Motherwell V St Mirren 21/12/13

SteelmaninOZ

Vigurs ball for Aniers second was tremendous. More or less put it on Henri's laces.

I'm so glad he did deliver something, getting very frustrated at his lazy approach to almost every movement he makes.

very frustrating if you get the chance to watch him closely, very capable footballer, but so lackadaisical more often than not, often loses possession or puts others in trouble, barely puts the effort in to chase or block, even when Ainsworth went off, he had to be pushed into going over to take the corner.

maybe hes run down or something, but jeez once it was pointed out to me its hugely frustrating to watch, especially when we know he can deliver

To his credit, I actually thought he had a pretty decent game on Saturday. I'm not saying he's at the level of which he's capable, but I thought he was more effective and a bit more involved than he has been at other times this season. He also played a few fantastic passes out to Ainsworth, completely cutting out the defence. We've been missing a decent option more often than not, and if Ainsworth stays, and can keep putting in a similar level of movement to Saturday, we may find that Vigurs starts becoming more productive if we have a genuine out-ball.

To his credit, I actually thought he had a pretty decent game on Saturday. I'm not saying he's at the level of which he's capable, but I thought he was more effective and a bit more involved than he has been at other times this season. He also played a few fantastic passes out to Ainsworth, completely cutting out the defence. We've been missing a decent option more often than not, and if Ainsworth stays, and can keep putting in a similar level of movement to Saturday, we may find that Vigurs starts becoming more productive if we have a genuine out-ball.

This is a fair point. In the matches I've seen this season the player on the ball hasn't had many options as an outlet. The most frustrating element of the early part of the season for me was young ZFA struggling to recognise the space and gaps around him. This meant our midfield struggled to make a forward pass to him at times. You could hypothesise that even if he did move into the spaces, would the midfield have had the vision to see the pass. But giving options at least helps move things forward. If Ainsworth does hit form it will be interesting to see how Vigurs performs as a creative midfielder.

Kello is certainly one of the stand outs in what is a dreadful St.Mirren team and he would be a good addition to our squad.

From what I've seen of him playing against us for Hearts when he was there, he certainly doesn't look any worse than what we've already got.