Celtic Vs Motherwell

Dave87

Hateley had the balls to step up for it I'll give him that. I hope it was more 'senority' than Ojamaa not fancying it that helped that decision. Either way Henrik/Higdon for the rest of the season. In that order. Higdon has missed two by my reckoning. Hardly a shite record but thr good thing about Ojamaa is no SPL keeper knows his 'favourite' side etc. yet.

i've got the one in the cup replay down as a langfield og but that might just be me being harsh....:whistling:

for whatever reason players don't seem as willing to get their head over the ball and put their laces through it these days.

i've got the one in the cup replay down as a langfield og but that might just be me being harsh....:whistling:

for whatever reason players don't seem as willing to get their head over the ball and put their laces through it these days.

That was a poor penalty. Thankfully Clangers was on hand to balls it up.

Aberdeen in Cup last season and Hibs at home this season are the two I renember Higdon missing.

Le Tissier scored 47/48? Wow. Very good record.

The best penalty I've ever seen by a Motherwell player still remains the one by James McFadden against Livingston in the 6-2 win on the last day of 02/03 when he made a complete and utter c*nt of Alan Main by strolling up casually and chipping it. That was all after Main had tried his best to put him off by mouthing off to him as he was putting the ball on the spot.

AM I in the minority here. I don't think it was such a great save. He guessed the right side that was all.

When did the rules change, as far as I was aware (no doubt I will be corrected).

The goalkeeper must remain perfectly still on the goal line until the ball is kicked. If he moves and saves it then the kick is retaken.

Forster takes a large step forward and too the side thus cutting down the angle just before the kick is taken.

I have noticed that goalkeepers seem to be getting away with this more and more.

I'm not too sure but I think that a Celtic player was encroaching(lovely word that) into the penalty area on the far side which would also mean that the kick would have to be retaken.

;) ;)

Rule was changed a few years ago. You are allowed to move on the line, side to side, provided you don't encroach the taker. Definitely helps the keeper IMO

The best penalty I've ever seen by a Motherwell player still remains the one by James McFadden against Livingston in the 6-2 win on the last day of 02/03 when he made a complete and utter c*nt of Alan Main by strolling up casually and chipping it. That was all after Main had tried his best to put him off by mouthing off to him as he was putting the ball on the spot.

If the keeper had stayed put tho ? Same as pirlo penalty at the world cup ?