Odense - Europa League Play Off 2nd Leg

Tartan Copper

• Replies 568
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

There is a great atmosphere created at Hampden at times (Italy & France at home for example), due mainly to the standing en masse by the fans in the West & North Stands where no one sits down.

Well, that and that fact that five times more people than you'll ever get inside Fir Park tend to make at least five times more noise :wallbash:

Well, that and that fact that five times more people than you'll ever get inside Fir Park tend to make at least five times more noise :wallbash:

Indeed. Just as well I wasn't actually comparing the atmosphere in Hampden to Fir Park and was just showing how standing up directly improves the atmosphere.

The club and the ultras work together and it puts Scottish/British crowds to shame.

What are actually the rules about the club actively encouraging an atmosphere?

I got a text earlier today from a Spanish mate. He's been keen to come to a Motherwell game for a while now but I've told him to wait for an away game so there's at least a half decent day out and atmosphere, because he'll find home games at Fir Park shite (he couldn't even get his head around the fact that a 13,000 seater stadium only gets about 4,500 for league games). Anyway, his text earlier said "What are the chances of getting tickets for the Ultras area for the Motherwell game this weekend?" :wallbash:

First of all i must say that this has been a fantastic effort by the club to get this far, yes gutted like most we did not manage to get through, and what would of been an easy looking group, well compared to the others that is.

Anyway about last night overall, it was just one of those nights, on another night it could of been four or five for or against us.

I do think its time to change the team a bit, we cant really do much about the midfeild or Strikers as we have no other options that we have not tried already, it was clear last night we dont have the ability to pass the ball from the back forward, without the long punt up field, one thing i read in an earlier message was the theory that Gannon used, this might be treading on thin ice with a few fans but i believe we should start using Craigan less and intergrate the youngsters back into the starting line up, Gannon done this and it worked fine, this would inject more pace, an ability to actually make a pass instead of the predictable lump up feild.

Saunders and Hutchinson can be a formidable partnership, young enthusiastic, with a little bit more pace required at this level in the SPL. Yes i know Crags is an international player but he is not our future, also throw Page in there at right back.

Game time for these lads will prove the future of the club, use Crags as more of a mentor, he does not seem as commanding lately, and more and more he is being caught short.

I am expecting this thread to get smashed so ill look forward to any comments. Take cover

First of all i must say that this has been a fantastic effort by the club to get this far, yes gutted like most we did not manage to get through, and what would of been an easy looking group, well compared to the others that is.

Anyway about last night overall, it was just one of those nights, on another night it could of been four or five for or against us.

I do think its time to change the team a bit, we cant really do much about the midfeild or Strikers as we have no other options that we have not tried already, it was clear last night we dont have the ability to pass the ball from the back forward, without the long punt up field, one thing i read in an earlier message was the theory that Gannon used, this might be treading on thin ice with a few fans but i believe we should start using Craigan less and intergrate the youngsters back into the starting line up, Gannon done this and it worked fine, this would inject more pace, an ability to actually make a pass instead of the predictable lump up feild.

Saunders and Hutchinson can be a formidable partnership, young enthusiastic, with a little bit more pace required at this level in the SPL. Yes i know Crags is an international player but he is not our future, also throw Page in there at right back.

Game time for these lads will prove the future of the club, use Crags as more of a mentor, he does not seem as commanding lately, and more and more he is being caught short.

I am expecting this thread to get smashed so ill look forward to any comments. Take cover

I agree with you to an extent but I think we need to wait to see if Reynolds is here after next week. Assuming we dont sign a right back,I would like to see Page + Hutch integrated more into the defence and Craggs experience would be invaluable for the young guys but im not sure its time to throw him on the scrap heap yet.

I would disagree tho about distribution from the back tho, yes the guys in defence need to pass the ball better but the midfielders need to take more responsibility in their movement,too often the only ball available is the long punt. Id love to see us adopt Gannons 4-2-3-1 formation,think Broon could work wonders with that, or even a back 3 which would mask Craggs lack of pace

Wasn't there, didn't see it, didn't hear it on thr radio and only 'saw' it on BBC's text but I am STILL feeling absolutely gutted and....empty. Feck know what it must feel like to those of you who were there. I think this is the worst I have EVER felt after a Motherwell defeat - even worse than the h**s pumping 5 past us in the cup final a couple years back. TRYING to work up some enthusiasm for the Celtic game but....nah....I'm just drained and empty. :wallbash:

By my reckoning we'd have occupied the slot that was eventually taken by Lech Poznan, so we missed out on Man City, Juventus and Red Bull Salzburg in Group A.

What was your coef. when the europa league started? As Far as I can see you would take Gents spot, but nothing is sure since Gent was limited in what groups they could end in and you would have been free, so nothing is certain.

Wasn't there, didn't see it, didn't hear it on thr radio and only 'saw' it on BBC's text but I am STILL feeling absolutely gutted and....empty. Feck know what it must feel like to those of you who were there. I think this is the worst I have EVER felt after a Motherwell defeat - even worse than the h**s pumping 5 past us in the cup final a couple years back. TRYING to work up some enthusiasm for the Celtic game but....nah....I'm just drained and empty. :wallbash:

Highlights in nsfw

1/ Humphrey - he is my worst nightmare! Tones of pace, skips by men for fun, always looking for the ball, always getting into to space....BUT his end product is shocking! I read hear that it's the strikers fault for not being in position, what a load of utter balls! He needs to work on it and if he can get to a point where 1 in 2 crosses are decent instead of his 1 in 7 or something then we have a real player. He did put a few half decent ones in tonight, but at least 10 went far to long. I'm not ready to crucify him just yet as it's all he is missing from being a top drawer player, just getting working on it on training!

Hold on. So you think that if Humphrey was able to cross a ball accurately 50% of the time AND be lightening quick AND 'skip by men for fun' AND be hard working AND be excellent off the ball he would be playing for Motherwell on £1200 a week?

Mega disappointing result last night after giving ourselves a great chance after 1st leg of a historic achievement

However hope people put things in context&remember what a great achievement it was for m'well just to be in europe,we have a team to support when a few years ago that was in doubt

Games like last night are a world away from the many years of relegation struggles and 1st division football lots of fans have seen

By my reckoning we'd have occupied the slot that was eventually taken by Lech Poznan, so we missed out on Man City, Juventus and Red Bull Salzburg in Group A.

Sorry mate, that is wrong. Lech Poznan have a co-ef of 11.008 and we have one of 6.158, the closest team to that was ball 44 which was Gent, as Odense would have been out and a team from Pot 4 would have moved up one to accomodate us and we would have been at ball 44.

So my previous post was right with the boring fixtures :thumbup:((

Proud as fuck to be a Motherwell fan to be honest :thumbup: The lads gave it one hell of a go and we were so unlucky over the 2 games, we just didnt get a break. It hurts to know we were the better team over 180 minutes but still came out on the wrong end. We'll create a fraction of those chances this season and we'll win out the park, thats football for you.

Any highlights doing the rounds?

I love you Motherwell :)

Highlights in nsfw

Proud as fuck to be a Motherwell fan to be honest :thumbup: The lads gave it one hell of a go and we were so unlucky over the 2 games, we just didnt get a break. It hurts to know we were the better team over 180 minutes but still came out on the wrong end. We'll create a fraction of those chances this season and we'll win out the park, thats football for you.

Any highlights doing the rounds?

I love you Motherwell :)

:doh: