Hibees V 'Well

wellmanandy

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Everyone knew December was going to be a bastard of a month before the season started so no surprises this is a tough game. However as much as Hibs are going well I don't think they are that great. They may have won five at home but lets remember:

Struggled to beat a St Mirren side who had ten men for 75 mins

Needed two goals in last two minutes to beat Aberdeen who had nine men

Needed a very dubious late penalty to beat Killie

Although they beat St Johnstone 3-0 they could have been 3 down before they started

Falkirk are shite

Got a point against United who had ten men

Lost to ten men Celtic

Whilst the stats suggest Hibs are strong and there is clearly the steely resilience there to win games when you look a little closer they are from unbeatable if we play as we can.

As for us we will no doubt remain tough to beat because we 1) are generally organised and 2) don't go away even when we losing so I think we will be right in about them. However Riordan v Yass concerns me. His positional sense is dire and if Hughes has a brain he will play Riordan on the shoulder of him and it'll be like feeding time at the zoo in our penalty box. We need to instruct him to stay at right back and let the midfield worry about the creation and the centre halfs worry about the clearing.

Also if we fail to win against Hibs or the Old Firm we will have won four games of the first sixteen - quite likely. Thats the same as the Malpas season........

Anyway my prediction today is Riordan will be just too powerful for our right back and they will edge it 2-1.

Everyone knew December was going to be a bastard of a month before the season started so no surprises this is a tough game. However as much as Hibs are going well I don't think they are that great. They may have won five at home but lets remember:

Struggled to beat a St Mirren side who had ten men for 75 mins

Needed two goals in last two minutes to beat Aberdeen who had nine men

Needed a very dubious late penalty to beat Killie

Although they beat St Johnstone 3-0 they could have been 3 down before they started

Falkirk are shite

Got a point against United who had ten men

Lost to ten men Celtic

Whilst the stats suggest Hibs are strong and there is clearly the steely resilience there to win games when you look a little closer they are from unbeatable if we play as we can.

As for us we will no doubt remain tough to beat because we 1) are generally organised and 2) don't go away even when we losing so I think we will be right in about them. However Riordan v Yass concerns me. His positional sense is dire and if Hughes has a brain he will play Riordan on the shoulder of him and it'll be like feeding time at the zoo in our penalty box. We need to instruct him to stay at right back and let the midfield worry about the creation and the centre halfs worry about the clearing.

Also if we fail to win against Hibs or the Old Firm we will have won four games of the first sixteen - quite likely. Thats the same as the Malpas season........

Anyway my prediction today is Riordan will be just too powerful for our right back and they will edge it 2-1.

So really our best chance of taking something from this game is for someone to get sent off would be interesting if it were one of ours, we've toiled against 10 and 9 men recently how would we fare having fewer players for say the last 20 minutes ?

Have to agree with you there tweed I think riordan will be key to the Hibees getting a narrow victory.

Hard to tell, sounded like we started ok a number of deadball chances wasted

but definatley sounds like hibs have the upper had in the last 15-20mins, with Ruddy already sounding like our MOTM

and also sounds like Hughes has again got the upper hand tactically, not allowing us to play Gannons game from the back.

However thats the radio for you, an interpretation from the commentators view