What Are Our Expectations?

Waldo

I am not trying to stoke up an argument between the happy clappies and the moaners but....

I think finanicially we have the eight biggest wage bill, the size of the support is about the same and we are about seventh in the all time SPL league.

This season, we lost our manager, are guaranteed top six finish, reached two semis

and are maybe two one wins away from our best season in a generation.

So, at the start of the season, what were your expectations and how have we compared?

Are we OK to be greedy and want more, more, more?

:yahoo:

Anything between 3rd and 10th and not to be knocked out of the cups by a part-time team (home or away) or a first division side at home. Always believe we will battle for top six for as long as we can - even Malpas did that.

If we can play good football during this time then all the better

im defo happy with what we have achived this season already,getting into the top six .the cup semi and mby a final and a cup.felt good even typing that.but i think we always want more its just the nature of the beast.

I know the likes of Aberdeen have been poor for a number of years and Hearts are financially screwed if Romanov pulls out, but I still see Celtic, Rangers, Hearts, Hibs, Aberdeen and Dundee United as Scotland's six biggest clubs. As a result, any time we finish in the top six, I think it is a fantastic achievement.

I don't think you can ever have any expectations for cup competitions, as they are often decided by the luck of the draw (literally).

We are a win next Saturday away from this being one our best ever seasons. We do want and expect too much at times, but let's enjoy what's left of this season, it could just be about to get even better!

Regardless of result next Saturday this season has already FAR exceeded my expectations. Three rounds in Europe, the proverbial hair's breadth away from the Group Stages, top six AND two Cup Semi Finals in the one season? Utterly Brilliant. Enjoy this week and hopefully the next month/three months as it won't be as good as this for a looooooooong time to come.

• Like 1