McGhee in the Scotsman

jazz

Certainly talks a good game.

Motherwell set to hit form, says McGhee

1pixel_spacer.gif1pixel_spacer.gifPublished Date: 13 December 2008 MOTHERWELL manager Mark McGhee feels his team are "bubbling under the surface" ahead of the visit of Kilmarnock on Monday night.

The Steelmen have picked up just one point in five Clydesdale Bank Premier League games but McGhee expects them to hit form any time soon.

That point came in a goalless draw against Rangers at Fir Park when the home side had the majority of possession.

Well followed that with a poor display in a 4-1 home defeat by Hibs, but McGhee was encouraged by their determination during the subsequent 2-0 loss at Aberdeen.

And he believes they will be cooking with gas if they get the ingredients right against the Ayrshire side.

"I feel we are bubbling under the surface," McGhee said.

"I'm looking for three points. I'm looking for an improved performance from the Aberdeen game, which was workmanlike.

"I'm looking for a fusion between the brilliant football we played against Rangers and the hard work we put in against Aberdeen.

"Somewhere in the middle ground I think will be good enough to get us something against Kilmarnock."

"Bubbling under the surface"??? To my mind we've played well against Rangers, the second half against Dundee Utd and were half decent against Accies in the league. Every other game we've been keech!! If St Mirren win today (and they are at the moment), we're second bottom. Is that "bubbling under the surface"? The league disnae lie at this time of the season. Anything less than 8 points (ideally we want 10) from the next 4 games and we're in a relegation battle, no two ways about it.

If St Mirren win we will overtake Inverness though as their goal difference is the same as ours the now. If Falkirk were to lose by four we would overtake them as well. We could end up going up a place the day!

Rest of your post is bang on the money though.

Anything less than 8 points (ideally we want 10) from the next 4 games...

The amount of times I've read that at different stages this season has been quite staggering. The league is really tight this year, if we beat Killie and win our game in hand then we're almost in the top six again.

No way we'll be in a relegation battle this season, not even close to it (just my opinion though)!

G'

GazzyB I wish I was as confident, we certainly dont have the worst team in the league but we have the weakest depth wise,and I have zero confidence in MMG bringing in ANYONE to strengthen that position in January, our season will hinge on this transfer window,

we knew we needed strength in the summer, that window was pretty much a total clusterfuck,trialist after trialist no use,the one who was we didnt even bother trying to sign, O`Brien and Neilsen have been a waste of wages, Klimpl has played 1 game, fucked up on Webster,same wi Kennedy, only Sutton is a success and he`s been struggling lately as him and Ports cant play together in a 3. We cant have this happen again, cause all it takes is an injury to Sutton/Clarky and or Ports and weve lost ALL the goals in our team cause we get fuck all from defence and midfield.

MMG has to earn that bumper wage rise he got in the summer, cause so far this season we have been generally shite in the SPL and he made a c-unit of our euro adventure,

Mark, time to earn your corn fella!!