Top 6 Fixtures....if We Make It

Pettywulliegrew-2

Exactly. Im not saying for a minute that we should or would lie down...but should the situation arise and we were to happen to lose i'd be fucking ecstatic to have secured our place in Europe for the 4th season running, and would be hoping it happens.

I couldn't give a flying fuck who wins the league...it's completely irrelevant to me, so im not bothered in the slightest about affecting or influencing the destination of the title.

Europe secured please. Ta.

• Like 1

See until St Johnstone have been beaten on Saturday I wish people would shut up about conspiracies against Celtic. And lets remember there are going to be two teams in United and Killie who will be equally desparate for Rangers to win the league!

On the back of these fixtures my reckoning will be that we will have played eight games on a Saturday at 3pm at Fir Park this season (Aberdeen x 2, St Mirren, Hamilton x 2, Dundee Utd, Inverness and Hibs). That means we will have played eleven at other times and ten of them not even on a Saturday. Granted some of these games have been shifted because of snow, our involvement in Europe and our involvement in cups but more and more I'm thinking of not getting games at times I can go. I've ended up having to miss other commitments for Wednesday games so many times this season and while I always accept we'll get some midweek games we seem to have had tonnes this time However as for the games we have got I think its pretty decent. We were always going to get one of Hearts and Killie reversed as soon as it was possible to give every one 19 homes and 19 aways and I think another trip to Edinburgh is fine.

• Like 1

How exactly is this a bonus? What part of beating Celtic so that Rangers win the league is good for Motherwell FC? Seriously explain yourself what part of that scenario is the part that makes a flying fuck of difference to Motherwell FC? Or is the bonus is that it makes YOU feel better?

Beating Celtic is ALWAYS a bonus, as was beating Rangers back in the day when that used to happen.

Why were so many Motherwell fans absolutely delighted about and still to this day talk about 'Owen Coyle day' at Ibrox in 97 when we went to Ibrox, beat them and ruined their 'NIAR' party?, or 'Skippy Sunday' of 2005 when we beat Celtic to deny them the title?

Why? Because beating Celtic, or Rangers, to a Motherwell fan IS a big thing, a bonus and something to celebrate, especially when it ruins their party or denies them the league title. That is our chance to really get it up one of the 'Old Firm' and our fans relish that sort of thing.

If we beat Celtic and deny them the league title on the final day of the season then I will be delighted about it as will I suspect the vast majority of Motherwell fans. What will it mean in the long run for Motherwell FC? Nothing, but as things stand we could yet be in a position to secure a European place should we win the Scottish Cup the following Saturday.

Beating Celtic is ALWAYS a bonus, as was beating Rangers back in the day when that used to happen.

Why were so many Motherwell fans absolutely delighted about and still to this day talk about 'Owen Coyle day' at Ibrox in 97 when we went to Ibrox, beat them and ruined their 'NIAR' party?, or 'Skippy Sunday' of 2005 when we beat Celtic to deny them the title?

Why? Because beating Celtic, or Rangers, to a Motherwell fan IS a big thing, a bonus and something to celebrate, especially when it ruins their party or denies them the league title. That is our chance to really get it up one of the 'Old Firm' and our fans relish that sort of thing.

If we beat Celtic and deny them the league title on the final day of the season then I will be delighted about it as will I suspect the vast majority of Motherwell fans. What will it mean in the long run for Motherwell FC? Nothing, but as things stand we could yet be in a position to secure a European place should we win the Scottish Cup the following Saturday.

I'd agree with that, most non-Old Firm fans love to get it up the Old Firm.

However, I would seriously question if any Motherwell fan really values beating Rangers or Celtic in a one-off game over securing European qualification for another season.

It's all very well stating the obvious that if we win the Scottish Cup we'll be in Europe, but that doesn't change the fact that if we make the final against Celtic the odds will heavily be stacked against us and the chances of us losing the game will be far greater than winning, obviously. Therefore, I really fail to see the big deal in preferring to lose another game at Celtic Park (one that means absolutely fuck all to us, apart from getting to laugh at Celtic fans if they don't win the league which, although fun at the time, I don't really look at as being a particularly big thing) in order to secure European qualification, before going into the Scottish Cup final planning to try and win both the trophy and European qualification anyway.

• Like 1

Don't get me wrong i enjoy beating the 2 scum as much as the next one but the difference is in the examples you mentioned above the results had no bearing on Motherwell but this time IF cicumstance are as stated then it has a huge bearing on Motherwell. Travelling to Hampden having already qualified for Europe would make for an even better party atmosphere for the Well fans. But as previously stated this i a discussion for after the wekkends results.

I know. Bricking it about tomorrow enough as it is, this is potentially our falling point for the cup and folk are writing off St Johnstone as if it's a foregone conclusion. The way Motherwell are, that's exactly the kind of game we'll get pumped in :wallbash:

I know. Bricking it about tomorrow enough as it is, this is potentially our falling point for the cup and folk are writing off St Johnstone as if it's a foregone conclusion. The way Motherwell are, that's exactly the kind of game we'll get pumped in :wallbash:

I don't think anyone's writing off St Johnstone as if it's a foregone conclusion.

This is a forum for discussion about football, mainly relating to Motherwell. Wherever we like it or not, the subject of potentially playing Celtic on the last day of the season needing a defeat to qualify for Europe is currently possible and relevant. Discussing it doesn't remotely mean the writing off of St Johnstone on Saturday.

I don't think anyone's writing off St Johnstone as if it's a foregone conclusion.

This is a forum for discussion about football, mainly relating to Motherwell. Wherever we like it or not, the subject of potentially playing Celtic on the last day of the season needing a defeat to qualify for Europe is currently possible and relevant. Discussing it doesn't remotely mean the writing off of St Johnstone on Saturday.

I agree and anyway whether we (the fans) right of St Johnstone or not is all irrelevant it is whether the players write them off or not. I am pretty confident that the players will not be thinking they are already in the final. Quite frankly I don't believe that McCall will let that happen.

I just don't think our players and management staff have it in their DNA to be complacent.

On the back of these fixtures my reckoning will be that we will have played eight games on a Saturday at 3pm at Fir Park this season (Aberdeen x 2, St Mirren, Hamilton x 2, Dundee Utd, Inverness and Hibs). That means we will have played eleven at other times and ten of them not even on a Saturday.

That is actually quite frightening for our game.....