Maros Klimpl

beesher

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've never been impressed with Malcolm, other than his free-kick abilities, and I posted after the St. Mirren game that there was no contest between Klimpl and Malcolm.

The one thing that impressed me at Love Street was how comfortable he was with both feet. At Tannadice he had a good, well controlled shot with one foot just before scoring with the other foot.

The one thing that does my head in watching football is seeing professional players being completely one-footed - our team is rife with them. Stephen Hughes gets great plaudits for his skills but goes to ridiculous lengths to avoid kicking the ball with his left foot. Jamie Murphy looks a great new talent but is very one footed and there are less skillful players in the team who have a much weaker side. How many times have we seen a player trying to wrap a leg round his body to take the ball with his better foot. It makes me wonder what players do in training, particularly the younger ones.

How refreshing it is to see Klimpl looking genuinely comfortable with both feet.

I've never been impressed with Malcolm, other than his free-kick abilities, and I posted after the St. Mirren game that there was no contest between Klimpl and Malcolm.

The one thing that impressed me at Love Street was how comfortable he was with both feet. At Tannadice he had a good, well controlled shot with one foot just before scoring with the other foot.

The one thing that does my head in watching football is seeing professional players being completely one-footed - our team is rife with them. Stephen Hughes gets great plaudits for his skills but goes to ridiculous lengths to avoid kicking the ball with his left foot. Jamie Murphy looks a great new talent but is very one footed and there are less skillful players in the team who have a much weaker side. How many times have we seen a player trying to wrap a leg round his body to take the ball with his better foot. It makes me wonder what players do in training, particularly the younger ones.

How refreshing it is to see Klimpl looking genuinely comfortable with both feet.

I'd agree with pretty much everything you say apart from the bit in bold, now i respect peoples opinions but quite frankly your wrong on that one - Jamie Murphy is excellent with both feet.

Having but a left foot did Davie Cooper no harm

Unfortunately none of our players have anywhere near the level of skill Cooper had to compensate sufficiently for being one footed.

I was probably a bit strong in saying Murphy is very one footed (in the way that O'Brien is). I like him as a player, however he certainly favours one foot a good deal more than the other and has shown reluctance to go with his weaker foot on occassion.

Aye, hes kinda kicking about in La Liga and playing fairly recently week in week out for Osasuna.

Hope we can get him [Kilimpl] at the end of the year even if it is only is a 2 year deal maybe come the end of the 1st year we may get big bucks if he progresses the way hes going just now. Seeing Vadocz go from NEC to Osasuna for a couple million is a bit gutting that we missed out on a few bob!

Any idea what club Vadocz is at now mate? last thing i heard he was at a spanish club (i think)

Dominating the midfield for Osasuna at the moment and although he isnt playing every single week he is very highly thought of. He is also back in the international fold.

Edit: Osasuna had some enquiries about him this window and their asking price is 7.5M!

We were talking about signing him permantly earlier. Well I have just got the Motherwell DB back for the Football Manager Update and according to the Danish Researcher/Midtjylland 1999 reseacher he has a buy option fee of 2,500,000 Danish Krone, which in English is £233,015 as of today