Is It A Good Thing?

maxywell

have seen a few posts by well fans on other boards saying it is and we can now concentrate on the league.i would have rathered we'd stayed in the cup,even got a replay because we get some decent crowds for home games and we haven't had many home cup games recently.don't think it'll do our confidence any good either and for me going out of the cup won't make much difference to where we finish in the league.thoughts?

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

a would take a safe 10th (safe 11th if there is such a thing) in the league in sacrifice for a sniff of cup final glory.

even if you told me there was no guarantees of winning ad still bite yer arm off for it just as long as we maintain or status as an SPL team. That outweighs finishing 5th or 6th any day.

Financially it could end up makin u similar money to finishing in the top six with a semi final and a final plus the added benefit of a couple, if not more, legs in europe.

Chance of a trophy and money banked all along the way. Memories that last a lifetime and the morale boost it gives to players and fans alike. Not sure what positives can be taken from an early exit for any team. If it gives said team a kick up the arse for the rest of the season, I suppose that might be one positive consequence.

I'd say no, it's definately not a good thing but I'll be a far worse mood if St Midden beat us on Saturday.

I no longer dream of getting to Hampden (which I do crave) because we are simply incapable of beating whoever we are given in the cup. Regardless of who the manager/league form/ or starting 11 are.

SPL status is the absolute priority and as long as we achieve that (preferably with something to spare) I'm afraid that's the best we can hope for anymore.

Wouldn't say it's a good thing to go out but Saturdays game is much more important IMO.

Anyway, judging by last nights turnout (about 150) most Well fans probably not too bothered either!

;)

That's a bit harsh on the well fans. Considering it is a Monday night and it is hundreds of miles away. What about people who were working till 5 o clock? There is a few of us out there. I was going in a party of 6 for the original date and none of us could make last night due to work commitments. So it is not so much can't be bothered and more couldn't possibly make it. I am sure loads of others were in the same boat.

Wouldn't say it's a good thing to go out but Saturdays game is much more important IMO.

Anyway, judging by last nights turnout (about 150) most Well fans probably not too bothered either!

:D

good point mate,some people are on jsa [£64 a week]and had tae jack their job in to make the 3 euro games this year ;)

That's a bit harsh on the well fans. Considering it is a Monday night and it is hundreds of miles away. What about people who were working till 5 o clock? There is a few of us out there. I was going in a party of 6 for the original date and none of us could make last night due to work commitments. So it is not so much can't be bothered and more couldn't possibly make it. I am sure loads of others were in the same boat.

Maybe so but I'm sure loads of others just couldn't be bothered. ;)

good point mate,some people are on jsa [£64 a week]and had tae jack their job in to make the 3 euro games this year ;)

What? Motherwell in Europe? How did I miss this. Surely someone who had been to the games would have mentioned it somewhere along the line.......

:D

Well, we probably aren't going to get relegated and we definitely aren't going to get into Europe, so last nights defeat has almost rendered the rest of our season meaningless. Genuinely tempted to watch the game on saturday in the house. I'm always on a big downer when we go out of the Cup, regardless of how sadly predictable it has become.

Well, we probably aren't going to get relegated and we definitely aren't going to get into Europe, so last nights defeat has almost rendered the rest of our season meaningless. Genuinely tempted to watch the game on saturday in the house. I'm always on a big downer when we go out of the Cup, regardless of how sadly predictable it has become.
spot on,the season is now deed ;)

Yet again, the season is finished all too early.

No matter who the manager is, no matter who the players are, we are fucking pish when it comes to the cup.

This is probably the first year I haven't been gutted at our exit, all too used to it now.

Unless we get embroiled in a relegation battle, I doubt I'll be back at FP anytime soon. Indeed, with relatively nothing to play for there is a fair chance I won't be back at FP this season. Particularly, when we have a number of players running down their contracts and no idea who our manager will be next season.