• Keith Lasley
    • Jamie Murphy
    • Francis Jeffers
    • John Sutton
    • Bob McHugh
    • Maurice Ross
    • Steve Jones
    • Null Vote

Hutchinson and Murphy were immense but I'm giving to Francis Jeffers. His movement in the first half was unreal - he created goal 2 with a pass and then he ran meaning the defenders got all caught up in who to watch and gave Murphy the space, great knockdown for the third and every time we attacked he was dragging defenders here, there and everywhere.

Everyone did their job very effectively for the team, but for me the stand-out was Jamie Murphy, who was a constant threat to the Saints defence but never neglected his defensive responsibilities. Nice goal too!

Craigan for me too. I think McCall must have told him to keep it simple, as you could see he was itching to punt it for one of the front 4 to go chase it, but instead everytime passed it to either Hammell or Hutchinson. What a way to score your first goal in five years too. Although a lot has been said about the keeping for it, I'm not sure the keeper would have saved it if he stayed on his line. Fantastic header.

His volley at the end was priceless - I think some of that was through his lack of punts up the park all game.

Special mentions to everyone else though - Hutchinson seems to be getting better everytime I see him, although took a while for him to find his footing in the first half as Saints dominated in the air - winning a few headers in ourbox but after that he again cruised through the game.

I seen on one of the other team boards (think it was United) that we have the third best team in the SPL and they were thankful for our mid-season problems. We might look at it as nonsense but on any given day we could give anyone a game :D

His volley at the end was priceless - I think some of that was through his lack of punts up the park all game.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I'd forgotten about that. Was a belter.... Oooft have it! :thumbup:

PS went for Randolph. Had some great saves at key times which meant we were never under any real pressure.