Espn For The Spl ?

nethertonwellfan

An interestin article in the Daily Express. I think it's the best we are gonna get. Sign the deal.

Its a 5 year deal though! I wouldn't mind peanuts for a couple of years, but to lock us down for 5 years is a heck of a time. In Motherwell terms thats probably the duration of 3 contracts!

I know beggars can't be choosers, but will the paltry amount of money really make a difference to the clubs (assuming the OF continue to take the Lion's share)?

I know beggars can't be choosers, but will the paltry amount of money really make a difference to the clubs (assuming the OF continue to take the Lion's share)?

Around a third of our total income,from 2008 figures. Have a gander:

Income

If we had MFC TV then I would certainly pay for the away games! no shadow of doubt there whatsoever. obviously wouldn;t need the home games since I woul be there!

Lets face it, if Hearts can get it in the state they're in why cant we?

Tam Cowan would be delighted to be back on the telly anyway. :huh:

Is it a bit optomistict to have an online Motherwell TV? I would rather pay directly to the club to watch our games. Give the TV rights back to the clubs and sell them to the highest bidder on a game to game basis.

I think it would depend on how they worked it. I don't know how in practice it would work on an individual basis.

If it was a package of games - say a season's worth on offer I suspect there would be two massive deals fought over by the telly companies for each of the Old Firm and none of the broadcasters would give a flying about the rest of us.

Is that not what the Old Firm really want anyway?

As for the internet that's slightly different and some kind of package be it extended highlights, re-run of the full 90 or selected live games could work alongside a standard tv deal.

I'd be happy with one live match per week and a highlights show, plus the Premiership of course. We can't afford to be choosy on this one. If the product is good enough the SPL can negotiate a better deal next time.