Cup Final Tickets

Taff

I really don't see what the big fuss is. ST holders get first dibs. That's the same at every club.

Then the tickets go on public sale.

There will be 20,000 tickets up for grabs, surely that will be plenty.

It's a nice worry to have rather than "Oh, there's only 4,000 here the night..."

No?

Still don't really see the four per season ticket holder as being unfair. For instance, I'm the only one in our group who has one so the extra tickets I buy will be folk who'd be going anyway. I'd bet plenty of other folk are the same - 'Well fans who don't bother buying a season ticket getting an early brief because their mate has one. Granted, there'll be a few folk who'll bring friends or family who don't normally go, but not enough to stop any 'Well fan who wants a ticket being able to go.

As I said earlier, four per ST holder is fair IMO. Any less and some folk will undoubtedly have to be split up from their mates, any more and it's unfair. I'd assume the number four has been picked for a reason, not just plucked from the air.

I think some see it at as your three mates are getting special treatment because they know someone (you) who has a season ticket holder. Saying that I would be shocked if there was more than 9000 tickets sold before Ballot (really no need) or General Sale. Plenty of tickets - and if not, you'd think we'd have a "if you sell that lot here is some more pool"

On the other note, hopefully we won't see tickets on ebay or the such forcing Motherwell fans to pay over the odds for tickets - sure Scotland did something where they banned ticket louts from the SSC.

Fucksake, get a grip. We get a regular 4000 punters if we are lucky. If we are given the quoted 16000 tickets, that leaves 12,000 tickets for burds, maws, pals that don't go often etc etc. Thats the equivelant of filling fir park with unregular attendee's. Not going to happen!

Wind yer necks in, there will be plenty to go around.

PS- Im taking my burd with one of the tickets I will get from my ST!:whistling:

If it's just about people getting special treatment because they know a season ticket holder, surely the number is irrelevant?

Four is perfectly fair and there'll be about half our allocation left for the general sale which is more than enough (especially when you remember there'll be plenty of 'Well fans not in the public sale due to getting 'special treatment').

Really fail to see the issue and I reckon it's more just anxiety or worry about getting tickets, which isn't going to be a problem in the slightest anyway.

Hopefully there's an official announcement soon and we can get with the proper build up!

There's 8 of us going, two current season ticket holders, 3 lapsed season ticket holder, 2 glory hunters and my sister who is a former Claret and Amber club member and hoes to games when work and get kids allow. Is it ok if I give/get her a ticket!

Thought I would ask permission on here first. Bye the way if you say nonit wouldn't be a good idea, she's likely to hunt you down and hoof you in the haw maws.

Plus Busta I asked my mum but she doesn't want to go.

Plus I agree with Jay 4 tickets for a ST holder is more than fair.

There's 8 of us going, two current season ticket holders, 3 lapsed season ticket holder, 2 glory hunters and my sister who is a former Claret and Amber club member and hoes to games when work and get kids allow. Is it ok if I give/get her a ticket!

Thought I would ask permission on here first. Bye the way if you say nonit wouldn't be a good idea, she's likely to hunt you down and hoof you in the haw maws.

Struggling here as it isnt that clear but, who is this drivel aimed at?

I think the 4 ticket option for Season Ticket Holders is fair enough.

It encourages regular match going supporters to invite family and friends - rather than the aforementioned Celtic supporters getting their hands on them.

I seriously don't think there will be a problem with Motherwell supporters getting their hands on a ticket if they really want one. God, we only took 7,000 to the semi!

Fuck me, you paranoid! Not aimed at you just in general to the sanctimonious over righteous chat some people are spouting on this thread, as I said trying to lighten the mood in general! Chill put FFS.

Exclamation marks, sweary words, text speak and typos..........and I've to chill 'out'?:doh:

Definitely lightened the mood by the way :woop: .

There will be four ways you can purchase a ticket:

•if you become a new season ticket holder (preference sale)

Does this mean that if you're not at present a season ticket holder but you buy one for next season your guaranteeing yourself 4 tickets for the final. If that's the case can you at present buy a season ticket for next season or put the cash down for one. Oh and if its the case its a great bit of marketing.

Motherwell have been handed just 16,000 tickets for the Scottish Cup Final against Celtic next month.

The Fir Park club asked the SFA for a 50-50 split for the Hampden showpiece, but Celtic have been allocated 8000 tickets more than Stuart McCall’s side.

SFA security chiefs insist segregation issues mean it is impossible to secure an equal split, but the Steelmen are unhappy at being so heavily outnumbered.

Well chief executive Leeann Dempster said: “We’ve been offered a set figure, but it is nowhere near the 50-50 split we feel is only right and proper for a national cup final.”

I read that Leeann Dempster quote in today's Daily Mail. However, it also mentioned we are still arguing our case for more tickets, it didn't say anything in there about already being handed 16,000 tickets.

That thing about the organisers saying that they couldn't give us more tickets due to segregation problems is a pile of pish. Even if we didn't have half of the North Stand, i don't see how we couldn't be allocated a couple of sections then a gap be left. blink.gif

http://www.motherwellfc.co.uk/2011/04/26/cup-final-ticket-information/

HOW TO BUY

CURRENT 2010/11 SEASON TICEKT HOLDERS

Current 2010/11 Season Ticket holders will have priority for six days starting from Monday 2nd May 2011. A maximum of four tickets will be available at the Ticket Office and a unit in Brandon Parade* on production of special voucher C from the back of the book.

*Please refer back to the website over the next few days for more details on location and opening times of additional site.

NEW 2011/2012 SEASON TICKET HOLDERS

Any fan purchasing a season ticket for the 2011/2012 season will have the same privileges as current ticket holders i.e. the ability to purchase up to four Cup Final tickets on production of the sales receipt from the Ticket Office.

It is worth noting that an adult and two juvenile’s ticket for the Davie Cooper Stand will cost just £290 – an incredible £637 saving from what you would pay if you attended every game paying at the gate.

And new for 2011/2012, our new “WELLevate” scheme allows any adult in either the East or Phil O’Donnell Stand to claim a free juvenile ticket with any adult ticket! It’s not quite getting lifted over the turnstile, but in 2011, it’s the closest you’re going to get!

And that’s not all… In an exciting new scheme, Motherwell Season Ticket holders will benefit from a range of discounts and offers from a range of companies such as McDonalds, Pizza Hut, KFC, Subway and Livingwell, throughout Lanarkshire and beyond.

SUPPORTER BALLOT

Any remaining tickets after Saturday 7th May will go into a Supporter Ballot/General Sale. This is where Motherwell fans can register for any additional tickets that are left after the initial season ticket holder priority period.

Fans should CLICK HERE to register and the club will contact successful applications from Monday 9th May onwards.

PRICES

SOUTH STAND £35

WEST STAND: £28

WEST STAND (FAMILY): £25 / 10

•A complete section-by-section breakdown and Stadium Plan will be made available as soon as segregation and allocation details are finalised.

•The Family Section will be located in the West Stand – Sections A1 to A5.

•A Juvenile ticket in the Family Section is considered to be children aged fifteen and under. Any adult attempting to enter the Family Section without a child aged fifteen and under will be refused entry to that section.

•At the request of a number of supporters, and similar to the Semi Final, Sections B1 to B5 in the West Stand has been designated as a “Singing Section” for like-minded fans wishing to back the team in their own unique and vocal style. Please ask for this Section when purchasing tickets if you wish to sit there.

•Fans requiring disabled tickets should contact Elaine MacDonald at the club on 01698 338068 or email tickets@motherwellfc.co.uk.

I read that Leeann Dempster quote in today's Daily Mail. However, it also mentioned we are still arguing our case for more tickets, it didn't say anything in there about already being handed 16,000 tickets.

That thing about the organisers saying that they couldn't give us more tickets due to segregation problems is a pile of pish. Even if we didn't have half of the North Stand, i don't see how we couldn't be allocated a couple of sections then a gap be left. blink.gif

If segregation is the problem, how do they do it when it is an all Old Firm final?