Klimpl

davkel

Exactly! We have this worrying habit of looking to re-recruit former players and with one or two exceptions it has not worked out for us at all. Bang-bang yer oot the gang I say.

I'm not sure I agree with that, althought I agree Maros can GTF.

Just for the sake of debate, players who have came back to the 'Well:

Good: O'Donnell, Lasley, Craigan

Undecided: Hammell, Burns

Bad: McClair

Thoughts?

Guesses down here maybe that Sol Bamba is on his way from Hibs, Is he any better ?

We had a bid accepted for Bamba and he chose to go to Hibs. We brought in Klimpl instead.

He's a big, strong player... but apart from that he's quite poor. Would be suprised if he was signed by a championship club.

We had a bid accepted for Bamba and he chose to go to Hibs. We brought in Klimpl instead.

He's a big, strong player... but apart from that he's quite poor. Would be suprised if he was signed by a championship club.

Would much rather have had Bamba than Klimpl. I remember when we were trying to get him that a few people on here thought he was a dumpling but to me he was exactly the type of player we needed. Big, strong and not afraid to get in about it. I think his performances for Hibs have proved my opinion to be right.

Klimpl was a liability with regards to discipline and was slow as a week in jail. Wouldn't welcome him back to Fir Park at all.

Klimpl may have been a liability in terms of yellow cards but he was our last line of defence on many occasions and was on hand and on the line to make some decent clearances.

That said from what I have read Jennings can hopefully fill that role. So what we need is now a creative midfielder along the lines of Stephen Hughes or even better a goalscoring midfielder.

He had a poor game against Chasetown in our 4-0 friendly win. We then took him to Portugal where he came on sub and scored the winner in a 1-0 win. The following day Dave Jones has released him. Nobody knows why. Guesses down here maybe that Sol Bamba is on his way from Hibs, Is he any better ?

:unsure:

Sol Bamba is an absolute bombscare! Sure he's big and strong and can wind headers but he can't kick a ball to save his life!

I'd happily take him back.

Fair enough, he was trying to have a crack at a higher level and failed, don't think he can be blamed for that. Very good player and he'd add competition for Jennings/central defence.

Was a bit weird to be honest when we went for Klimpl. MM was looking for someone that had to be 6 foot 3 and klimpl was an inch under or so. Next thing you know Klimpl is in as a midfielder. I never saw Klimpl playing in defence but maybe thats his best position somewhere where you don't need to be good on the ball. All you need to do is stop the other team scoring which he seemed quite good at in midfield. telling though that when we were eligable for the fair play award he didn't get a game.

Bamba is a cracking player. I'd take him in a flash.

I wish we could put this pish about Stevie Hammell not being a good signing to bed. Half our play goes through him just now and we'd be completely fucked without him.

Bamba is a cracking player. I'd take him in a flash.

I wish we could put this pish about Stevie Hammell not being a good signing to bed. Half our play goes through him just now and we'd be completely fucked without him.

Agreed about Hammell. Probably not the best defensive left back but good going forward and is at the centre of most of our positive play. Potential to form a good partnership with Slane.

Can't agree about Bamba. Don't rate him at all.

As for Klimpl, I thought he was a decent SPL player and would have liked him to stay on. Not sure I would take him now though given he tried to get a move to other teams, Aberdeen in particular.

Sol Bamba will win more than his fair share of headers but, although he's quick, he's a liability on the ground. Much as he would have improved our defending at set-pieces when we went for him, I would have been petrified every time someone knocked the ball past him - although he's got pace he tends to take the player down or mis-time his challenge. I wasn't surprised in the slightest when he got sent off for two yellows on his Hibs debut.

As for Klimpl, we've both moved on from last season and normally things are better just left that way. Thanks for your contribution and good luck for the future.