St Mirren Away, League Cup 1/4 Final

steelboy

really disappointed in the team tonight. no fire no hunger & some disinterest a times. we got what we deserved humiliation & good luck to st mirren in the semi-final. it,s just a shame that when we take a great away support the team let us down. anyways hopefully we will sort out hearts on sat. & the numpty that shouted gannon get to f**** at the final whistle, get a grip please. on a side note, well legless are you ok? saw you getting hurt on the head with a football before k.o. you seemed quite upset.

• Replies 291
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Really disappointed by that rubbish the night. Where do I start?!

From the back then...

Ruddy, he was unlucky not to get a stronger hand to the ball for the first goal. Would have been a great save too. Too far away to see the last two goals.

Moutouakil is not a wing back, not a winger, not a fucking full back. Guys hopeless. Maybe try him in the centre where he can't run the ball out of play so often. Hutchy was the best man on the park tonight by a long shot. Only one that tried. Gonna be a great player, future captain perhaps? Saunders could have been better tonight, not the worst but not the best. For all those folk that were calling Reynolds to be played at left back surely must see that he's not. The past two games he's been exposed at left back, he belongs in the centre of defence.

Now Stevie Craigan, where the fuck do i start with this guy. He's no good enough, simply not good enough. Like many folk have said, i also shat myself every time he was on the ball. Liability and bombscare are the two words that come to mind if you're talking about the guy. Surely for the Hearts game it has to be either Saunders/Hutchy, Hutchy/Reynolds or Saunders/Reynolds. If there has been an argument between him and Gannon then how come Gannon still gives him the armband.

Midfield :

That's the worst i've seen Hateley play, but then again he wasn't actually that bad but he was brilliant compared to his partner in the middle, Coke. The guy surely needs to be dropped on Saturday. Ever since the Manure game its all just went downhill from there. O'Brien was decent the night and caused problems like he normally does but his distribution wasn't that great.

Jutkiewicz would've been alot better tonight if he got the supply. He was unlucky on some occasions and i think the chance he missed wasn't so much of a sitter as it looked. It looked as if the ball was in the air aswell when he hut it. Just one of those nights.

The tactics were wrong from the start. We went to a 442 on Saturday when we were 3-1 down and it worked so well. We came back and got a point from the game we didn't deserve to get a point from, so why didn't we use these tactics tonight.

Last but not least, we're out the cup. Not the worst thing that can happen, the worst thing was the way it happenned.

really disappointed in the team tonight. no fire no hunger & some disinterest a times. we got what we deserved humiliation & good luck to st mirren in the semi-final. it,s just a shame that when we take a great away support the team let us down. anyways hopefully we will sort out hearts on sat. & the numpty that shouted gannon get to f**** at the final whistle, get a grip please. on a side note, well legless are you ok? saw you getting hurt on the head with a football before k.o. you seemed quite upset.

well ive still got a bangin head but im ok any idea who kicked the ball lol someone thought it was fraser

Tactics were all wrong from the start, but given that Gannon got the tactics spot on against the old firm, I think we can give him a bye on that. Lets face it, the skol cup is after all a diddy cup.

Gus had the game sussed though, their players were right on top of us from the off, not giving us a second on the ball, same as Saturday, same as we do against the old firm. Maybe thats a compliment to us that they recognised they couldnt afford to let us play our football?? Maybe not.

Most of our team though were pretty poor. Yaaas especially. I remember one good first half move that Hutch did some belter run, great cross field pass to yaas that appeared from where I was sat, to cut them open. Yaaas totally fucked it up.

We were definatley the better team in the second half, but didnt get the breaks and Ross shouldv seen a second yellow for his professional foul on JOB.

Good to hear Gannon take it on the chin and mention the fact the sizeable 'well support was better than the team lastnight.

Maybe the results a good thing. Bring the players back down to earth after their performances against the old firm. Bring on the FHW!

Not much to add to what's been said already. it will have been worth it if we use experience to learn from it. That goes for the players and manager.

Reynolds is not an attacking LB. Yassin cannae cross a ball.

Hately and Coke were out muscled and out numbered. Maybe Coke needs a rest. We have Jennings and Lasley (remember him?)

All in all - a good reality check. We are a team in the making. I think our future is bright. I think St Mirren were quite good, but that's as good as they're going to get. The Well are in the process of putting a young, slick side together that will go one way - UP!

Poor Performance, poor decisions, poor management.

Enough has been said to criticise and quite rightly. I agree a good reality check. I dont think anyone impressed me at all, there were at times good play from JO'B and the Duke. I applaude the effort of Hutcheson and McHugh.

Worst performance by far was Craigan, mind first half punting the ball up and out for G K.

Reyolds id a CB, play him in his strength.

Truley missed Suttons presence.

All goals came from down the right hand side, could we not learn from the first half?

Totally gutted.

Dreadful performance last night. Bring Craigan back into the team and it all goes tits up, clean sheet at Celtic surviving 24 attempts at goal without him, then 6 goals conceded in two games against St Mirren. :wacko:

As mentioned in another thread we have only played well for a half against Steaua, game against Flamutari, Killie game and 2nd half at St Johnstone.

It seems to be in a lot of our games that we have defended extremely well but it is when we're going forward we are lacking movement, creativity and a cutting edge. Crying out for Slane coming back into the first team to give us some much needed spark.

Two decent chances last night from O'Brien in the first half then the Dukes sitter when we were one down, terrible miss don't know what he was trying.

Hateley put in 2 or 3 good deliveries from set pieces in the 2nd half that somebody should of really been getting on the end of. Well done to St Mirren and Gus McPherson for playing us off the park again and they are unlucky not to have won both matches.

Yes it was a very bad night, yes we got out-muscled, yes our passing was crap, yes we never got going until it was to late, but is it the end of the world? No it isn't.

I was as gutted as everyone else, but calling everyone and everything from Motherwell into question after our 2nd domestic defeat in 10 is knee-jerk of the highest order. We have a lot of youngsters and new plyers stepping up a level or two, and we will have bad days like this.

The important thing is to get behind the lads and help them react positively against the Jambos on Saturday. The booing started early last night which was hugely disappointing, have a think about how the young guys feel about that.

Mon the Well!!

Yes it was a very bad night, yes we got out-muscled, yes our passing was crap, yes we never got going until it was to late, but is it the end of the world? No it isn't.

I was as gutted as everyone else, but calling everyone and everything from Motherwell into question after our 2nd domestic defeat in 10 is knee-jerk of the highest order. We have a lot of youngsters and new plyers stepping up a level or two, and we will have bad days like this.

The important thing is to get behind the lads and help them react positively against the Jambos on Saturday. The booing started early last night which was hugely disappointing, have a think about how the young guys feel about that.

Mon the Well!!

Sensible post as always Mr Elder.

Was the game as one sided as the result suggests ? I avoided asking this question last night as there was a lot of raw emotion on display.

What was the score then? :lol:

I'll stick you on my line this saturday againt hearts, there real shite. ;)

See you boys next game, remember, keep the faith. :thumbup:

No need to gloat mate, you guys thoroughly deserved to win, don't mind admitting it either.

No need to gloat mate, you guys thoroughly deserved to win, don't mind admitting it either.

Yer right, sorry.

Watching the Tic v Hearts game, really, both teams are poor. Wee Aiden, considering his religeon, should be better at crossing. Could be THE most over-rated player in the SPL, his final ball is, well, shi*e.

Heart's have had a few chances but don't sustain any attacks. If you guys go for it I'd fancy you to win, honest.

Good luck and see ya at our next game. :thumbup:

Mon the Well!!

Good post Yir Elder.

Reading through this thread I get the feeling that a few folk have pushed the panic button - this is a definite over-reaction.

We are young team is in the process of building, the lads need support and encouragement and, where necessary, constructive criticism. Gannon has admitted he got it wrong last night and fair play to him for doing that.