Mfc Supporters Advisory Committee

MFC Supporters Advisory

MFC Official Site Announcement

Official Launch of the MFC Supporters Advisory Committee

You may recall some time ago our Chief Executive proposed the setting up a supporters committee. Leeann posted an open invitation via the Matchday Programme and forum websites asking for volunteers to step forward to help form the aforementioned committee. The club was keen to ensure that the very people who matter most, the supporters, did not become disconnected and disenfranchised going forward.

From these Leeann received responses from interested fans who have now met with her on several occasions to discuss how the committee should be formed and how it would benefit the club. The main thing about the newly formed committee is we are supporters just like you, however through the committee we hold a unique position in the structure of the club by having full access to the board. The twelve members sit in all three home stands, vary in age and cover both genders. We all regularly use the same facilities and experience the same levels of service.

We feel that with Leeann, board members and the club staff we can help bring everyone together, re-invigorate and enhance the experience not only on the park but off it as well. We can work with the club to bring on board what we, the fans would like to see happen at our club.

Now that we are all in place we want to formalise our aims by canvassing supporters. There is no point in us discussing and deciding areas and ideas we would like to tackle or put to the club without first asking for your opinion. So with this in mind, we will be talking to you soon online, on matchdays and at organised meetings to get your views. We won’t always get things right and while we may not always have the answer or on occasion be as effective as you may hope, please bear in mind that we are the first football club in Scotland to launch such an initiative and with a united effort , in time, we can be more effective and influential.

We are sure most fans accept there will be many aspects of Scottish Football where the power to change lies with other bodies and organisations. We can however influence many issues where responsibility rests directly with MFC. We would welcome any communication from our peers so please use the following contact methods to let us know what you think the priorities are, and any ideas you might have:

Email : supporters.committee@motherwellfc.co.uk

Steelmen Online : MFC Supporters Advisory

FirParkCorner : Supporters_Advisory

or, if you prefer, write to us at Fir Park. We will reply within 48 hours and, where possible, give a solution to any issues within 5 days.

We want to know your big picture gripes and ideas, views on reconstruction, safe standing, television and the like. In response the club have promised to be transparent on their position and policies in whatever we identify and where possible and appropriate, use their influence to push forward change.

Importantly though we also want to work in areas where the club have the ability to make the changes we desire. Stewarding, ticket allocations, pricing, initiatives, club policies, facilities, match day to name but a few. The list is really up to you to help us identify. These are really the most exciting opportunities for you the supporters and where we can most likely see some quick wins.

• As far as our first “win” is concerned we have brought to the attention of Leeann that the way half season tickets were sold, with the first 9 vouchers torn out. This would have meant that these books would not have been valid for the Kilmarnock game were voucher number 9 to be used. With this in mind, Leeann agreed fully that everyone should be able to get into that match, irrespective of when you bought your season ticket. The club will use “special voucher K” for the match on Wednesday meaning all season ticket holders can get in. Because of the cancellation, a bonus game for those who bought a half ticket.

• The committee has also taken over the running of the official MFC eBay site and we have some great ideas and items for you to bid on through the season.

Our committee members are all volunteers and have only your and the best interests of the club at heart. We are not here to replace any of the other supporters groups. Hopefully we can work with everyone to bring an exciting and bright future for Motherwell Football Club.

Best Regards,

The MFC Supporters Advisory Committee

Mission Statement

The aim of the Supporters Advisory Committee is to enhance the experiences of all who choose to associate with Motherwell Football Club. We will advance frequent, clearer communication due to our unique position between board and fans, endeavour to improve the matchday experience and further increase club revenues through innovative means.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hope this all works out but my first impression is that there is absolutely nothing there that is not already offerred by the MST, and it could well be the death knell for the Trust. That may not seem like a disaster at the moment, but if the powers at be in the club(either present or future) take a sinister turn, having the fans represented by a group of yes men with no actual power whatsoever would suit them far better than an independent body with a membership base and a shareholding.

If I was a cynical man, I'd say that the club would be quite happy to see the back of the Trust in case they provide any opposition to a forthcoming significant decision that is to be made, perhaps when the property market picks up, and this is a massive stride towards that.

Yeah, I thought it might coming from me, but it's genuinely not. As I say, I hope the well-meaning messages coming out of the club turn out to be exactly that, but it's difficult not to be a tad suspicious. If this can adequately replace the Trust, and there's never a need for a shareholding body with a membership due to the fact the club continues to be ran well and to the satisfaction of the fanbase then there will be nobody happier than me. :lol:

Steve

I don't see it that way, I thnk Frazzle has a valid point.

We now have one group on the inside and another group on the outside, both allegedly representing the "ordinary" fan, both addressing the same issues and both canvasing the same supporters through the same mediums for the exact same forms of feedback.

The King is dead, long live the King !!

Do we know who is sitting on the MFC S A C, or is this also the same .

Is it possible that an invite to could be extended to the Trust to be involved in the committee?

Or was one and it was knocked back?

It sounds like it could be a great idea but we really need all factions of our support pulling in the same direction. Don't want another split like there was between the Trust, the Supporters Associations and the rest of the fans.

I wish this venture the best of luck and if it really does have full access to Boardroom level, then it's already achieved something the Trust failed to do, even with having one of the Board at it's head.

Tremendous cynicism, but I see where folk are coming from.

Why would this impact on the trust? Surely the trust only ceases to be important if the folk that are involved in it stop giving a fuck?

Do we ever get to know the identities of the people on this committee? Or will it forever be known as simply 'The MFC Supporters Advisory Committee'?

For all we know there may not even be any fans on this! :lol:

There is photo of them on the Official Site but even that doesn't give us names. One or two are recognisable though.

What I don't understand though, is why didn't the club just extend the working relationship to the Trust?

Why the need for a new initiative, featuring people who no one knows anything about? I'm neutral when it comes to the controversial past of the Trust, but from what I've seen of them in recent times they have gotten their act together and seem to be doing some decent work.

Based on the context of what you wrote around this statement, is there any debate needed as to your level of cynicisim?

Nope! But I can tell you for nowt that I'm far from the only cynical 'Well fan, and we weren't born that way...

Edit: Just noticed the earlier question posed - The Trust board members were encouraged to join this SAC when it started, but just as individual members like everyone else. Not that I was against that as such - I just didn't see the point in attending two sets of meetings to discuss the same issues with a different group of people. I know there are folk who like to be on loads of committees and love the feel of a blazer on their breast but I'm just not one of those guys, despite what some on here may say!

Not sure if you were referring to me there, but that's Che in my avatar, not Fidel.

Che - Fidel, Fidel - Che, both communist terrorists, however I suppose one man's terrorist is another's freedom fighter.

Wasn't the initial email for the group sent out a year ago? If so, then the powers at the club must have had quite a bit of a heads up with respect to the still unsubstantiated Polish bid that came to light a few days ago.

Don't really see this being much more effective than MST who have never really got off the ground at any point over the years despite the best efforts of everyone involved. Those guys on the board of MST have the be interests of the club at hearts which will be the same as MFC SAC. However can see this being a replica of the MST.

Best of luck.