Humphrey

TheLip69

A mate of mine, who's a Shrewsbury fan, said that Humphrey is looking to go back to England.

He's from the Midlands and the rumour is both Birmingham and Coventry are looking at him, I dont know if any of that is true, although he swears it is, but he wondered what the deal was when we signed him. Do Shrewsbury have a sell on clause?

no, we signed him under freedom of contract and they didnt get a penny because it was to a different country even though he was under 23. (if he had moved to an english club they would have been due a development fee). i think your mates talking pish though because the humph said he was happy in scotland when he renewed his contract a few months ago

A mate of mine, who's a Shrewsbury fan, said that Humphrey is looking to go back to England.

He's from the Midlands and the rumour is both Birmingham and Coventry are looking at him, I dont know if any of that is true, although he swears it is, but he wondered what the deal was when we signed him. Do Shrewsbury have a sell on clause?

Who cares just consentrate on the next game............ worry about it later dry.gif

no, we signed him under freedom of contract and they didnt get a penny because it was to a different country even though he was under 23. (if he had moved to an english club they would have been due a development fee). i think your mates talking pish though because the humph said he was happy in scotland when he renewed his contract a few months ago

Well if Birmingham wanted to sign me and give me 10 times the wages and a chance to play in the Premiership I'd soon change my mind.

I said it before if Birmingham or any other Premiership player comes in for one of ours he will be off as long as the price is right.

i never said he wouldnt go. the orignal post just makes it sounds as if the humph isnt happy in scotland when he is

I wasn't having a go! I took the post as saying he wanted to go back to England. Whether he is happy or not the opportunity and the money would make anyone wan to go back to England. rolleyes.gif

I know Chris personally in real life, he is a very dear friend of mine.

Just to verify, 3 premiership Clubs are interested in signing Chris, Bolton , Birmingham and Liverpool.

I spoke to Chris on the matter and he is very happy where he is at the moment and strongly wants to spend the remaining time at Fir Park until his contract ends in 2013. He does not wish to disappoint the fans and therefore will not say anything more on the matter.

Just to verify, 3 premiership Clubs are interested in signing Chris, Bolton , Birmingham and Liverpool.

I spoke to Chris on the matter and he is very happy where he is at the moment and strongly wants to spend the remaining time at Fir Park until his contract ends in 2013. He does not wish to disappoint the fans and therefore will not say anything more on the matter.

Lol

Lets hope that's true, although I wouldn't mind a wee £2.5 mil for him at the end of next season :evilgrin:

Im pretty sure if he wasn't happy then he wouldn't have signed a 1 year extension on top of the remainder of his current contract at the time.

HOTD for this pish!!

Why HOTD? Who said that he wasn't happy?

Did Faddy move to Everton because he wasn't happy at Motherwell? No he went to further his career. Humphrey will do the same whether he is happy hear or not.

Why HOTD? Who said that he wasn't happy?

Did Faddy move to Everton because he wasn't happy at Motherwell? No he went to further his career. Humphrey will do the same whether he is happy hear or not.

Was a good piece of business as well by the Club when he signed the extension as we can hopefully turn a few extra £££s when we come to sell him - which could be in the summer if the money and timing is right!

Almost certain if someone offers £800k for a player we signed on a free then he will be gone because thats the business we are in and have no problem with that at all.

Almost certain if someone offers £800k for a player we signed on a free then he will be gone because thats the business we are in and have no problem with that at all.

£800 000 and a good sell on clause is what I'd be looking for but if he's happy to stay here for another season, then I'd prefer to keep him and see him play for us for another season and hope to get +£1m.

Also, if the SPL decide to change back to a 10 team league he's the kind of guy who could be the difference between us being safe or getting caught up in a relegation fight.

All told I'd prefer he stayed.

No point in getting wound up about it.

How many of us wouldn't jump ship to a new company for increase in our annual salary of £5k? If our flying winger goes to the premiership he will get at least that sort of increase weekly!

Its not something we can do anything about, and it wouldn't be a hard decision for Humphrey to make either.

One of my mates is working in the hotel where St.Johnstone are staying in Largs and he phoned me saying they've spent a couple of hours watching videos of our games and paying particular attention to Humphries. I said HE'LL TEAR EM TO BITS AND LET THEM KNOW. :laugh:

so you do scott , so you do

One of my mates is working in the hotel where St.Johnstone are staying in Largs and he phoned me saying they've spent a couple of hours watching videos of our games and paying particular attention to Humphries. I said HE'LL TEAR EM TO BITS AND LET THEM KNOW. :laugh:

who is Humphries?

• Like 2

Maybe it will be third time lucky at Hampden for Humphrey but he's not kicked a ball in either semi final.

I don't think he is anywhere near being a Premiership player never mind Liverpool class.

he was gonna be nowhere near the starting 11 today as recently as thursday, due to his leg been swollen with blood.

He shouldn't have played today, so today was really a terrible game in terms of showing us what he could really do on the Hampden pitch. ;)