All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Today
  2. Doesn’t seem as bad as first reported then.
  3. He's doubtful for ghe game according to SK
  4. Fair point, suppose he's done a job in the past for Scotland but his confidence must be shot ...give the Scotland fans someone/something else to boo
  5. Any update on Lennon Miller's injury?
  6. Have you actually seen SO’D play for the past three years? If that’s who Scotland turn to to solve their right back issues then God help them. And I love how you refer to Patterson as “The ex Ranger” rather than “the Everton player” which he has been for well over two years now. Is that all you see him as? There must be some amount of mental gymnastics involved in supporting Scotland for those who just can’t see past their hatred of Rangers.
  7. He shouldn't be in the squad, let alone starting, without regular first-team club football.
  8. It was mentioned plenty ..the guy is very rusty and won't play if hickey is fit ..
  9. Yesterday
  10. When you set up not to get beat or lose the 1st goal, it all unravels when a team does it to us
  11. Thought Brodie Spencer kept the Golden Boy quiet all night. A tactical masterclass by O'Neill on how to counter Clarkes set up.
  12. As I said in my post some players are the best fit for a position, and at Motherwell that's Kelly. Oxborough will get a game if Kelly is injured, or in a league cup group match, friendly etc the international set up should be no different but the so called "fringe players" never get a sniff with Clarke.
  13. After Patterson’s performance last night, SOD should cancel any summer holidays and prepare for a recall. The ex-R##### made more errors in each half of the game than SOD made in total in all his appearances. But haven’t heard mention of it anywhere.
  14. Whit, "missing the real point" and here was me thinking that the point of including a player in a squad or having him on the bench was that you think he is good enough to play for the team at some point. As I've said earlier Clarke constantly fills his squads with players he has no intention of playing and sticks by a core of players irrespective of how good or crap they are. Players don't develop or get better warming a bench, yes you will have a player that's the best fit for a position but the friendly matches are the time to assess the other players and Kelly, or Clark are not even getting that.
  15. I think some are missing the real point of Kelly being there completely. He's there as part of the goalkeeping team, with the sole purpose of keeping a goalkeepers 'union' in the squad. It'll take nothing short of a disaster or injury crisis for Kelly to actually play for Scotland.
  16. I forgot he played for us it was here today and gone tomorrow! I was watching the game thinking this guy looks familiar hahaha.
  17. Spencer was very good last night. I think the situation is such that he's good enough to be a starter for NI, but he isn't good enough to start in RWB ahead of Conor Bradley. I'm sure he's aware of that and is delighted to start at LWB instead.
  18. That was a poorly coached team last night. There were times when McTominay, McGinn, Christie and Dykes were all within 20 yards of each other standing still and the ball was going out to the wingbacks who were totally isolated and double teamed. Clarke has completely flopped both times that he's been in a position where he and the opposing coach have a few weeks to prepare the team. He's a dinosaur in coaching terms who was playing the same 5-4-1 system with no width that we have all seen doesn't work with Motherwell this season. It's the football equivalent of a boxer going backwards with a high guard waiting to lose on points and collect his paycheque.
  19. Sorry but for me that's pish, Clarke is too loyal to players who should have been binned long ago, or playing guys like Gunn who wanted feck all to do with Scotland and only came grovelling back when it was obvious he was getting nowhere near the England team. Now we have Shankland scoring for fun this season getting dropped after 1 game, so it's not good man management but just bad coaching.
  20. I also think its good man management by Clarke at the moment. He probably knows Kelly (or maybe Clark) isnt going to be on the plane as Gordons experience will surely be preferred. But if something happens to Gordon between now and then and he has cut one of the other keepers adrift it doesnt look great. Best to keep them all involved right now until a decision has to be made.
  21. Kellys confidence has been low of late. Getting away with Scotland is a break away from Motherwell and gives him something different to think about. He gets to train with better players, better coaches and has to compete against better keepers for his place. That all changes the mindset and should have him coming back to us in a more positive frame of mind. Whether he plays or not, he is in the Scotland international squad and his next contract will reflect that. Unlikely to be with us, but he will certainly benefit from it as opposed to not being in the squad. Clarke will judge his keepers by comparing what they do in training and by taking the advice of his goalkeeping coach. The best one gets the nod.
  22. How? If he was getting game time and international experience against better players etc then yes that would benefit him and the club. But being picked for squad after squad with no game time is beneficial to nobody. How can Clarke judge if a player is fit and ready for international football without Actually giving him a game and seeing how they cope, especially in games that don't matter.
  23. Brodie Spencer had a very good game for N.Ireland last night at LWB! Imagine playing him in that position! 😆
  24. He didnt play Clarke or Gordon either. Obviously wanted a look at all 4 keepers in training to decide who is going to the Euros. Personally think it will Be Gunn, Gordon and Clarke, but having Kelly in the Scotland squad is beneficial to him and us.
  1. Load more activity