• Steven Saunders
    • Chris Humphrey
    • Steve Jennings
    • Michael Higdon
    • Keith Lasley
    • Jamie Murphy
    • Stuart Carswell
    • Null Vote

Higdon,just ahead of Hateley who's really made the RB slot his own, and Law who's lung-bursting runs forward late in the game were a highlight. The big man won 90%+ of everything that went his way, played some great link up stuff and considering he's just back from injury, kept it going late on. John who?rolleyes.gif

I went for Hateley. he did everything right today, looked very dangerous runnning forward, tried another mazey run towards the end but it never paid off, linked up well with Chris humphrey all match and he was used in almost every attack down that right hand side. Top class Performance today!!!:thumbup: :thumbup: He just tipped Lasley for my vote because Las's tackles were all BRILLIANT!!:evilgrin::P

Aye, Tom an absolute standout today, distribution was top drawer (from open play, as we have to exclude his corners/set pieces), his tenacity in the tackle - which is sometimes lacking, got stuck in about it - possibly more than any other, and solid performance overall. Hammell also being right up there, not a coincidence that both Driver and Templeton were hooked, neither got ANY joy off either full back today.

Hopefully the same tenacity and distribution is there for when he fills in for Las next week.

My vote went to Hateley aswell this week. Thought he tracked back and defended very well today and put in some great tackles. He did his best going forward today and made some good forward runs. Law was a close second and based on what I have seen of him there is a good chance that if he keeps up this level of performance he could get his hands on the POTY come May next year.

Onwards and upwards 'Well fans!!! :yahoo:

Thought the two full backs were the pick of the bunch today but I'd give the award to Hateley.

I've been a bit concerned about him recently, he didn't have a great season last term and I didn't think he'd started this season well either but he was excellent today and hopefully he can keep that level of performance going.

It's actually a shame that you would imagine he'll move into midfield next week. Perhaps on the strength of the performance today McCall will keep him at right back. I think that's what I would do.

Law for me, followed closely by Hateley who had a great game. Law's comfort on the ball and range of passing really helped open things up, especially after Black was sent off. Great pass to Murphy for the goal too. Thought Higdon had a decent game too, looks like he's getting sharper with each game.

No failures today with special mention to Hateley, Hammell and Nicky Law but I went for Big Darren

Couple of excellent saves to keep another clean sheet and I think the players in front of him now know that he will be there if they cock it up.

Need to make sure he doesn't have too many clean sheets though or the Smeltic family wil be looking to add a big Oirishman to their ranks.

Mon the Dossers

Craigan won everything at the back and talked Saunders through the game who looked shaky especially at the start..

Higdon had some neat flicks and marked Zaliukas superbly at all the late dead balls and in the first half

So one of those two but just going for Craigan.

As for the others some were close:

Hammell had a great game but a debit for frequently shite corners

Lasley was in contention but bad ball and second yellow in the debit column

Law was superb against ten but should be busier when the game was stuffy

I like it when its like this, there are about half a dozen in the running.

Craigan didn't put a foot wrong (apart from his cross field pass that went down the tunnel).

Higdon won almost everything, this is him delivering what we expected

Law deft touch was integral, seems to have been tasked with a more defensive role than the freer, "get yourself forward son" one he displayed in the friendlies.

I thought Murphy had squandered his chance but composure got us the three points.

Randolph had an amazing one handed save that showed his class.

Lasley didn't use his head with 5 minutes to go but battling performance.

My vote goes to Tom Hateley, not been among the winners for quite a while and sterling performance today.

I've really liked the look of Hateley this season so I'm chuffed to see him get so much credit after a fine performance today. He offers a real attacking outlet up the right and is strong defensively.

My motm however goes to Law, integral to all of our attacking play. His ability to carry the ball while under pressure is tremendous.

Great team performance today with some excellant individual input.

Went finally for Hateley who just shaded Law

Thought Saunders looked a little nervous and had a couple of slips but stuck to his task.

Randolph, as we now expect, made his customary significant saves at crucial times, but some of his distribution leaves a lot to be desired.

Humphries continues to frighten defences and (or is it my imagination) he is managing to put in a number of telling crosses.

Lets hope S.McC. continues to get an improvement in these areas because it was great to see his determination and joy being expressed on the park at the end of the game as he encouraged each of his players and acknowledged the support.

:woop: