Motherwell Vs Hibernian

LadywellToi

But we're the AA of the SPL!!!

Never a truer post................

This is must win for Well + must win for Hibs. Therefore I suspect it will end up a 1-1 draw. Hope I am wrong, but knowing Motherwell as i do I suspect we will go to Ibrox needing something. It is just the way we do things.

The Hearts result is also crucial. Worst case is we lose and they win. I do however believe we will not finish lower than 5th. Strange that DDee UTd are playing 3 of our biggest games of the season depending on results v Hearts, Hibs and then possibly Ross Co - depending on where we finish.

Sadly I am on a midweek break, but my thoughts will be at Fir Park silently roaring the boys on.

Come on Well. Get stuck in............

----------------Ruddy--------------------

Saunders-----Craigan------Reynolds----Hammell

Humphrey----Hateley------Coke---------O'Brien

----------- Sutton-------Jutkiewicz----------

I would go with 2 wingers tonight as we will need to put plenty of deliveries into the Hibs penalty area to allow Smith to hand us a place in Europe. I really hope Coke is fit and with a performance like we had at Tynecastle 10 days ago we will be in Europe.

Hopefully the reduced prices will see a big increase in numbers tonight, don't see it being over 6500, and inspire the team to a third consecutive European spot. Mon the Well!!!!!

I'd start Murphy up front probably at the expense of Humphrey with Sutton playing slightly deeper. The Hibs centre halves couldn't handle Murphy running at them last time round.

Under doctors orders to stay away from the football for the time being, really gutted at not being able to head along tonight.

I hope we can generate a decent atmosphere to propel a fine performance.

'Mon the 'Well.

Earlier in the season they came to fir park and played some of the best attacking football any team has played against us this season.

The next time they came they were nervous after some bad results and Hughes tried to play a battling team against us, and Lasley and Jennings easily won that battle to drive us to victory.

My worry this time is that without Lasley and Jennings we might not win that battle, and if they turn up and play football they might well blow us away again.

But you never really know. Motherwell seem to have a surprise up their sleeve these days and you get the feeling we can always pull off a result...

Giles' form seems to depend if there was a full moon the night before, I'd agree that Murphy should get a start over Humphrey even if he's on the program front cover. I'd ask Sutton to drop back into midfield for his strength and battling and put Hateley on the right mid.

Hibs are missing Bamba tonight so if Buzz is in goals I'll be wanting to see plenty of crosses into the box to put him under pressure. Not ideal having Lasley and Jennings both out but I'm sure Hateley can step in and if Coke can play like he did against Hearts then we should be okay.

Could perhaps see us going:

Ruddy

Saunders - Craigan - Reynolds - Hammell

O'Brien - Hateley - Coke - Sutton

Murphy - Jutkiewicz

If we come flying out the traps I think we can panic them in to making mistakes. Hibs have been terrible for a while now and with the right attitude, we can win tonight. Can't wait.

Giles' form seems to depend if there was a full moon the night before, I'd agree that Murphy should get a start over Humphrey even if he's on the program front cover. I'd ask Sutton to drop back into midfield for his strength and battling and put Hateley on the right mid.

Humphrey should come on if we are chasing the game.

I would almost be tempted to put Hutchison back in central defence and move Reynolds to midfield, depending on who is fit or not.

Forbes is a no no for me. Capable of cracking goals such as v St J but also very capable of disappearing in games and we cannot afford 1 passenger this evening.

I would go for Fat Tony's team above, unless Coke is not fit, otherwise I would make the change as suggested in my post above.

So the gist of this thread is as such................

Hibs have lost 6 on the trot and haven't beat a top six side since 27th Jan - We're the AA of the SPL, if anyone needs help, we conveniently pop up in the fixture list.

The games on the telly live - We don't win on live TV.

Prices have been reduced so there should be a decent crowd - When we do this, we inevitably feck it up.

If we win tonight we're guaranteed a Europa League place - If there's an easy way to do something, we'll find the hard way to do it instead.

Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde - Which one will turn up ?

Fuck that doom and gloom for a carry oan,

Always expect the unexpected....

Mon the Dossers, get right intae them.

With graham smith in goals I hope the boys shoot on sight. I fancy us to win 3-1. I think hibs are going to throw it all away. Hope we get a huge support. That match against Aberdeen a few years ago was awesome. But likewise against St Mirren under Malpas it was rotten. Just have a feeling we will do the buisness and make it 3 years on the trot in europe :D

I'm sure Buzz will get a great welcome back from the DC.

Noticed at the end of the Hibs-Hearts game on Saturday he was arguing with Hibs fans behind the goals - rought back memories.

I'm sure Buzz will get a great welcome back from the DC.

He will get an even better welcome back if we get a goal or two like the one he gifted david obua in the edinburgh derby :D .

Always liked smith thought he done a great job for us but since he left after what happened with Brighton HA i think he has lost a bit of his confidence. I wouldnt be surprised if Hughes even went with Mark Brown tonight after all they do have like 4 keepers worthy of being there number 1.

Fancy us doing the buisness anyhow.