Scottish Cup On Saturday

ForthThistle

Yes we do, and it's worth a helluva lot more than yours. Which is why you are talking about Ravenscraig site?

Yes we have (otherwise the game tomorrow would at the very least have an inspection, which it doesnt) - YET! How many games have been lost at FP in the last 3 years???

And yes we are. Only after shafting creditors by entering admin.

But thanks for your concern. No problem! :lol:

Which part are you querying? That fact that we own it, or the fact that it's worth more than yours?

Do you have any issues which are current?

Again...do you actually live in the past? Do Marks & Spencer annoy you just as much as Motherwell does...given they have also paid off staff in the past? Or are you just being a fanny because we're better than you?

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd take a 1-0 tomorrow, Clarky with the goal. Our defence is looking a lot more solid and I can't imagine it being very pretty to watch. Even though I'd absolutely love to see us win by 3 or 4 and while I don't rate St Mirren at all, they have proven to be a bit of a bogey team for us in recent years.

Like you guys - I feel it will be tight!

11/4 at the bookies is a HUGE price for Saints to win.

Fill yer boots!!!! :P

Welcome tae the Board panda, always nice tae see fans from other teams join in the jovial pre-match banter. Just bear in mind it makes you an easy target :lol::lol:

Love the avatar you picked and if you can just imagine the panda at the rear wearing a Well top, thats what we'll be doin to you this weekend :lol:

I can't remember the last time I saw us beat St Mirren comfortably, maybe because we haven't since they recently came back up. Even when they were in the SPL back in 2000/2001, as much as we won 4 times against them that year, none of them were gubbings. As such, every time we play them I'm pretty nervous.

Aye, this season in the game's we've played them for once we've looked the better team, especially at their place. That in itself was something we've not been able to manage, and I'd say we will have more than enough to take care of them. The style we've been playing since we beat Invershneckie has been back to our best, or not far short of it.

Ahh good old fashioned Buddy Baiting...

At last some decent posters!! ;)

Yip! I know I leave masel wide open coming on to your board. No malice on my part!

We both know that our teams are equalish, and that all games in the last 2/3 years have been balanced tightly.

I was surprised to read so many "I hate St Mirren" posts on here?

If only like minded people from North Lanarkshire felt the same as we do about the old squirm problems in our local society, then Strathclyde would be a better place?

Like always, I am dreading Sunday week! (and before any smartarse says it..we play on the Saturday!!)

PS: ref my other post - Saints 100/30 at PaddyPower - no-one on here is likely to dive in, but, really - that is just a plain silly price!

See youz tomorrow in the electric bar or whatever it's called!!

PP

Let's be honest though any ill feeling is brought on entirely by yourselves. Were in not for the incredibly high opinion you all seem to have of yourselves and the way most Saints fans seem to seem to want to lay down the law to us on from how we should conduct our finances right through to how the grass grows on our pitch while you'd simply be another Inverness, Dunfermline or St Johnstone that no 'Well fan really gives a shit about. But we'll done - you've made it. You're a irritation to us.

If only like minded people from North Lanarkshire felt the same as we do about the old squirm problems in our local society, then Strathclyde would be a better place?

And how pray tell do you know that's not the case? You sound like a Partick Thistle fan there as if you are the only ones fighting the true righteous cause against the Old Firm.

PS: ref my other post - Saints 100/30 at PaddyPower - no-one on here is likely to dive in, but, really - that is just a plain silly price!

Good for you. We're well chuffed for you, you like the odds. Still doesn't mean you are going to win though. Hope your friendly bookie is appreciative of your donation to his funds.

Let's be honest though any ill feeling is brought on entirely by yourselves. Were in not for the incredibly high opinion you all seem to have of yourselves and the way most Saints fans seem to seem to want to lay down the law to us on from how we should conduct our finances right through to how the grass grows on our pitch while you'd simply be another Inverness, Dunfermline or St Johnstone that no 'Well fan really gives a shit about. But we'll done - you've made it. You're a irritation to us.

And how pray tell do you know that's not the case? You sound like a Partick Thistle fan there as if you are the only ones fighting the true righteous cause against the Old Firm.

Good for you. We're well chuffed for you, you like the odds. Still doesn't mean you are going to win though. Hope your friendly bookie is appreciative of your donation to his funds.

What an immature post from a "MODERATOR"

Where did we "bring it on ourselves"? Why shouldn't we have a high opinion of ourselves any more or any less than a Motherwell fan? Are asspirations for greater things so wrong?

Of course we are an "irritation" - job done!! Just as you are to us as much as Falkirk, Hibs Hea...ach whats the point?

As for the "righteous cause against the old firm" comment, - there is a case of pot / kettle / black here. My 8.30pm post was almost an olive branch, but no - "SUPERMOD" has to stoop to the levels of a tattiemuncher - "everybdy hates us we don't care!!"

Personally, I saw you lot as part of "le ressistance" However, I assume / hope YOU are the case of exception!

Yes, I DO like the odds, taht is my perogative as a punter, I was merely trying to point out that I felt they were way way too big. I would feel the same if I got 100/30 on Well at Paisley. I am not as shallow as - ermm "certain people" that I am unable to identify a bookies incorrect margin forecast! At no point did I DECLARE that Saints would romp this tie, and, I would hold you in nore respect if you were intelligent enough to be able to see that!!

Sorry Panda but have you actually read the 100's of posts on yer own board spouting hatred cos you got humped in a game many moons ago.

Makes ye laugh :lol:

PS See ye in the pub if your buying.........

What an immature post from a "MODERATOR"

Oh dear. My apologies if I don't meet your exacting standards!

Where did we "bring it on ourselves"? Why shouldn't we have a high opinion of ourselves any more or any less than a Motherwell fan? Are asspirations for greater things so wrong?

Of course we are an "irritation" - job done!! Just as you are to us as much as Falkirk, Hibs Hea...ach whats the point?

You asked the question about the amount of "I hate St Mirren posts". Again sorry if you didn't like the answer.

Nothing wrong whatsoever in trying to aspire to be the best you can but rightly or wrongly the perception of your support - particularly those who frequent P&B is one that thinks a great deal of themselves often in contrast to what we perceive to be your true standing in the grand scheme of things and as such you have slightly more irritation value than the norm.

You might well think the same of Motherwell for all I know - I don't - but you asked the question.

As for the "righteous cause against the old firm" comment, - there is a case of pot / kettle / black here. My 8.30pm post was almost an olive branch, but no - "SUPERMOD" has to stoop to the levels of a tattiemuncher - "everybdy hates us we don't care!!"

Personally, I saw you lot as part of "le ressistance" However, I assume / hope YOU are the case of exception!

You seem to misinterpret my point entirely. Your comment "If only like minded people from North Lanarkshire felt the same as we do about the old squirm problems in our local society, then Strathclyde would be a better place?" infers that we don't share your frustrations on anything like the level you do - I can't emphasis enough that we do. But the way you put your point across looks like you want to score points and attempt to take some higher morale ground.

Yes, I DO like the odds, taht is my perogative as a punter, I was merely trying to point out that I felt they were way way too big. I would feel the same if I got 100/30 on Well at Paisley. I am not as shallow as - ermm "certain people" that I am unable to identify a bookies incorrect margin forecast! At no point did I DECLARE that Saints would romp this tie, and, I would hold you in nore respect if you were intelligent enough to be able to see that!!

Again I'll repeat, good for you, you like your odds. Equally my perogative is that no matter how generous you feel the bookies are I still hope that whatever odds you get they'll end up being a donation to your bookie.

Motherwell will win tomorrow. That's a fact.

In fact, if Motherwell don't progress to the next round I will hold a piece of paper that says "I Love Paisley Panda" and post it on here.

There we go.

We will win.*

* - I hope.

Oh dear. My apologies if I don't meet your exacting standards!

You asked the question about the amount of "I hate St Mirren posts". Again sorry if you didn't like the answer.

Nothing wrong whatsoever in trying to aspire to be the best you can but rightly or wrongly the perception of your support - particularly those who frequent P&B is one that thinks a great deal of themselves often in contrast to what we perceive to be your true standing in the grand scheme of things and as such you have slightly more irritation value than the norm.

You might well think the same of Motherwell for all I know - I don't - but you asked the question.

You seem to misinterpret my point entirely. Your comment "If only like minded people from North Lanarkshire felt the same as we do about the old squirm problems in our local society, then Strathclyde would be a better place?" infers that we don't share your frustrations on anything like the level you do - I can't emphasis enough that we do. But the way you put your point across looks like you want to score points and attempt to take some higher morale ground.

Again I'll repeat, good for you, you like your odds. Equally my perogative is that no matter how generous you feel the bookies are I still hope that whatever odds you get they'll end up being a donation to your bookie.

Don't disagree with ano of that mate!

Can we shake hands & get on wth the game?

(See you in the bookies) :lol:

I was thinking, what if a guy turns up at the electric tomorra with a Panda suit on, would he get a slap for being on the forum :lol:

Can't wait for this game now, lets hope we have learned from last season and take our time to win this game. Don't think I will be visiting the bookies before it though.

I'm going to take my usual stand before the game of daring not to dream to hard in case it blows up in my face.

I hear clarky's wedding day is planned the same day as the cup final as the sfa pulled it back a week.

Hmm i'd love for him to get roasted by the to be mrs clarkson for playing for the well instead of tying the knot!!!

Don't disagree with ano of that mate!

Can we shake hands & get on wth the game?

(See you in the bookies) :P

Good good! Hands duly shaken and game being focused on!

As it happens I'm all for opposing fans paying us a visit, getting involved and offering a different perspective, so glad our discussion has remained fairly cordial.

10/11 for the Dossers is your magic number at the bookies mind.... :P:P

Here PP, I would have thought you'd be keeping the highbaws low - aren't pandas already an endangered species? Glad your playing nice now though, you'll need all your frustration for 4.45pm mate :P

Been on the St Midden forum and had a wee smile at what appears to be a lack of optimism in the far west. To be honest though, whilst I think our current form should take us into the next round, I don't think we'll rattle 3 or 4 past them. We play better against the bigger teams I just hope complacency doesn't cost us. 2-1 Motherwell (Sutton to at retain his place and a least get one).