Clyde 1 Super Scoreboard

prideoflanarkshire

had real radio on at six:

the opening title sequence had me reaching for the tuner

" Since 1888 Scottish football fans have only cared about one game............"

shame I was gonna give Mark Benstead a chance, but his producers set the tone for me to switch off

had real radio on at six:

the opening title sequence had me reaching for the tuner

" Since 1888 Scottish football fans have only cared about one game............"

shame I was gonna give Mark Benstead a chance, but his producers set the tone for me to switch off

I heard that as well and it was my cue to switch off. My currant bun supporting work colleagues today were asking me what half of the OF I supported. One of them even took the huff when I said I probably wouldn't even watch the OF hatefest

I heard that as well and it was my cue to switch off. My currant bun supporting work colleagues today were asking me what half of the OF I supported. One of them even took the huff when I said I probably wouldn't even watch the OF hatefest

Tell them you want the two of them to get beat,it confuses the fuck out of them.

Ditto, the CD went back on when I heard that intro.

One guy I deal with through kids fitba' didn't ask as much but said in a knowing fashion "I know you want one half to win more" to which he was promptly tellt. :huh:

When asked what your preferred outcome is, say stadium collapse.

Or say "If Celtic played Rangers in my garden, I would throw a few petrol bombs at them and then shut the curtains."

What these dicks don't realise is that Old Firm wouldn't have been that big a Derby until closer to 1910. Rangers v Queens Park though...

The truth is what hurts them the most. Nothing better than telling an Old Firm fan that to the rest of Scottish football they are two sides of the same shitty coin.

Fatcalf's (or was it Haggis') analogy from a while ago was better: Two cheeks of the same arse.

I don't understand this need for people to support, 'one or the other'. I understand in work etc you are probably more than inclined to ask "what about sunday" if you don't know what team the person supports,end of the day 9/10 people in the West of Scotland probably WILL have a preference on tommorrows result.

When someone turns round and says, " to be honest i couldn't care less because i am a Motherwell/Hamilton/St. Mirren/Airdrie/Albion Fucking Rovers fan. The next question should be," aw aye, hows you feel about your team this weekend then?" not, "aw c'mon ye must prefer one".

Pointless, yes i understand that Rangers or Celtic will have more people in Ibrox or parkhead on any given Saturday than every other Scottish football ground combined - but it doesn't mean that EVERYONE cares about them.

Big Fish always think they are the talk of the town, they believe their own hype. If you pick up a Sun Or Record(the two most purchased papers in Scotland) you wouldn't think there was anything else happening in the World as the Old Firm take up both the front and back pages.

Crazy world.

Ditto, the CD went back on when I heard that intro.

One guy I deal with through kids fitba' didn't ask as much but said in a knowing fashion "I know you want one half to win more" to which he was promptly tellt. :doh:

There's nothing more aggravating than that assumption. Relatives and schoolmates all tell me they know deep down who I want to win, and if truth be told it would probably be the exact opposite because of the years of having it rammed down my throat by those very people that I was "one of them".

One thing that pisses me off is the fact no Radio Station focuses on our Derby game,

It's either the OF or the Edinburgh one.

I know ours is the youngest but it's always a good game, a good battle as well, full of contraversial moments (sutton's penalty) crowd moments (guys get chucked out for celebrating) and manager spats( BR saying sutton dived and SM saying that it wasn't the case)

Our game was miles better than that pile of pish, it tends to piss them off anyway when you say you dont watch it cause the games shit

One thing that pisses me off is the fact no Radio Station focuses on our Derby game,

I know ours is the youngest but it's always a good game, a good battle as well, full of contraversial moments (sutton's penalty) crowd moments (guys get chucked out for celebrating) and manager spats( BR saying sutton dived and SM saying that it wasn't the case)

Our game was miles better than that pile of pish, it tends to piss them off anyway when you say you dont watch it cause the games shit

What are you actually on about?

youngest?

PLUS - It's usually utter fuckin pish!

And the comments were post match so it hardly adds tto any excitement.

What are you actually on about?

youngest?

PLUS - It's usually utter fuckin pish!

And the comments were post match so it hardly adds tto any excitement.

The youngest in the premier league

and i think it's quite good a derby i enjoy the games.

Also the penalty and the stewards throwing folk out were during the game. BR and SM commenting on the game was after i'll give you that one

The game was fucking shite.

Delighted to get the three points, but i'd love to see us giving that wee Mickey Mouse mob an absolute skelping 1 day - God knows they deserve a doing off us, every time we play them they drag us down to their level and suffocate the match, tedious, boring turgid shite - nae wonder the media dont cover it, although BBC Alba want to take a look at themselves for picking this fixture for their coverage again.

Delighted to get the three points, but i'd love to see us giving that wee Mickey Mouse mob an absolute skelping 1 day - God knows they deserve a doing off us, every time we play them they drag us down to their level and suffocate the match, tedious, boring turgid shite - nae wonder the media dont cover it, although BBC Alba want to take a look at themselves for picking this fixture for their coverage again.

Aye, there's definetely something in that. Granted I think Albion Rovers have never beaten us in a competitive fixture but both Airdrie and to a lesser extent Hamilton have got often results against us that their league position might not suggest them capable of.

All part of the challenge of the derby and being the one they all want to beat.

I remember the days when we used to hump them regularly, I even remember a 10-1 once and if memory serves Joe Wark got a hat-trick. Airdrie was always the big derby for me, playing Accies or Albion Rovers was like the OF playing Partick Thistle or Clyde. I have to say it's not a match that stirs my blood in any way at all.

Listening to BBC radio sports coverage before the game and heard Richard Gordon and his cronies prattling on about the amount of cones on the pitch for training purposes. Barely any mention of John Boyle's announcement.

Informed and intelligent coverage .... yer having a laugh.

Think Radio Scotland did go on to broadcast reaction from 'the club' over the announcement

Real Radio, however :mad:

Benstead hooked me in through twitter to listening to the show by feeding some titbits that it would be discussed as there would be reaction from the club on their show

barely even got a mention in discussions and no reaction from the club was broadcast.

these shows seem to have no realisation that they are setting the tone for the much of the negative feelings surounding Scottish football , when the have a powerful medium to set a more positive tone