• Chris Humphrey
    • Steve Jennings
    • Null Vote

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Keef for me also, great combo with big Giles in the centre as others rightly have said, and he was almost omnipresent on the pitch today. Yet again the briefly forgotten man of Fir Park makes another miraculous comeback from the dead, step up Keef Lazarus-ley... :lol:

Lasley for me. A nose ahead of Murphy and Sutton, both of whom I thought were superb. Thought the rest of the lads did pretty well too. Not a great team performance but dealt with the conditions as well as could be expected and played some nice football where possible.

Cracking work for both goals and Sutton was so unlucky with that strike.

Think if he hadn't been injured I would probably have been voting for Jutkiewicz just now but from what happened Lasley was the best player for us over the full ninety. Arguments for Sutton, Murphy and Coke too.

I'd be tempted to give him MOTM anyway for the fact he got a cut in the thigh and a knee in the haw maws (searches for tears to a glass eye emoticon)

Lasley for me, he was all over the park today, a great display.

I would have given it to Sutton if the screamer had went in, I was sitting directly behind it and it started no where near but some how managed to smack the junction of post and crossbar, wow!!!!

A mention to for the defence who actually acquited themselves well against the big bustling strikers, Mehmet and then when Higdon was thrown on in the second half.

:lol:

Def agree with Sieb, Lasley & Coke could form a solid backbone to the side going forward, with Hately behind (looked edgy today out of position - know why he was put there, just wanting him firing all cylinders in the holding role), Lukas in front and Ruddy in-between the sticks.

Didn't know why Humphry ran parallel to the by-line on his first break rather than towards goal.

Though Lasley was busy, industrious and sprayed some telling accurate passes about (by which I mean ahead/into the path of the attacking player so he didn't have to check his stride and break the move down). Normally I would have opted for him, today its someone else.

My vote today goes to Craigan, solid, safe and everything you want in a centre-half. No sclaffs, miskicks or OG's (bonus as he was in the running for the UEFA golden boot at one stage), did something to silence his critics (me included as one of his strongest earlier this season, I'm first to admit. Gannon too watching free on his plasma in Cheshire) and showed how he is a true professional by biting his tongue leading up to 28/12 rather than a public spat that the ex-boss appeared to be looking for. Kevin Kyle take notes and learn. How easy it would have been to go to the Record and point out what a lot of us were oblivious to.

NB Can Jack and Vic look at buying players with surnames Dyett & Cherry just for the comedy factor listening to commentaries on the radio. Ability preferable, but not manditory (REF: A Roddie, J Davies)