Celtic V Motherwell (League)

Davie boy

Sunday isn't about resting our top players, its about protecting them from injury or possible suspension, so its perfectly prudent to ensure we go into next Saturday's Cup Final with everyone available to us. Its not our concern who wins the league, or indeed to make it more difficult for Shellic in Sunday. We have to look ahead another week and put ourselves first. Fuck all this integrity shite, send out the reserves!

This would be my team:

Hollis

Saunders (needs some game time)

Page

Gunning

Ross

Carswell

Forbes

Pollock

Humphrey (see comment for Saunders)

Casagolda

Jones

Subs: Bradley, Jeffers, McHugh, Smith, Meechan....plus two u19 defenders!

The result don't matter, as avoiding any injuries is the most important thing. However, if we can grab a goal and avoid a pumping I'll be chuffed! Mon the Well!!

What ever team gets the nod for Sunday, its important to at least put a little bit of a fight up, Celtic will be very nervous and Motherwell who will be full of youngsters will have nothing to lose, the longer the game goes on without a goal the tighter it will become, the game being live on TV, will make a real difference, Jones will deffo start as he has been released by Walsall, so come the summer he will be out of contract and without a club, hence one of his better run outs last night.

What channel is the game on, cannae see it listed anywhere !

I think we can take advantage of the nervousness Celtic will show tomorrow. After all, we've nothing to prove and the longer we keep it to 0 the better. Indeed, it'd be interesting if Kilmarnock actually made a game of it tomorrow and, with 10 minutes left, both games were level.

Does SS4 red button mean you can't get it on Virgin Media. Can't disagree with Yir's team much. I'd go

Hollis

Page Saunders Gunning Ross

Jones Carswell Forbes Pollock

McHugh Casagolda

Subs: Bradley, Meechan, Smith, Hateley, Hutchinson, Humphrey, Jeffers.

Would bring Humphrey on for a bit in the second half but wouldn't give him a full game.

It would appear that even Sky are biased against Celtic as well;

Meanwhile, Celtic fans claim their clash against Motherwell has been snubbed by Sky Sports.

They're furious that their showdown has been relegated to the broadcaster's red button service on Sky Sports 4 while the Rangers game will be shown live.

The move means Virgin Media customers won't be able to watch the game.

Celtic fan Patrick Kerr, 28, of Paisley said: "Both games are equally important Sky should show both matches on different channels."

:laugh:

I have resigned myself to a defeat today and will be happy with that if Rangers lose/ draw and we get the Euro spot but I don't think there will be the sweeping changes suggested by some.

A defeat is one thing but a heavy defeat (5 +) not only potentially knocks the confidence for next weekend but could also set back some of the young players in the team. Putting young lads like Carswell to the slaughter is not a good move regardless of circumstance.

I agree with Saunders and Humphrey playing but I still think we need a few experienced heads in the team. I think Jenno needs match sharpness so expect him to play and I would not be surprised if one of Lasley/ Craigan also plays despite the desire to rest them.

If we get away with a 1-0, 2-0 defeat that will do.

Couldn't care less about the result, from our point of view this is all about resting players who need it, giving game time to players who need it, and booting fuck out of Celtic players who need it.

Only realised last night it's not on Virgin Media so I'll probably head to the boozer for it.

10(ten) - 0 Celtic against our rookie keeper and shaky defence whilst Rangers draw 1-1 at Kilmarnock, Celtic take the title, we qualify for Europe again but are left demoralised by yet another serious hammering.

:laugh: Aw come on, even you don't seriously believe that!

Today's team - Motherwell XI: Hollis, Saunders, Hammell, Hutchinson, Gunning, Carswell, Hateley, Forbes, Jones, Humphrey, Jeffers

Subs: Randolph, Jennings, Murphy, McHugh, Page, Casagolda, Pollock

10(ten) - 0 Celtic against our rookie keeper and shaky defence whilst Rangers draw 1-1 at Kilmarnock, Celtic take the title, we qualify for Europe again but are left demoralised by yet another serious hammering.

Fine by me, as long as we turn them over in the rematch and lift the cup!