Celtic V Motherwell Sun 15 May 12:30

Yabba's Turd

0-7 is going to hang round our necks now until next August.

I wish I could be in that dressing room right now.

The team today shamed the club, the supporters and themselves. Hopefully someone gives them a mighty kick up the arse before they jet off on their holidays and remind them that guys like me that put my money in their pockets can't afford to go on holidays.

• Like 1

I find myself strangely relieved that the rout stopped at 7. I've seen the shittiest of shitey motherwell teams manage to keep it respectable at Parkhead. Buck stops with McGhee and senior players (and there were enough of them in the team, especially the "spine" today) for this humiliation.

As I said, I wouldn't be tearing up trees to keep McManus, never liked or rated him, and it's just a pity Ainsworth and Pearson have another year left on their contract also.

Unprofessional performance by a group of players who couldn't be arsed. They played in flip-flops today.

Riid Neck!!

end of another rotten season....bring on further misery for 2016/17

Finishing 5th is hardly a rotten season. A rotten season is what we had last season. A rotten season is what United and Killie have had.

Going forward 5th will probably be as good as it gets!

Sore one today and a few players need a reality check. Beaten by a better team that were well up for it.

Disappointing that a youngster like Watt did not give the impression he cared or the impression he tried.

0-7 is going to hang round our necks now until next August.

I wish I could be in that dressing room right now.

The team today shamed the club, the supporters and themselves. Hopefully someone gives them a mighty kick up the arse before they jet off on their holidays and remind them that guys like me that put my money in their pockets can't afford to go on holidays.

Spot on the money

Brutal stuff but seen it all before too many times,lost my desire to go to games a few seasons ago will now pick and choose next season instead of season ticket. Only game I've enjoyed going to was youth final this season,people constantly on about hammel and Lasley being to old take them out no replacements at all too many players just not good enough. This is no reaction to today's guff as I've said seen it all before unfortunately

Finishing 5th is hardly a rotten season. A rotten season is what we had last season. A rotten season is what United and Killie have had.

Going forward 5th will probably be as good as it gets!

Sore one today and a few players need a reality check. Beaten by a better team that were well up for it.

Disappointing that a youngster like Watt did not give the impression he cared or the impression he tried.

The annoying thing is we have actually had a pretty decent 2nd half of the season but this was the last match and there is nowhere to go now. It can't be made up next week. I think reasonable fans will accept honest mistakes, being beaten by a better team or even periods of bad form if you have something in the bank but the one thing that can't be tolerated is a lack of basic professionalism.

As for Watt, if you are a youngster and you get a chance you need to absolutely bust a gut and take it. Cadden is the perfect example, he's got a lot to learn in the game and lot of areas where he can improve but he gives you everything, every time. It was as if every rumour, every thing you'd heard about this guy came true on the pitch today. See you later, Liam.

Holy fuck. a rout against Celtic and Lasley is fucking Jesus!

Keith Lasley WAS a fantastic player for us,he is finished now,he was never fast but watching him amble around the midfield like a geriatric headless chicken is painful. His tackling is awful and getting worse the older and slower he gets, His passing is terrible as well and how many stupid pens has he cost us the last 18 months?

Ya Bezzer is right, we are shocking without Lasley but that is less to do with the player and all to do with the manager refusing to put in place a succession plan. We have Las & Pearo, then NOTHING! Gomis is shit,Leitch is worse! We have neglected our centre midfield for years. We cant afford to do it again this summer.

Lasley was a great player and a loyal servant. Id like to see him retained as a coach but thats it! We need to get rid of Leitch,Las & Gomis and bring in 3 young mobile midfielders to give us a platform from which to build

• Like 2

Keith Lasley WAS a fantastic player for us,he is finished now,he was never fast but watching him amble around the midfield like a geriatric headless chicken is painful. His tackling is awful and getting worse the older and slower he gets, His passing is terrible as well and how many stupid pens has he cost us the last 18 months?

Ya Bezzer is right, we are shocking without Lasley but that is less to do with the player and all to do with the manager refusing to put in place a succession plan. We have Las & Pearo, then NOTHING! Gomis is shit,Leitch is worse! We have neglected our centre midfield for years. We cant afford to do it again this summer.

Lasley was a great player and a loyal servant. Id like to see him retained as a coach but thats it! We need to get rid of Leitch,Las & Gomis and bring in 3 young mobile midfielders to give us a platform from which to build

Gomis is only on loan, so, y'know...

Correct.

But I bet McGhee will be saying to himself that Lasley would have stopped that rout if here were on the park.

I think not.

Too many fans are deluding themselves - we had a miracle run after months of painful embarrassment - and after a year of embarrassment the year before. The "spine," of our team, as some would have it, is broken - and has been for a while.

Once again - we are giving contracts to five players who are past it or of next to zero value to the team on the park. Time to wake up, or we will be relegated next season.

You again?

What happens will happen and all the wailing and gnashing of teeth won't make the slightest bit of difference.

The season has - literally - just finished, and we've somehow managed to dig out a top six finish, which is no mean feat considering the gloom we all felt around August/September time when the Baraclough Curse was showing itself again.

We've made contract offers for players who clearly have the experience necessary to help develop the raw but clearly talented younger players we have coming through. I've no doubt that this will be augmented by signings elsewhere - bear in mind that there's no guarantee any of the existing folk will re-sign - and I'm far more comfortable about McGhee's potential transfer dealings than our previous manager.

Today was abysmal, but ultimately, does it matter? The hard work will be done over the next couple of months and I think we're kidding ourselves if we think the team that started today - in mindset of nothing else - will be similar to that we'll see next season.

Relegation is a long way off, but please, don't let me stop your rantings.

• Like 1

You again?

What happens will happen and all the wailing and gnashing of teeth won't make the slightest bit of difference.

The season has - literally - just finished, and we've somehow managed to dig out a top six finish, which is no mean feat considering the gloom we all felt around August/September time when the Baraclough Curse was showing itself again.

We've made contract offers for players who clearly have the experience necessary to help develop the raw but clearly talented younger players we have coming through. I've no doubt that this will be augmented by signings elsewhere - bear in mind that there's no guarantee any of the existing folk will re-sign - and I'm far more comfortable about McGhee's potential transfer dealings than our previous manager.

Today was abysmal, but ultimately, does it matter? The hard work will be done over the next couple of months and I think we're kidding ourselves if we think the team that started today - in mindset of nothing else - will be similar to that we'll see next season.

Relegation is a long way off, but please, don't let me stop your rantings.

A prime example of the delusion I'm talking about.

We we're almost down last year, and three months ago we were looking at the same scenario, play off place.

Today only proves the absolute folly of going into next season with the current squad.

Dire - dreadful - and that has been the pattern for two years.

I've seen worse Motherwell teams put up far better showings in there but by the same taken I've went in there to see better Motherwell teams than this come out with heavy defeats that but for the grace of God could easily have been as bad an outcome as today.

It's horrible, it's embarrassing and we'll get it tight for a bit......but ultimately it will fade and will be filed away with the 6-0 at Tynecastle from this season, the 7-0 against Celtic in '82, the 6-1 in '84, the 6-1's against Hibs under Malpas and under McLean at Easter Road, the 6-1 at Tannadice in the Cup and league and the numerous 5-0 thrashings we've taken over the years. Point is there have been plenty like this, maybe not quite so severe as the 7-0 scoreline, but there have been plenty similar and we've come through the other side.

Personally though I'm not going to lose too much sleep over it and as for it hanging around our necks until July or August? I don't think that'll be the case at all. It'll be almost immediately forgotten by the players as they head off to wherever they are going and it'll soon fade into the background for us supporters by whatever catches our attention over the next few weeks be that the Falkirk/Killie play-off or Hibs hopefully beating Rangers in the Cup. You'll need to be something of a sadist if you're going to be agonising about it every week until July!

I thought the pattern of the game went largely as the other three games between the sides had gone with us just basically trying to get by for as long as could. Whereas in previous encounters we had managed to remain within a goal to always give ourselves a chance unfortunately today just quickly got away from us in that 5-10 minute spell. And we've done it ourselves or suffered before when a team smells blood.

I note pre-match that McGhee was saying he'd be continuing to work on building his budget and offers weren't set and would suggest that McGhee, being the clever fellow he is (or at least believes himself to be) in much the same way as Billy Davies used the 5-0 thrashing to St Johnstone some years ago, may well seek to use it as an opportunity to persuade the board to expand his budget further to attempt to avoid any future repeat.

A horrible horrible result, but ultimately it's not one that I'm going to allow to detract too much from a season that looked like it was going to end a lot worse than the eventual fifth place that was achieved.

• Like 1

We we're almost down last year, and three months ago we were looking at the same scenario, play off place.

Today only proves the absolute folly of going into next season with the current squad.

I take it you are quite young ? 5th in the league is a massive achievement for our budget and the size of our attendances .You've never watched the Well in the old 1st division ?

• Like 2

Deluded in what sense? If we were as bad as you suggest we wouldn't have survived the playoffs and would have been straight down this season.

Nobody is saying that we were anything other than awful for the vast majority of last season, and the start of this one, although again, if we were that bad, would we have gone on that run and finished 5th?

Its like the season we finished second under McCall. Largely mince for big parts of the season, but did anyone care about that when we scored up at Pittodrie? Doubtful. At the end of the day, we've finished significantly higher than we would have imagined this time last year - why panic?

I've never seen a Motherwell team look so spineless and apathetic as that today. Even workhorses like McDonald and Moult weren't chasing lost causes like they normally do and throw in Ainsworth watching as someone darts to our by line in the first half. No wonder he was hooked. Cadden was the only offensive player who looked interest and to be fair to the goalie he wasn't much at fault. The rest of them come out with nothing but a red neck and tinnitus from McGhee (I hope!).

Celtic were bang on it today and to be honest probably as well as they have played and I suspect they would have beaten us 2 or 3 regardless but that crumpling is just not acceptable.

But any year we are playing them in a league game in May, we've had a good season no matter what happens in it and overall we have to be content with 5th place. Concerning that we still have performances like that in us but we've only had four like that since McGhee came in (Ross C away, Hearts away, Killie at home and today) even Aberdeen a couple of weeks ago we had a spell creating several chances at 3-1 and there was something about us. Last season we were having these every other week but it highlights that if a couple go missing we sink like a stone.