'fishel Photies For Sale

numpty

Was just gonna post a new thread about this too.

While I agree it is a good idea, the pricing structure is way off - £5 small print pic. I would have like to have seen a download to computer option for the pictures, as personally i'd only use any of these pics as a desktop background. Would happily pay up to £1 for that priveledge.

Wonder how this has come about - obviously a tie in with our new photographers, etc.

Out of interest, if any supporter is featured in a given picture and the club are making a profit from selling their image, surely the person is due some sort of royality, etc? Not that any Well fans would take advantage of that (well, maybe), but to charge over the top prices isn't fair.

Thoughts?

Think it's a good idea for the extra cash etc.

Agree about maybe paying to download for pc background or whatever - something I suppose they can look into considering it's just starting.

Only thing about the fans in the pictures...not that any would I suppose, but could they object to them being in them and being sold?

Was just gonna post a new thread about this too.

While I agree it is a good idea, the pricing structure is way off - £5 small print pic. I would have like to have seen a download to computer option for the pictures, as personally i'd only use any of these pics as a desktop background. Would happily pay up to £1 for that priveledge.

Wonder how this has come about - obviously a tie in with our new photographers, etc.

Out of interest, if any supporter is featured in a given picture and the club are making a profit from selling their image, surely the person is due some sort of royality, etc? Not that any Well fans would take advantage of that (well, maybe), but to charge over the top prices isn't fair.

Thoughts?

Unfortunately not, the person wouldnt be entitled to any sort of royalty.

With regards to the desktop backgrounds, i'm not sure how that would work with SNS taking most of the photographs but i'm going to speak to Flow to see if there is a chance some of the pics i have been taking for the club could end up on this site available for download, i'd be delighted for a copy or two to be sold. Only problem i see is one person downloading it and then sending it out to all their mates free of charge.

Unfortunately not, the person wouldnt be entitled to any sort of royalty.

With regards to the desktop backgrounds, i'm not sure how that would work with SNS taking most of the photographs but i'm going to speak to Flow to see if there is a chance some of the pics i have been taking for the club could end up on this site available for download, i'd be delighted for a copy or two to be sold. Only problem i see is one person downloading it and then sending it out to all their mates free of charge.

Point taken Bop. Mayb the watermark could be moved to a corner, etc and all downloadable images will contain said watermark to stop people printing it and ripping off the photographers?

Still think the price for pictures is a bit dear to be honest, but at least the club will benefit - I'm assuming they do. Would be nice to see some exapmples in Club Shop, maybe at a cheeper rate to comabt this. For example, print out the five most popular at a larger size and sell them in the shop with a 20% discount?

Can you clear up what Sarah said about people featuring in pictures?

I'm not sure how these things work normally

but from looking and registering it seems the smallest 8x6 image of Phil @ £4.89 then requires £1.72 postage added meaning £6.61, seems a lot and probably too much for me to be making frequent purchases

HOWEVER:

the exact same image on SNSPIX costs £8.31 + £1.72= £10.03 :whistling:

I think the sites are operated by the same company so it seems 'Well fans are getting a preferential rate, Is it good value? well that down to the individual

I was ready to order a bundle but it'll now be a selected few when they become available :thumbup:

I'm not sure how these things work normally

but from looking and registering it seems the smallest 8x6 image of Phil @ £4.89 then requires £1.72 postage added meaning £6.61, seems a lot and probably too much for me to be making frequent purchases

HOWEVER:

the exact same image on SNSPIX costs £8.31 + £1.72= £10.03 :whistling:

I think the sites are operated by the same company so it seems 'Well fans are getting a preferential rate, Is it good value? well that down to the individual

I was ready to order a bundle but it'll now be a selected few when they become available :thumbup:

Do you think that maybe SNSPIX aren't getting what the expected out of the club when they signed the contarct at the start of the year, hence offering this deal?

Even with the discount for Well fans, more than £6 for a small picture it is not feasible in the slightest.

Point taken Bop. Mayb the watermark could be moved to a corner, etc and all downloadable images will contain said watermark to stop people printing it and ripping off the photographers?

Still think the price for pictures is a bit dear to be honest, but at least the club will benefit - I'm assuming they do. Would be nice to see some exapmples in Club Shop, maybe at a cheeper rate to comabt this. For example, print out the five most popular at a larger size and sell them in the shop with a 20% discount?

Can you clear up what Sarah said about people featuring in pictures?

I dont want to comment specifically about this website as officially i'm absolutely nothing to do with it, dont want to sound like i'm making myself out to be a part of it when i'm not.

But, i THINK there is something on the back of match tickets or in small print somewhere inside the ground saying that photographers are present and by being there you give your consent to be in the photographs. I remember Man Utd fans kicking up fuss about being in a nike advert without consent and nike got away with it because they had wee signs down the front of the stand saying something along the lines of "Nike Advert filming in progress, if you object to being filmed please leave the premesis".

Yeah I know what you mean. I can't see anything on my season ticket though - only mentions not taking any photographic equipment into the ground/match. Nothing about photos being taken of supporters. I'm not bothered by this at all, just wondered how it worked that was all.