Stevie Hammell

steelboy

In the time I've been watching Motherwell, I think we've had the best run of left backs outside the Old Firm. Joe Wark, (ok - maybe forget Derek Murray), Tom Boyd, Rab McKinnon, Stephen McMillan and Stevie Hammell - we've had some incredible contributions from our left backs most of whom have also been pretty attack-minded.

As mentioned earlier, it says a lot about Hammell that we played McMillan in front of Hammell as the two of them were too good to leave one of them out.

I remember when McMillan and McCulloch left I was more gutted about McMillan leaving than I was McCulloch. It's a shame that injury cut his career short.

Hammell stepped in to his shoes brilliantly and we never really missed McMillan.

Stevie Hammell :notworthy:

Remember McMillan very well but can't recall where he went after us & what injury he picked up. Any Info?

In all Hammell's appearances has he reached double figures yet in goals scored? Sure he must have i remember a few cracking free kicks from him.

Remember McMillan very well but can't recall where he went after us & what injury he picked up. Any Info?

In all Hammell's appearances has he reached double figures yet in goals scored? Sure he must have i remember a few cracking free kicks from him.

Unless I'm mistaken I think McMillan went to Wigan, same as McCulloch.

• 1 month later...