Mccall Interview On Sky Tv

postiejim

loada shite there, Its your fucking job to make sure the players do not lose sight of our goals, we had a great chance to get 5th and extra cash for the club and McCall has made a rip roaring c**t of it, now were going into our biggest game in 20 years on a severe downer,with a disjointed team and on the back of shipping 17 goals in our last 5 games,3 of them being Motherwell 0. Aye great prep for a cup final

• Like 1

loada shite there, Its your fucking job to make sure the players do not lose sight of our goals, we had a great chance to get 5th and extra cash for the club and McCall has made a rip roaring c**t of it, now were going into our biggest game in 20 years on a severe downer,with a disjointed team and on the back of shipping 17 goals in our last 5 games,3 of them being Motherwell 0. Aye great prep for a cup final

Whats the alternative ? risk losing top players to injury the week before the final ?

okay we may have lost £80,000 because we never got 5th place.. but isnt the cash reward for winning the final higher ?

aye cause Celtic have lost their top stars to injury a week before the final. Im not saying put the full team out, but making wholesale changes game to game leaves the team disjointed and some of our better players possibly short of big match fitness, blood a young guy or two,make a change or 2 but 5 or 6 changes game to game does far more harm than good, as is shown by us getting annihilated in 3 of our last 4 games

That is spot on. Our momentum has been completely destroyed and confidence will be low. Shipping 17 goals in our last 5 games is not good preparation.

The last 5 games we should have played as near as our cup final side as possible to keep fitness up and try and get a few results going so we go in with some momentum. Poor, poor decision.

You take the rough with the smooth in this game and I believe you should always play your strongest eleven. If a player gets injured so be it, these things happen in football. I don’t remember wee Tommy resting players on the way to our last cup win ( although my memory is shit!). I think Stuart may live to regret this decision.

Got to be honest I don't really agree with squad rotation systems but when we beat Celtic earlier in the season it was after a home defeat to St. Mirren in what was one of the worst performances by the team in many a season.

The players will know only to well how important this match is, most of them will never get a chance to win major silverware again in their career so I don't think form will mean too much going into this one. Those other games didn't mean much and this one does. The players will know the difference. Even looking at it rationally our recent form hasn't been that bad, away defeat to Dundee Utd, defeats to both the old firm and draws against Hearts away (twice) and Kilmarnock? It's not great but it's roughly in line with what you would expect.

The team will either freeze on the big stage because the players we can afford don't have that special mentality you need to win things or they will rise to the occasion and give their all. I don't really think that either of those possibilities will ultimately depend on who played when or what the results were of our last few matches.

I do kind of agree with you there, we cant afford players who are guaranteed not to freeze or will win you silverware but I believe we have a team who,if they get out the blocks fast,can win the cup.

The prob I have is we may have damaged the spirit and mentality we built up in our run to the final. Chopping and changing the team to the extent he has done means it might take saturdays team 20 or 30 mins to settle,something we cant afford to do. Yesterdays result could affect the players mentality as well, if Celtic can whip us 4-0 in what amounted to a training game (and thats exactly what it was,they knew the league was gone almost from kick off) ,what could they do to us in a competetive game? if Celtic score early this is what the players will be thinking and it will be game over