Bovril

allybally

What's happened to the bovril at Fir Park. Is it Bovril? or some cheap substitute.

Its twice the price half the size and tastes like piss water. It's not much good on cold winters day.

A cup of bovril and chapmans pies is all part of going to the footie. Come on e well sort out the Bovril.

Welcome to the forum ally - bit of a random rant for your 1st post on the eve of possibly the biggest match we've been involved in for many a year but here's my thoughts (I'm off work sitting in the house bored)

I'm quite sure its not "bovril" made by bovril that is sold at FP-I think that its made by Knorr so that might be the difference but from wikipedia:

In November 2004 the manufacturers, Unilever, announced that the composition of Bovril was being changed from beef extract to a yeast extract, claiming it was to make the product suitable for vegetarians and vegans; at that time fear of bovine spongiform encephalopathy (BSE) may have been a factor. According to Unilever, "in blind taste tests, 10% didn't notice any difference in taste, 40% preferred the original and 50% preferred the new product"

You could always try what I do and mix 3 to 4 sashets of pepper in with it.