Semi Cup Draw?

prideoflanarkshire

Got to move it to Easter Road, surely?

whilst I certainly agree our semi final (IF WE MAKE IT THERE) should NOT be played at Hampden, I still dont know if it should be played at Easter Road

for arguments sake, say its us v St J - I very much doubt both clubs would take more than 6000 each to the game - that would still mean a half empty stadium (or dont sell upper tier tickets) Although it would allow a ticket for everyone who wants to go

I know semi-finals are "special" and some people want them played at the National Stadium - but for me, nothing beats the thrill of a packed stadium with a great atmosphere - even somewhere like East End Park would house all the fans, but then playing a semi final at a 1St Division stadium really doesnt get you excited!!

Playing this game at Hampden IMO is disasterous - even worse if its Brechin - but as Gaag says, would the SFA chiefs move it away from Hampden?

When does anyone think the prices will be arranged for the game on the 29th? If theres a common sense approach to the prices hopefully there can be a big crowd for this one.

Theres been times where we've thought our name could be there on that cup and we've failed miserably. I really fuckin hope this is it, 20 years is so bloody long to wait to win something. I just hope our team can put this long wait for not just a Scottish Cup Final but a trophy to bed.

And I agree to an extent if we get to the semis then don't play it at Hampden. I feel we would have a much bigger and better chance of getting to the final if the game is played there. The park is bigger so more space is there for us to exploit. Imagine having Murphy and Humphrey going at the Brechin or St Johnstone defenders at all angles, these teams couldn't cope with that.

When does anyone think the prices will be arranged for the game on the 29th? If theres a common sense approach to the prices hopefully there can be a big crowd for this one.

Theres been times where we've thought our name could be there on that cup and we've failed miserably. I really fuckin hope this is it, 20 years is so bloody long to wait to win something. I just hope our team can put this long wait for not just a Scottish Cup Final but a trophy to bed.

And I agree to an extent if we get to the semis then don't play it at Hampden. I feel we would have a much bigger and better chance of getting to the final if the game is played there. The park is bigger so more space is there for us to exploit. Imagine having Murphy and Humphrey going at the Brechin or St Johnstone defenders at all angles, these teams couldn't cope with that.

Common sense would suggest that since both clubs agreed to £10 for the original tie, they will be consistent with the replay.

Heres hoping...............

Craggs is playing for Northern Ireland in Belfast on the 29th.March .............cant see up playing the game that night :excl:

Just like all the english teams lose their players for the African Cup of Nations or for World Cup Qualifiers in other regions (i.e. the Aussies for Asia Pacific) theirs nowt we can do.

'If' the game's arranged for that night then Craggs is out - unless he could do a deal with the N. Irish FA.

Craggs being called up doesn't prevent the game going ahead and - as previously mentioned International football wins. i.e. if Craggs pulls ou the IFA can bar him from playing for us on the night,

I thought George Peat said that the first out the pot would be classed as the home team before the teams were drawn, or maybe I imagined it...

Yeah,

I heard him say that first team drawn would be the home team.

We need a big performance now with everyone we know at the game to push us into the semi. Good game for the club to drop prices to encourage as many as possible.

Edinburgh isnt a million miles away - get yourself on a bus and enjoy the night!!

just like we did when we played Hearts at Easter Rd

for the replay against Utd I think the club should make the tickets for this game £35 - no concessions/kids prices

anytime we play in front of a big crowd at FP - not against the OF - we always seem to lose!! keep the fans away, and win quietly!!

i was hoping for an immediate replay in the hope that we get Utd in the middle of their fixture pile up - im sure they will be delighted that they will now have a long recovery period to get some of their players back/rested

Please - less chat about St Johnstone, Brechin, Edinburgh, Europe, etc. Let's just focus on getting past The Arabs for now.

With Jennings back, I think we can do them at Fir Park. A repeat of the reduced admission prices at Tannadice could see a 7000+ gate.

C'mon The Well :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Got to move it to Easter Road, surely?

Such a tremendous chance to win it. Ideal situation: Scrape past United, a confident win against Perth Saints and a good day out in Edinburgh.

Aberdeen beating St Mirren and Celtic.

Tight final, close, blood and thunder challenges, 96th minute of injury time (due to Derek Young distracting the referee for 5 and a half minutes for being too ugly. Hutchinson clearly fouls Blackman in the box, hoofs it clear towards Humphrey, he's off and running. Sutton, Jeffers and Murphy giving everything to get in for the cross. Humphrey puts it in, Sutton knocks the header down to Murphy, who is offside, not just a marginal bit offside, but Pippo Inzaghi style 4-5 yards offside. He rounds Howard (Langfield subbed after poking himself in the eye at a goalkick), and literally bursts the net with a shot.

Game over, bedlam ensues, I'm found 4 days later living in the Reliant on the roof of the Electric.

I was buckled at that statement. :lol: :lol: :lol:

"Carlsberg don't do getting it up Craigy Broon..." and all that. :evilgrin:

Hopefully we can price it at that. Just seen that Sky are showing the Saints - Brechin replay so you'd think they will want our replay on the telly too. If it is on Sky, then the clubs have no excuse...

Getting right excited already...

COYW

my thoughts and feelings? well, i cant help but get excited.... and i know i shouldnt... if we are ever to get to the final then it couldnt be more on a plate for us than it is now. in saying that.... i cant help but let my mind drift back to the huge dissy i had in that europa game.... i dont like the fact that the games have been drawn before hand... it makes me even more nervous than i already was... but.... MON THE WELL!!!

• Like 1

Is that no just typical? Motherwell come out the bag first for a home cup tie only when the ties at a neutral ground. :dash2: Anyway it'll no matter according to Houston Utd will have all their players back for the replay so they are gonna pump us. Total & utter :wank: