Cup Final Tickets

Taff

I agree with you 100% rikoza, but for that to happen the SFA etc would need to stand up to them and that isn't going to happen any time soon.

we will end up with a token 12-15,000 and be treated like we should be thankful of getting that many. heaven forbid we have any plans on ruining their day and making them complain to the SFA again.

FFS.

Even if most season ticket holders take 4 - that'll be about half the tickets away and they'll by and large go to 'well fans. Like they always have done. Like for euro trips and for cup games.

I can't see the situation where a die hard well fan won't get a ticket for this game.

if yer a die hard well fan who doesn't get a ticket then you'll no have been trying hard enough.

Correct Mr Buzzcock!

I don't have a ST, but I'm sure I will somehow get a ticket for this

Also, I guess the club will offer some Hospitality packages (lunch at FP, then bus to Final)......I might spring for that that, depending what they offer

THis is MUCH bigger than the CIS final (where someone said we took 16000), so I don't see the club having a problem shifting the extra briefs

I guess almost all well fans will be on the "Database".........it does exist, right?

The biggest single problem will be keeping them c*nts out of the Well sections

Your Pal,

Howard Devoto

The Celtic season ticket holder has nothing to do with where the Motherwell allocation goes though, does he?

Missed my point I think, Dave.

I was meaning that I can undesrtand the (cellic) argument behind us getting an allocation that correlates to our regular support rather than our regular support + maws + burds.

I agree with the season ticket holders getting the first shot at the tickets but what does concern me is the number of extra tickets that they will be allowed to buy. To me, 4 seems a little over the top - season ticket holder plus 2 or 3 would be fairer.

I don't have a season ticket as I live near Gatwick, but manage to get to at least 5 games a season, work and finances permitting, so I don't see myself as a day tripping glory-hunter.

In the past I've managed to get tickets for the CIS final, the trip to Nancy and the Odense game so I don't think I'll struggle for this one, fingers crossed!

Missed my point I think, Dave.

I was meaning that I can undesrtand the (cellic) argument behind us getting an allocation that correlates to our regular support rather than our regular support + maws + burds.

Nah, it's the national cup final, so it should be split 50/50 regardless of who get's to the final.

We shouldn't be penalised for our lack of sectarian marketability.

They'll be used to going to a ballot for most cup finals as it's usually their unwashed brother that they're playing.

Of course it's difficult on an ST holder not to get a ticket - but just like it is every year in England whether it's Portsmouth, Stoke, Birmingham - whoever.

You get 50% as a default position from the FA. If you don't sell them then you can sen sections back to be offered to your opponents. But you should be given the courtesy as an equal party in the cup final event - someone who qualified via the same route as your opponent to sell 50% of the tickets to whoever the fuck you want.

If that's tough on the great unwashed - fuck 'em

I'm still of the opinion that 16K / 18K will be our tipping point rite enough. But MFC should be given the chance to market half of the allocation as a reward for their teams achievement - which is equal to the achievement of their opponents, no matter who they are.

• Like 1

I know plenty of Cellic fans that dont support Cellic because of their 'sectarian marketability'.

Listen, I'll be delighted to see 16k people in the Motherwell end hoping that the team in C&A win the trophy, but I can understand why people will be pissed off that they cant get a Cellic ticket because Motherwell have been given over 4times their core support to allow folk to take and Tom, Dick or Harry that they please.

Dont get me wrong, I fucking ahte Cellic and most of their fans and I'm giving my spare tickets to part-time 'well fans but I can see why people of a Cellic persuasion are peeved - you'd have to be a zoomer not to see their logic.

I know plenty of Cellic fans that dont support Cellic because of their 'sectarian marketability'.

Listen, I'll be delighted to see 16k people in the Motherwell end hoping that the team in C&A win the trophy, but I can understand why people will be pissed off that they cant get a Cellic ticket because Motherwell have been given over 4times their core support to allow folk to take and Tom, Dick or Harry that they please.

Dont get me wrong, I fucking ahte Cellic and most of their fans and I'm giving my spare tickets to part-time 'well fans but I can see why people of a Cellic persuasion are peeved - you'd have to be a zoomer not to see their logic.

I understand the point your making ON40Y - but one of the perks of reaching a national final must be to have a crack at selling half the tickets. MFC have earned that on the field of play. That's tough on the shitstenchers but there ye go! If we dont sell them all we can send the middle section back.

Four briefs per season ticket is pretty much spot on IMO. Any less and mates who sit together at games are going to end up split up, any more and it becomes unfair.

As posted many times before, any 'Well fans who want a ticket will get a ticket.

It's a cup final. Irrespective of how many turned up at the semi-finals, it should be a 50/50 split between the teams. If it was anyone else except Celtic (or Rangers for that matter) it would be. Just because the have a bigger core support don't mean they automatically have claims to most of the tickets. They get to at least one cup final EVERY year. Greed gets rewarded far too often.

so what we are saying here is that because you are a good team and reach the final every year the clubs fans should suffer?

people might not like it but the fact's are that celtic have some of the most loyal fans in the world.

Im fucked right off with this. 16 shitty thousand tickets.

Like already said it should be 50/50 like it is in any other country.

Celtic get to the final every fucking year or near enough.

Who give a toss if some of there fans miss out, they will get another chance next year. When will we get another chance?

If 16,000 is true i fear there will be some very disappointed well fans because of the sfa inability to do anything straightforward and simple.

At Least give us a chance FFS.

15k is more than we can get into Fir Park, Steelboy

aye but it's the fact that 3/4s of their support disapeared due to a bad season.

anyway the cup final isn't about giving fans a day out it's about an even contest at a neutral venue. that's why we should have the option of 50/50.

we better not all be stuck behind the goals.

15k is more than we can get into Fir Park, Steelboy

The point is though that it should be a default convention on tickets irrelevant of who has qualified.

The size of the regular support is not important. Man City have a bigger capacity than Stoke. Will they get less tickets for the final? No it'll be 50 / 50 - what about Portsmouth last year?

Giving them more tickets because they are a bigger team only perpetuates the imbalance. These two fuckers are big because of the religious divide. They expect more revenue than the rest in general due to it (TV etc) and they expect more tickets at Hampden due to it.

Vocal support is a factor in the motivation of the teams ina game. We should get 50% allocation (initially) because we earned it. They don't deserve 60 / 70% because they're the big Glasgow tim club (likewise with if it were the big Glasgow h*n club).

You get to a final - you get half the gate to start with.

They're players didn't play 50% better than our guys and they earned exactly the same prize - a place in the final.

They deserve the opportunity to have the same amount of supporters if that's possible to do.

• Like 1