Game Show Night

Motherwell Football Club

Absolutely great night. I was totally blotto by the end up. Here's to many more like it.

Frazzle

PS - To whichever mod changed my post, just be mindful that not everyone is as good natured as myself and you could end up getting yourself into bother. As it was, the evening was probe-free, mores the pity!

...the evening was probe-free, mores the pity!

Are ye sure? Coz I feel as though I've been well probed!

Great night, but in pieces today... Was well blootered last night. I can at least take some comfort from the fact that Crazy Diamond might not make it out her bed the day! :lol:

Was quite a good night although I felt it deserved a better turnout. Maybe if they plan a similar event again positive feedback will filter through to the folk who missed it and the next one will be even busier? It's good for the club to organise these things but we all need to turn up an support these ventures.

Highlight of the night for me was speaking to Mark McGhee who was thoroughly decent and appeared to not mind having a brief chat which was really nice of him and he didn't have to do that. He said him and the players will be pretty annoyed if we don't make Europe, and I added that no-one expects this really but it's great that they feel that is their goal. I also felt the attendance of the management team lent the whole event a lot of credibility. Spoke to Scott Leitch aswell and he certainly was not afraid to speak his mind regarding referees! Magic!

A pity Rab McKinnon and Brain Martin weren't there as advertised but hey ho..

I know it was just a bit of a laugh but folk shouting out the answers during the fans quiz part would have seriously pissed me off if it had been more than free entry to the Mega Bar at stake!

Was quite a good night although I felt it deserved a better turnout. Maybe if they plan a similar event again positive feedback will filter through to the folk who missed it and the next one will be even busier? It's good for the club to organise these things but we all need to turn up an support these ventures.

Glad it went well and I do hope its the first of many succesful events.

In days gone by I would have been right up for an event like this. Done my share of quiz nights, race nights, POY dances and the like over a good many years but there comes a time when you need to prioritise.

Do you go to a night like last night or do you keep the money and hope to go to a forthcoming away game? That was my dilemma.

Just worth pointing out that a failure to attend is not necessarily apathy, a lack of interest or a shunning of a club event. Just sometimes you can't do all you might necessarily want to.

That's a fair point, Andy. What I would say is that, maybe guys like yourself reading the good feedback might decide to go to the next one and give the away game a miss. I certainly can't remember the last time I enjoyed an away game as much as I enjoyed last night. It is a shame that it had to be a midweek event though - like our do in the Civic last year - because I am nursing a shocking hangover today.

Frazzle

Unfortunately the only place to have something at weekends is at the ground, and the facilities there just aren't up to something like last night, not to mention the expertise provided by the folk at the Mega Bar. That said, future nights might follow a different format therefore one of the suites 'up by' could be suitable but for now big hats off to Diane for all her work and Mark at the Mega Bar who I believe pulled it all together. There will be others obviously but I dealt with those two directly and saw first hand how hard they worked to make it the sucess it turned out to be.

Glad it was a good night and I'm gutted I couldn't be there.

Surely someone must have some interesting stories that they could post up for the non-attendees like myself to get a good laugh at! Were Tam Cowan and Johnny Gahagan in top form? Did Mr Anchorman make a tit of himself?

Anyway, sounds as though it was a top night and hopefully I'll be able to get to the next one. :P

Echo what's already been said - cracking night with Tam Cowan in fine form :P enjoyed the players 'Question of Sport' and Johnny Gahagan was superb :P - great value for a tenner and already looking forward to the next one.

Big thumbs up to Diane et al for a well thought out night.

MON RA DOSSERS

Glad it was a good night and I'm gutted I couldn't be there.

Surely someone must have some interesting stories that they could post up for the non-attendees like myself to get a good laugh at! Were Tam Cowan and Johnny Gahagan in top form? Did Mr Anchorman make a tit of himself?

Anyway, sounds as though it was a top night and hopefully I'll be able to get to the next one. :P

No, you see that's why folk paid their tenner so we're keeping them all to ourselves. :P:P

Cannae get to the Mega Bar when you're stuck in the middle of the North Sea!

Gonny just tell us summin big man? :P

Here's yin tae go on wi', Anchorman wis asked tae go no the panel for the 2nd half but shat it, had tae send an ABP (a big polisman) in his place but he didnae get picked onyways. :P

Here's yin tae go on wi', Anchorman wis asked tae go no the panel for the 2nd half but shat it, had tae send an ABP (a big polisman) in his place but he didnae get picked onyways. :P

:P

What did they have to do on the panel? If it was just to put on a big grin and look stupid he would've walked it!

Great night and I have to say, Tam Cowan was the absolute bomb last night, he was brilliant. Unforseen circumstances threw things a bit but Tam was so good you'd never have noticed, a true professional. What a guy to have on your team!!

Time he had a testimonial..

John Gahagan was magic and it was great to see the night supported by Mark McGhee and the boys as well as top Well legends like Joe Wark, Kirky, Dougaaay and Ancel Babes Wullie McSeveney and Billy Reid face to face with the fans. Mega Bar did us proud an' all.

Biggest hangover EVER the day and that's official. Mortified. :P

Shine on..

A very enjoyable Wednesday night in the company of a few hundred Dossers. My first time in Mega Bar and I am sure the theme was different for the staff also. Well worth building on the success for something similar in future.

If any of winning fans quiz team post on here can you PM me please.