Motherwell V Celtic 6/12/13

SteelmaninOZ

Cryptic

What's the elephant that folk aren't talking about?

What's cryptic!

Some on here are talking about the next few games going the kick start our season. What planet are they on?

The season is over and if we're lucky, we'll end up in 6th. If not lower.

We've got a slow and hugely imbalanced team due to the players who have came in this season and it was highlighted by quite a few folk early on in the season.

However, as much as I liked S.M. as a player and the way he communicates with the support, IMO he lacks the guile to be able to shape the players at his disposal. To compound everything else, the cup shambles leaves us with less finances and we know the implications that go with that.

So, in summary, as good a job S.M. has done over his previous seasons, I just can't see him being able to recover this situation.

No mouth foaming here, just seeing the bleeding obvious.

If McCall kicks their arse & sends then out with a rocket up their arse and then the players proceed to go out & not try a leg and play with zero confidence how is that the manager's fault? What else can he do? He can't threaten to drop them as we have no one to replace them with. However what McCall has to do is work on his tactics and ffs after all this time please get a plan B for when plan A inevitably goes out the window when the opposition score. He got away with it previously as the team had the pace that worried other teams so plan A was generally good enough.

I said away back at the Euro games the writing was on the wall when the team was crying out for someone with pace and McCall signed Lawson :doh:

Lazy arsed players with no confidence and a manager with the tactical ability of a haddock is going to make for a long season.

Just for the record i like McCall but i have never rated his ability to change a game when plan A is out and his insistence of playing players out of position so he can use his favourite 11 is insane. And don't get me started on his substitutions or lack thereof.

I'd say there is plenty to play for. A place in the top 6 is an absolute must and that has to be the aim. We have an 8 point advantage over Hibs in 7th and we must look to keep the gap between ourselves and 7th as wide as possible.

Is there that much of a difference? Looking a the top 6 last year I'd say we might have got as much in cash at the gate revenue as we did in the bottom 6 as we did in the top 6. Live TV games are pooled are they not? So we don't get that benefit either. Prize money wasn't so great either with the changes voted through. I still hate that split and I certainly feel there's not much point striving for it apart from kudos. Financial incentives are draining gradually unless the big city clubs get their act together and bring decent away supports again.

Agree with Frazzie about the split. Gives us a wee bit of excitement and something to aim for.

Excitement? Haud me back :rolleyes:

Like I said are the rewards that much to get worked up over? We all want the team to do as well as possible but qualifying for the top 6 has never been an ambition I have longed for to be honest.

Potential European qualification, better prize money and better gate receipts to name a few. I'd rather be playing the best 5 teams in the league than the likes of Kilmarnock & St Mirren again. It's fairly obvious that from a £££ point of view being in the top six is more rewarding.

From an 'excitement' point of view it's obviously not edge-of-your-seat stuff, but if we're 8th in the league with 7 games to play it gives us something to aim for rather than seeing out the season...

Potential European qualification, better prize money and better gate receipts to name a few. I'd rather be playing the best 5 teams in the league than the likes of Kilmarnock & St Mirren again. It's fairly obvious that from a £££ point of view being in the top six is more rewarding.

From an 'excitement' point of view it's obviously not edge-of-your-seat stuff, but if we're 8th in the league with 7 games to play it gives us something to aim for rather than seeing out the season...

LIke last year when we'd probably have got bigger attendances in the bottom 6 considering the teams down there?

Better prize money aye, not a lot but better. Just not a prize to bust a gut for IMO, higher league placings goes without saying but this whole split thing still does ma nut in. Utter shite.

No it's not we could end up with home games against Inverness and St Johnstone in the top six against home games against Hearts and Hibs in the bottom six. So it still depends on some degree of luck of the draw.

The only way it is more rewarding is if you get Celtic at home in the top 6.