what happens on the field of play, his just looked to me like he lost the rag in his personal battle with Taouill. Nothing to do with anythig other than that, or so it seemed. It was a stupid, pointless yellow card to concede and irrespective of who gained it, the fact remains it was stupid. I wouldn't have cared if it had been David Clarkson, Kilmpl or Quinn who was booked. It simply shouldn't have happened.

Spot on.

It was a needless yellow card, especially when he had only had a talking to minutes before it but it could've been a lot worse.

Not long after his booking he almost hauled a guy down outside the box with his arms around him. I think if the ref had to call for a free kick he may well have been off but the ball broke to a Killie player and play went on. That gave the ref a way out of not having to reach for his pocket.

I think any other game during the season he may well have walked for two silly and needless bookings. Then everybody on here would've been on criticising him for his stupidness.

I don't think yesterday was just down to the defence, alot of our players looked like they had their suitcases packed and sitting in the changing room.

If yesterdays game had been away from Fir Park I wonder how many of them would've took McGhee's offer to finish up last week.

Just revealed on P&B

"I can exclusively reveal that St. Mirren have won the SFA's Fair Play League and will be back in Europe next season. All will be revealed on Tuesday.

Congratulations to St. Mirren and hard luck Motherwell."

Oh dear, all we need, meaningless games against unknown opposition, woo hoo. :lol::D:O