Steaua Vs Motherwell

rab_mackinnon

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

all the best in the next round hope the draw is good to you :) do us proud :lol::lol:

Thank you! And good luck in the SPL!

You know, had it not been for Stancu's penalty, things might have gone in a different direction. It took a goal to take away some of the lead in Steaua's boots, but they still weren't very impressive. Complacency at its finest. Gaffer needs to work on that.

Aye, we deserved to win tonight. Still, it's been a very good performance against a very good side which would coast the SPL. I think this bodes well for the season ahead. We've a huge amount to be positive about, and, with new signings imminent, going to be well-positioned to be top six I think minimum. If JG has anything to do about it, we'll be doing this again in twelve months.

Great roar from the crowd as the whistle blew, and they are right to be proud of that performance. A 6-1 aggregate is harsh, particuarly due to 'Well's excellent second leg display, and it could have been very different had those penalty decisions been called correctly. Absolutely no shame in losing to Steaua, and things look promising for the new season; a new manager with a new and young team that will improve. You can look forward with optimism.

Thank you! And good luck in the SPL!

You know, had it not been for Stancu's penalty, things might have gone in a different direction. It took a goal to take away some of the lead in Steaua's boots, but they still weren't very impressive. Complacency at its finest. Gaffer needs to work on that.

Your right Somes, your manager has a lot to do to get more consistency if your going to progress much further in the tournament.

Last week I thought Steau were fantastic. This week they struggled until they got the pen.

Anyway, good luck in the next round. :lol:

Aye, we deserved to win tonight. Still, it's been a very good performance against a very good side which would coast the SPL. I think this bodes well for the season ahead. We've a huge amount to be positive about, and, with new signings imminent, going to be well-positioned to be top six I think minimum. If JG has anything to do about it, we'll be doing this again in twelve months.

But he'll probably be serving a suspension in the stand :lol:

Can't wait to hear the post-match interview. The ref's getting it! :lol:

I hope he tears right into the cheating prick. We've all felt hard done to by refs at games but this clown takes the biscuit. I think it was Brainier who mentioned "big team syndrome" - he was right.

On a side note, I reckon that if Gannon gets sent off during the regular season he should go to the East Stand - he'll fit right in with the rest of us. :lol:

Fresh article from our top sports newspaper:

"High horse

Johnnie Walker himself could've gone past Steaua's defenders tonight.

Sure, the team went through, Stancu scored a beautiful goal. "His price just went up a million", a mind-numbing conclusion from the commentators. Until Steaua's first goal, we were living an orange nightmare - the Scots' shirt colour and also that of the stands, teeming after every throw-in. Had the Spaniard awarded them a penalty in the first half, things would have become quite complicated.

Let's shake this off quickly and realize there was an element of luck in our teams' victories. For Steaua, the Europa League starts tomorrow, as well as for Dinamo Bucharest and CFR Cluj. As for Timisoara, it did superbly, but only now do the true dangers and large sums of money come along.

Less ego and more sweat is what we need."

"High horse

Sure, the team went through, Stancu scored a beautiful goal. "His price just went up a million", a mind-numbing conclusion from the commentators. Until Steaua's first goal, we were living an orange nightmare - the Scots' shirt colour and also that of the stands, teeming after every throw-in. Had the Spaniard awarded them a penalty in the first half, things would have become quite complicated.

Let's shake this off quickly and realize there was an element of luck in our teams' victories. For Steaua, the Europa League starts tomorrow, as well as for Dinamo Bucharest and CFR Cluj. As for Timisoara, it did superbly, but only now do the true dangers and large sums of money come along.

That's a pretty accurate summary, nice touch from the Romanian press.

"High horse

Better analysis than we get here. Craig Paterson,for instance, really does talk shite(retreats for cover), and Chic Young-dearie me. Anyway,nothing to be ashamed of and a belter of a "pre-season". Good luck to Steaua in the next round.

Terrific goal.

Can't compete with that quality. :)

Totally unfair for us now to be trailing, but that's football.

Clearly Stancu's, not just an FM Legend..

Stancu wasnt so good last season, because our last coach, stupid Lacatus. But he exploded this season. I am really satisfied with this Bergodi, when Steaua begun to play, they were unstoppable and the most important thing is they are young. I hope we will sell Ghionea too, after Goian, the other central defender. We need only under 21 players... They are fucking fast!

About Motherwell, I wish you good luck for the next season! Really unlucky result, but a match has 90 minutes... Dinamo Tbilisi for example had 2-1 at Red Star Belgrade and the Serbians needed 4 goals and they scored and won 5-2 and qualify!